Assassins Creed Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Postby Calshot » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Tuffty » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:01 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfeRgpC2Ozc[/youtube]
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:07 pm

^Gameplay looks really nice. Same ol AC no doubt, but the new features look nice. However....

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N9gGK4-GI0[/youtube]

all this patriotism is really starting to grate on me a bit. It might as well be

http://tubedubber.com/#Boy11rMf50Q:IhnU ... :100:0:0:1

lol
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Calshot wrote:Image

When it said "admit it, you didn't notice him at first", I thought it was implying that the one on the far left was a dude. And I believed it at first.
Yeesh.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Oh I see what you mean now. :???:
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:14 pm

OL wrote:
Calshot wrote:Image

When it said "admit it, you didn't notice him at first", I thought it was implying that the one on the far left was a dude. And I believed it at first.
Yeesh.

First I saw it when he posted it I thought he meant the woman who looks like a guy in drag
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Um yeah, that's... kinda what I was saying...
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Tuffty » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:31 am

Suddently the Vita game, Liberation, got that much more interesting. It's being developed by Ubisoft Sofia, however, the game is made by a fake developer. Abstergo Industries.

The game is set in late 18th-century New Orleans and the surrounding bayou over the course of a dozen years, as the local French rebel against the Spanish rulers of the former Louisiana colony. (There's also at least one side trip to Mexico.) The game's protagonist Aveline is, theoretically, an assassin hero who helps the resistance while taking aim at Templars. She is not an ancestor of Desmond Miles, Farrese told me, making her the first protagonist in the series without a family connection to Assassin's Creed's modern-day main character. Now I'm wondering if she was even a "real" figure in the game's world or a turncoat. After all, why would Abstergo, a company that essentially is a front for the Assassin-hating Templars, create and sell an Animus/game that lets regular people experience the life of an Assassin? Farrese said that was a good question to ask.

Really interesting. You would imagine that the story itself then is pro-Templar, perhaps even as propaganda which serves a greater purpose to the modern day story of AC. Why would they do this? With this info in hand, you wonder where the story is gonna take you. For that alone, I would be interested to play it.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:12 am

Proper lookin forward to the third, looks like they're makin necessary improvements, but I do have issues with a few things that I think they're just gonna skip over.

First, the environments are always brilliant in AC, but they rarely give you a reason to do anything other than chill on the rooftops, which in turn makes the game lose it's atmosphere. It always feels like a deeper game when you're in an area that you can't just climb and air assassinate/ use crosswbow/chuck throwin knives. For instance, the mission in Brotherhood where it asks you to assassinate from a bench for full synch. It posed a much greater challenge and made you appreciate the level of detail the team put into the games. Any other time though and it's a case of "climb buildin, follow roof route, dispatch of roof guards, jump and land in memory start marker. It just makes a brillaint game seem a little one-dimensional.

The next thing is multiplayer. I love it. Whether it's beastin guys on Manhunt, outwittin motherfuckers on Capture the Artifact, or casually poisonin unwitting targets on deathmatches, it rewards you for your awesome stealth skills (or, to be more specific, MY awesome stealth skills) One thing that pisses me off though, is that a lot of people who play multiplayer don't get multiplayer. In the team games, you can poison someone to give your team the lead, then some mongo comes along and high profile kills them for 100 points... Then you got the roofers. Guys who just chill on the roof like it's single player, which means you have to climb up to kill them, all the while exposin yourself to your pursuer as your target just runs off, leavin you a sitting duck if whoever's after you has a gun (or is already up there!) Then you got the boringly repetitive level 50 matches. Guaranteed that if it's Manhunt (or Wanted, can't remember, the one where you hide one round then kill the next), and it's full of Level 50-ers, the whole game is just a case of smoke bomb, stun, mute, stun, rinse and repeat. I have a firecrackers/gun ability combo to deal with this, but the cooldown time just cause it to be a tedious experience, as you wait for an opportunity to actually ASSASSINATE them (which obviously never comes along.

Then there's the limitations of multiplayer. Sure, I love it, and I know it's developed by another team, but surely it'd be an idea to implement a multiplayer mode more akin to single player. Single player is fuckin brilliant, as is multiplayer, so splice em together and you're onto a winner. Just imagine it, a huge city in which to hunt down your target or hide from your pursuer. You have all NPC character models activated, and you can buy dyes or different clothes from shops to blend in different places for different situations. Not only would it become more stealthy, but more tactical. Assassins could cut off escape routes, while the primary goes after the target, whilst the target could set up the assassins chasing them and have guards attack them, or hire factions to assist you. That way, the aim could be to outright just eliminate the targets instead of "kill using x method to earn x amount of points, then respawn". It'd make for a much better experience, imo. By the looks of it though, they're basically just using the new environments, character animations/models, adding a few new modes and adding an extra ability slot. That's it. I'd gladly buy a multiplayer only game at full retail price if it was more like single player.

Last, summat I'm really pissed off about is the decision to end Desmond's story here. Why? Why why why why why? I wanted one more AC in the animus after III, then a modern day AC to wrap up the story. Just imagine the possibilities. AC mixed with a little GTA and a little of Watch Dogs (which looks amazing btw) Police come after you instead of guards, and you have to hop around from safehouse to safehouse as Abstergo's own assassins try to hunt you down. Hell, fleein the country to get aid from a foreign faction of Assassins would just make it perfect. I really think it's gonna be a missed opportunity, and whilst I'm well aware of the whole 2012 idea, I can't help but whine and bitch about how Ubisoft are throwing away such a brilliant opportunity. I mean, shit, I'm pretty sick of playin video games feelin like the ultimate untouchable killing machine, I wanna feel exposed and vulnerable like a naked white bird in Compton. I want an element of actual danger. I think the last time I died in a video game (excluding multiplayer) was Sonic 4 Ep I, and that was over a year ago now. I just thought it'd be pretty cool to play as Desmond, thinkin "I've got the skills of Altair, Ezio and Connor, I'm untouchable", only for Ubisoft to turn round and say "Yes, but can you hide from CCTV or spot a sniper from the adjacent building?"

Ah well, maybe when I set up my own development team.........
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby OL » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:03 am

^^There are still plenty of possibilities with the franchise. Just because AC3 is the end of Desmond's story doesn't mean it's the end of the series. They've said how they want to continue with it as one of their major franchises, and they want to continue making games for it. They can do whatever they feel like with history, or they could do a modern-day one. I'm sure the ideas are already in place.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:15 am

They also said that after AC III that they were gonna leave it to rest for a little while to focus on other games. They've done that before, with Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia being the most notable series. When they returned, however, they came back as shadows of their former selves (which is quite ironic, considering AC, the title the others were put on hold to focus on, was originally intended as a PoP title with SC-style gameplay)
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:48 am

Assassin's Creed 3 creative lead Alex Hutchinson said at a recent Ubisoft press event that the series needs to move on from its protracted modern day storyline about aggressively ordinary everyman Desmond Miles.

Hutchinson likened remembering what was going on in Desmond's story as recalling what happened in junior high during college.

"Things that go on too long lack resonance. We're asking people to remember seven years worth of story. Which is like saying you were in junior high and now you're finishing college. And you need to remember what you were doing in junior high," he explained in a report by Polygon.

"I think Desmond needs to end."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... eventually

If they're going to do that, I hope they give Desmond some more playtime.

I thought the intention was to make Desmond some super assassin like figure through the bleeding effect that being in the Animus has.

Would be a shame if they wrapped his story up in AC3 just by beating on a few bad guys. I'd like to see him get his own game in a modern day setting. It would be really interesting to see.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:03 pm

This is why Desmond's story should be wrapped up in a game where you only play as Desmond.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:08 am

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III