Fist of the North Star series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Fist of the North Star series

Postby white lotus » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:19 am

I really like Fist of The Nor-

ATATATATATATATATATATATAATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA!!

:roll:

white lotus has received a thanks from: Tuffty
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby OL » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Holy shit.
Just saw some footage of Ken's Rage 2, and goddamn does it look improved. I didn't have much of a problem with how the characters moved in the first game myself, but it's still awesome to see how everything has been sped up, with new moves and animations all over the place.
Having finished the first game pretty recently, the improvements are incredibly obvious just from the first few seconds of seeing it. The environments thus far still look a little empty, but hopefully they'll at least match their counterparts from the anime a little better this time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSsEfFatMY[/youtube]

And even cooler is seeing the new trailer, which shows off a bit of the sort of "re-interpreted" parts from the first series, along with footage from the bits covering the second series as well. Adult Bat looks like he'll be incredibly fun to play as.
Can't wait to see more of Ein and Shachi too.
And goddammit, I want to see some boss battles now. Hopefully it'll have an actual lock-on button this time

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVbuQY-aFmU[/youtube]

This one has me pretty excited. People will no doubt still have their complaints about it, but both as an adaptation of the anime and as a flat-out beat-em-up, this looks like it'll wipe the floor with the first game.
Already bought.

EDIT: I may have to wait on making a video for the first game like I had been planning, and do it on this instead. I was intending it to cover both the game and the anime, so this looks like it'll be a bit more apt.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Cave Johnson, Tuffty
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Does this have a confirmed western release?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:38 pm

The trailer has the Pegi logo at the beginning, so I would assume the subtitles are official (I read somewhere that the game won't have an english dub). So yeah, seems pretty confirmed to me.

EDIT: Looks like Devil Reverse (or Devil Rebirth... whichever translation they end up using) hasn't been shrunken down at all. Should be a pretty awesome boss battle.

EDIT 2: Sorry, keep replying to myself. Last one, promise.
Just saw that they're doing another "Treasure Box" release in Japan, and it has some cool goodies to go along with it.
Since I already know the story (not like I'm going to be lost or anything) this may be the first time I actually pre-order a Japanese version of a game. That Kenshiro USB is calling out to me. :lol:

OL
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:41 pm

The treasure boxes are always pretty nice. also this got announced for localization a whiiiile ago.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Cave Johnson » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:31 pm

I am hyped about this game! I would be all over a western version of that treasure box if they ever decide to make one. Also, I'm certain it will get a western release, but unfortunately this time around it might be psn only especially if the rumor that its subtitle only is true.
Cave Johnson
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: SHMUPS

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Pirate Warriors (which comes out tuesday YOSH!) is the only digital one. It possible because this is the 2nd game it'll get a disc release since dynasty warriors 7 empires and warriors orochi are getting em.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:06 am

One-Piece is digital-only?
Shit...
What about in the UK?
Import-able, maybe?
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:25 am

OL wrote: One-Piece is digital-only?
Shit...
What about in the UK?
Import-able, maybe?

I think the uk release is physical, doo that and WOTS4 in one shot to keep shipping low

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: OL
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:44 am

Yeeeeaaaaaaahhh, yet another import to invest in.
The UK has never been as useful to me as it has in this generation of gaming.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: doo that and WOTS4 in one shot to keep shipping low

Playasia is showing free shipping for both games. Either way, it's still punching my savings in the balls; standard 60 dollars for WotS4, with another 70 for One-Piece.
Oh, my poor, poor checking account.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:47 am

Sadly I'm strapped for cash so next week I'm going halfers on a PSN card with my roommate. I've been driving everyone crazy singing "We are" in English and Japanese.

Damn I miss the 90s.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:49 am

OL wrote: Yeeeeaaaaaaahhh, yet another import to invest in.
The UK has never been as useful to me as it has in this generation of gaming.

Same for you guys, but in reverse. I've been importing from the US, like mad, this generation. Don't forget we're also getting Way of the Samurai 4 physical, too! :twisted:

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Yessir. I've so far Imported R&C: Quest For Booty, Tenchu: Time of the Assassins, The Last Window, and Siren: Blood Curse, and now I'm gonna be getting WotS4, Pirate Battle, and R&C: Q-Force.
I like region-free compatability. :D
Hopefully Fist of the North Star will still be coming to the US physically (even though I may be importing the Japanese version anyway, money permitting). Kind of hard to guess on that one.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Definately looks faster than the original. I wonder if the likes of Rei have also been sped up :o I didn't notice Ken shouting out the names of his special attacks though. That's something that still gives me that tingly sensation in the first game so I hope it's carried over here too.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:56 pm

^^I've read instances of people bitching about the special moves taking too long when you have to use them over and over again, saying that the whole process with the name at the end just breaks up the action too much.
I agree with you of course. It's a great throwback to the anime, obviously, and I liked it every time it happened in the game.
But considering they're taking fan feedback to heart, I don't know that it'll happen much at all this time, unless it's in cinematics or capping off a boss fight.

That's another thing I hope for though; a slightly more cinematic feel to it. Watching videos of One-Piece Pirate Battle, it occurred to me how cool it would be if Ken's Rage had more in the way of QTEs during boss fights, and more of a steady flow between cutscenes and gameplay. As crazy as the action can get in the show, a little addition like that would be cool to see.
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming