Sleeping Dogs

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Sleeping Dogs

Postby south carmain » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:56 pm

sleeping dogs is the only game I bought DLC for, it really wasn't worth it though.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 pm

I got the Nightmare pack when it was on offer. Fun but not worth full price.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby south carmain » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:00 pm

yeah that's the one I got too and those were my thoughts exactly, fun but not worth paying for. especially because so many things in it were really poorly done.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Yeah its a shame its only get small DLC's Loved the retail game and it would actually have been nice to have a big expansion for it instead they seem to be going for short comedy style DLC's.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:29 pm

a DLC similar to GTAs lost and damned and TBOGT would of been amazing. there's so many stories they could tell making you a full fledged cop or triad or even some random hitman but instead they give us poorly made 2 hour long dlcs or races which really aren't that interesting in the game especially since there isn't any multiplayer.

that's something else the game could do with, a good multiplayer mode and a first person driving view.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:56 pm

See i don't think it needs MP to be honest just a proper expansion pack that last around 10 hours.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:02 pm

I don't think it needs it but it would be a plus, free roam multiplayer is always a lot of fun in open world games and there isn't really much to do once you have finished the game. you can even 100% it in about 30 hours. if it had a free roam MP mode with challenges based on the leaderboards I would have probably put an extra 40-60 hours in to it.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby QWERTY » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:55 am

Dunno if anyone scoped this but a new title set in the Sleeping Dogs universe is being developed, titled "Triad Wars".

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/triad-wa ... dogs-title
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby south carmain » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:16 am

"triad wars" sounds like a facebook game title lol

still interested in it though, really enjoyed sleeping dogs even more so than GTA5
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby QWERTY » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:24 am

south carmain wrote: "triad wars" sounds like a facebook game title lol

still interested in it though, really enjoyed sleeping dogs even more so than GTA5

I'm yet to play GTA5 and won't do so until I get back from travelling so can't compare but Sleeping Dogs was a lot of fun. I'm hoping that Triad Wars will be something along the lines of creating your own character and rising through the ranks of your chosen gang, which could also translate to a multiplayer environment quite easily too. I'm definitely intrigued and will be keeping a close eye on it.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Raithos » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Yeah Sleeping Dogs is on another level when it comes to sandbox style games like it and GTA. Both are fun as hell. The main difference is GTA packs so much into their game, nothing is ever perfect (shooting, melee combat, driving, story) but there's so much there that is doesn't matter. Sleeping dogs however is a much smaller game, but everything is highly polished. The melee combat is on par with the newer Batman games, shooting mechanics are straight out of Hitman, and the driving physics are really good. Plus the detail in the city and story (although not very original) helped seal the deal. I bought it with all DLC during the Steam sale last winter for 8 bucks, and after an hour or two wished I would have gotten it on release. Even though they are so similar, it's like comparing apples and oranges for me. Both are great, but offer completely different experiences. I wish the DLC was more an expansion rather than something that could be beat in a single sitting tho
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby QWERTY » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:05 pm

It's not innovative in any way shape or form but yeah what it does it does extremely well.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Previous

Return to General Gaming