Assassins Creed Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:52 pm

That video just made me hate kinect that much more.

I wouldnt mind trying AC at some point, but im just not sure if its my kind of game series, I am on the fence about it. Although I have had a good amount of people recomend it to me.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:57 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Betcha thats the wiiu version

trollface

It's either the PC version or Wii-U version. As you well know game devs always show the game onthe most powerful hardware.

Also people remember that Kinect stuff was announced April 1st
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Tuffty » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:02 am

Yeh we kinda caught on about the Kinect thing about a minute into the video :lol:
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Tuffty » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:16 pm

I mentioned it in my Revelations review, but the one thing I do hope that's improved upon for AC3, moreso than things like more NPC's or even a different setting, is the enemy AI. It was dumb in 2, but acceptable considering the rest of the game was all new and all so good that you forgave it. But now, 2 years on, using the same, familiar engine and setting from 2 and you're still able to stab a guard only to have his friend turn around and wonder how there's a corpse at his feet when you're standing in plain sight is just really old now. As is getting spotted by a rooftop guard, you hid behind the wall or hanged over the edge shortly, and the guard soon forgets that there was a hooded stranger up on the rooftops with him. So yes, improved AI please. Will be much appreciated Ubisoft.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:42 pm

AI is hard lol.

I've been studying it and its just not easy to work out and keep balanced. If instead of stopping to look at you, or allowing you to use their face as a pin cushion, what if an enemy could 1 hit KO YOU 1 in every 10 times you tried to counter. A lot of people would be frustrated. It'd be cool if they did something but it just not something thats thought about often.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby OL » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:36 am

It's not a matter of the AI being stupid, necessarily. I think what you're actually wanting is for the AI to be more relentless.
And yeah, relentless AI is entirely doable, but I don't think it would be very fun.
I like that if a guard spots you, you can drop off a ledge and after a few seconds he just says "fuck it" and continues whatever he was doing. It leaves a little bit of breathing room. It just wouldn't be fun if enemies always followed you to the ends of the Earth, or at least until you murder them.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:35 pm

OL wrote:It just wouldn't be fun if enemies always followed you to the ends of the Earth, or at least until you murder them.

You don't like Shenmue?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:48 am

The Freedom Edition

This prestigious edition includes everything an experienced Assassin needs to become a freedom fighter. It includes:
- Assassin's Creed III retail game

- A 24-cm high-quality figurine of Connor

- A steel book case art drawn by awards-winning comic artist Alex Ross

- George Washington's notebook revealing all the truth & secrets about the Assassins and the Templars during the American Revolution

- One exclusive Lithograph

- 2 in-game Single Player Missions:

o Lost Mayan Ruins: Connor's mission leads him in an old Mayan pyramid, full of mysteries and revelations. Players will be able to unlock Captain Kidd's fabled cutlass, a deadly, brutal and beautiful piece of steel.

o Ghost of War: The tide of the Revolution turns into the Templars favour. Defeat your enemies and unlock The Pontiac's War Club, a powerful Native American weapon.

- 1 in-game Multiplayer Package:

o The Sharpshooter package: Unleash the Sharpshooter fury in multiplayer with 1 new character, the Sharpshooter, 1 Relic, 1 Emblem, 1 special Picture and the Title of "The Jester".

The Join or Die Edition

"Join or Die" a single call to action which will determine if players are ready to fight for freedom. It includes:
- Assassin's Creed III retail game

- The medallion of the Assassins with its high-quality curd ladle

- George Washington's notebook revealing all the truth & secrets about the Assassins and the Templars during the American Revolution

- 1 in-game Single Player Mission:

o Ghost of War: The tide of the Revolution turns into the Templars favour. Defeat your enemies and unlock The Pontiac's War Club, a powerful Native American weapon.

- 1 in-game Multiplayer Package:

o The Sharpshooter package: Unleash the Sharpshooter fury in multiplayer with 1 new character, the Sharpshooter, 1 Relic, 1 Emblem, 1 special Picture and the Title of "The Jester".

The Special Edition

The Special Edition features a special packaging, the retail copy of the game and an exclusive single player mission (see below) and more:

o A Dangerous Secret: Fight against a secret that could jeopardise the funding of the revolution. In case of success, you'll be rewarded with an exclusive weapon: a Flintlock Musket.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri May 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Skip to 1:30 to see early AC footage when it was set in the Prince Of Persia world called Prince of Persia: Assassins from 2004.
At one point you had to save the boy who would later become the Prince of Persia[seen in last pic]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygVXJp1AvfU[/youtube]

Co op was also planned at that stage but of course cut from the first 2 games and had a female assassin

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon May 07, 2012 3:34 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBpPrHs8WA4[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Mon May 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Oh come on. No social media bullshit please. I think I'll just wait til someone bootlegs it or most likely wait a week, when they will release the full trailer once people have lost interest in whatever gimmick they're promoting.

*EDIT*

Just realised, that guard? He took an arrow to the knee.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tuffty » Thu May 10, 2012 6:27 pm

See look at that, didn't even have to wait a week for the full trailer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YB6g09CSNM[/youtube]

That ending! Looks so good.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Thu May 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Trailer was great!
I usually avoid CE of games but that ACIII collectors edition seems too good to pass up.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Thu May 10, 2012 9:12 pm

I won't be able to get the CE sadly but that trailer sold me on the game. Yeah yeah play the others first for story and what not.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Tuffty » Thu May 10, 2012 9:33 pm

If you ask me, I would recommend you don't even play the first, just watch a Youtube walkthrough or whatever and start with AC2.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming