Assassins Creed Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Postby OL » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Yokosuka Martian wrote: Don't tell me who it is if we do, but do we ever find out who Subject 16 is? 8-[

It's not really a big reveal or anything. He's just... Subject 16. Desmond is Subject 17.
16 is all over Revelations though. And there was a comic series about him.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Ok, I'm just close to beating Brotherhood so I was just wondering is all lol. I knew Desmond was Subject 17. Before continuing to play brotherhood I had to refresh my memory on the first two. I completely forgot Desmond already knew he was an assassin lmao
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Dat Assassins Creed Brotherhood ending.... HOREEE SHEEEET

Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Since AC2 I knew something was up with Lucy.Made it even more obvious in Brotherhood when she goes missing from the Villa in a few sequences only to mysteriously re-appear.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:19 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip-85FGecCM[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:38 am

I Beat Revelations

I've got to say, that ending was quite powerful (The Ezio part). When they got into the creation part it just became more confusing. The gods look like they jumped out of tron. Where was the place that the gods showed Desmond at the end? I assume it's the first place they go in AC III?
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:05 pm

^^Try to watch the short film Assassin's Creed: Embers if you can. Nice wrap-up to Ezio's story.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:14 pm

I did and while I thought it was great, I do think that deserved a full length feature. He deserves more than just 20 minutes.

Yokosuka Martian has received a thanks from: OL
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:15 pm

You should also take a look at Assassins Creed Lineage.Short prequel to AC2,you can tell it had a very short budget but I thought it was very well done.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Tuffty » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:59 pm

Been playing Assassins Creed 3 for a few hours and honestly most of my time has just been spent playing the Nine Man Morris mini-game and whatever other mini-game that is on the ship. Feeling a bit overwhelmed being in Boston, but then I felt that way with Florence/Rome/Constantinople too. Very nice looking area, love being around the docks.

Combat is the biggest difference to me so far. Out of habit I hold down RT to defend but instead it's B, which led to some hilarious cases of me running away and getting hit in the back. Combat in general just takes a while, like there are too many guys around me to deal with and I'm just pressing buttons randomly and coming out of it alive. It looks awesome, like faces being shoved into brick walls and shit, but would like a few smaller one on one skirmishes first to relearn.

Shame to see that aside from the obvious change in setting, the multiplayer is pretty much cut and pasted from Revelations. Was hoping for something more from a numbered title.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:35 pm

I'm giving myself some breathing room after finishing revelations yesterday before i move on to III. Are there any changes at all to the multiplayer even if it's tiny?
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tuffty » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:54 pm

They are very little. A few new abilities/perks/killstreaks added, a reworking of old gametypes but with new names and a new co-op game mode called Wolfpack (which actually is pretty cool). But that's it. Smoke Bomb is even more unbalanced considering that they took Mute and Charge out so everyone is using it. Cause why not? You can still easily be on the receiving end of a smoke bomb/focus/poison kill and rack in the points and there's very little you can do about it.

Tuffty has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Since I got Brotherhood and revelations at a close time, i only dabbled a bit in both, so the multiplayer is still fresh for me :-p. i'll be more invested in AC III multiplayer since that's where everyone flocked to after Revelations .
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:06 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJuwA5U1qgo[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Tuffty » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:28 am

I've already mentioned about how odd Connor's assassin's training is when narrative meets gameplay and while that main part left me thinking like 'eh, whatever', I do want to mention that I actually took Connor's training into my own hands and I think it gave me a much more fulfilling experience in training Connor to be an assassin.

After
the Boston massacre
you're given an option to fast travel, either directly back to the homestead and continue with the next mission, or back to the frontier. I chose the latter. I thought it would be cool to not only explore some of it, because I hadn't done much before then, but also built this story in my own head, that as part of Connor's training he is asked to make his way back to the homestead by travelling across the frontier on his own. It takes a while too, like maybe 20-30 mins of travel on foot to reach the homestead. But honestly, doing that gave me some greater experiences than following the main storyline progression.

Like I found a synchronisation point that was this massive tree. And I had difficulty climbing up it, I would get so far and then mess up and slide back down the tree or just fall like a stone to the snowy ground below.I eventually made it and found it really satisfying that Connor would take multiple attempts to climb it, thinking that it would increase his knowledge, his physique and test his determination. I learned of the dangers of the frontier while running across the trees as I saw a guard run for his life from a wolf before getting mauled by it. I would hunt for food in the harsh winter setting, get to learn more about how those mechanics work. I saw a camp of redcoats and avoided them by running along the trees above. I saw a smaller group of guards protect a treasure chest in a barn and through planning and entering through the roof, I was able to dispatch them quickly, not shedding much blood.

All of those things were pretty satisfying to me as part of the character development. It wasn't necessary and it just added more game time for me than anything, but I thought it was cool that those things happened to me and I consider it as part of my experience of getting to know Assassin's Creed 3 better and serve as some kind of development for Connor.

Tuffty has received a thanks from: OL
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming