Assassins Creed Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Postby TEEPO™ » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:31 pm

ACIII was a good game until it made you stop playing as a white man.

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby mue 26 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Teepo, just post a cock pic or GTFO. Stop teasing us with this lame sub qwerty jocking.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Like having QWERTY back with the same old rederick
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:55 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6rwCyP1LLg[/youtube]

This seems just about as "right up my alley" as an AC game could possibly be. The environments look fantastic, and as I've said before, the theme itself is just pure gold for me.
Just hoping the story doesn't suck.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:49 pm

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

....Sorry, that trailer was very pirate heavy, must have had an effect on me. I think it looks great. The developers have said it's a seamless open world, which sounds very promising. I've seen in numerous interviews that they're really hammering home the point that 'stealth is back' and they know that AC3 was perhaps too combat heavy and so they're back to emphasising on proper assassinations. Of course, it doesn't look it considering Kenway has two cutlasses and two pistols to use but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm definately curious about this even if I was a little slightly burned by AC3. Perhaps the expectations were a little too high and the disappointingly dull protaganist and story, undermined with bugs and glitches, makes me hope that this one isn't as rushed. I think it needs to be convincing, it just sucks that I try to get immersed into AC3 but just can't with the texture pop in and NPC's being randomly generated right in front of your eyes or even disappearing into thin air. All this talk for AC4 sounds like the open world pirate game I always wanted. Here's hoping they have the time to give it that extra bit of polish. If so, it could really be incredible.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Have they seriously already released gameplay footage from AC 4? It's all a little too soon isn't it? I haven't even played AC 3 yet (partly because it sounded like the franchise's lack of focus had only got worse with 3, and that was already my main criticism of the prior games). I actually do like the setting of this new one, and the ship battles or whatever will be cool...but I really really think this series is suffering from over exposure. Or at least it is with me, and I'm sure if Ubi continue releasing AC games at this velocity, it won't be long before every else gets a little tired of seeing them too. Or maybe they won't, I guess we'll find out. Much like Tuffty though, I won't mind so much if they spend more time polishing this game and emphasising more of a focus, rather than just getting a bunch of fragmented dev teams to bosh it out. But again, I don't find the speed at which this is going forward to be particularly encouraging.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:11 am

You want too soon? They are already talking about next years game

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... creed-game
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby mue 26 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:33 pm

*face palm* What is it with people these days, they don't seem to understand the concept of over exposure and saturation. They get a formula that seems to be working, and proceed to flood the market and flog us to death with it. I really don't think the franchise will ever get it's focus back (not that it was ever all that focused and tight in the first place, to be honest), but it will make everyone sick of the sight of it soon enough.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:18 pm

There are musicians I love that come out with new content every year (sometimes entire albums).
The tv shows I love come back each year with a new season and new stories.
Why is it that a videogame series having yearly entries is somehow thought of as overexposure now?
I don't really get that. I mean, sure, a longer wait would be good for ironing out glitches and technical matters. But things like that aside, I'm not personally going to complain if I consistently keep getting new content out of a series I really enjoy. Even if I get burnt out on it, I can just skip playing the newest one, play something else, and come back to the series when the urge actually hits me.
I hardly see how more content is anything to complain about. If one actually likes that series, then it's nothing but a good thing. AC3 may have been weak as hell in the story department, but it was still a different enough game from the others that it was still worth playing for previous fans. And I don't doubt that the same will apply with this one as well.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:44 am

I think people are just starting to get over kil on it. I mean the games due this year are not even finished and they are already talking about next years game.

Set up a Chinese account and you can get ACIII for free

http://marketplace.xbox.com/zh-CN/Produ ... noSplash=1

Its in English as well.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:06 am

Ubi Soft is doing an Activision to AC. I don't mean the quality is dropping yet(not played ACIII to judge) just that instead of making people wait and really anticipate each game they are going to run it into the ground as people will tire of it with these yearly releases. I love ACII and not played anything else yet. I love the look of IV but I wish Ubi would be more careful. Too good a series to be thrown around like a cheap whore.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:10 am

I can see why they can do it at a better quality than Act because around 7 dev teams work on each project but for me personally i don't like yearly releases no matter what type of game it is.

I do still plan to get the games Ive skipped at some point but i would like to see more new IPs. Or maybe have 1 or 2 of these teams help make Beyond Good and Evil 2.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:20 am

I'm glad Rayman returned after the long hiatus with those dumb rabbits games. Would like to see PoP again and I liked the 2008 game. New IP's be nice as well. I have BGE and it was fun but I don't feel it's super amazing or anything. Still as a gamer who knows the awful wait on series you love 3 times over the fans deserve it esp after the 2008 teaser the HD version then Ubi keeps saying they are working on it. Fans are losing hope as it sounds like Vs13 and TLG type of deal this gen.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:57 am

AC if written by Lionhead.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFTws7saOI[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to General Gaming