Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Persona 2 Wise Fwum Yo gwabe

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Make him buy it. Sounds like he broke it!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:51 pm

In a certain sense, he did (that's a long story). Sadly, he's with his parents now and they don't allow him to see me. You know, being gay and all that. :roll:
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby OL » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:21 am

Here's the newly-animated opening for the PSP Innocent Sin:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkQUnth9vV4[/youtube]

I like it. Better than the original opening (which wasn't bad to begin with), and definitely better than the cg style they went with for the PSP version of Persona 1's cutscenes.
And from what I'm reading, the game is apparently about 90% finished, and slated for a Winter release in Japan (meaning the western release should probably be out early/middle next year).
Really excited for this. :D
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:26 am

The new opening made the old fans go loco (just check Devil Hacker's page).

I, too, don't like it at all. Aside from the fact that it's not clicking with the game's spirit (looking more like a Death Note-style opening), it's simply not drawn as well as one would expect. I'll definitely use the option to switch back to the old anime cut-scenes if I ever get a change to play this remake.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:44 am

:roll:
Do we really need the actual Dorian here?
Can't we just implement a bot that replies to every topic with "I hate everything, even when it's related to things I like".
It really wouldn't be much different.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:54 am

I hate to say it but you're getting paranoid and you don't even know it.

I can't say that I don't like the intro to IS because you see it as a hate rampage? That's a problem with your attitude, not with mine. There's absolutely nothing wrong about me saying I don't like the intro and as an intelligent person you should understand that. I've played the original Innocent Sin for countless hours and I can say that this new intro is not blending with the game itself. Where's hate in that? If you want to see hate, then check this site: http://gemini.aerdan.org/

Some people there are actually wanting the devs to stop making games because of P1 and P2 PSP changes.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:57 am

Dorian wrote:I hate to say it...

Ain't that a surprise.

Dorian wrote:...but you're getting paranoid and you don't even know it.

Yeah, I think you're misunderstanding what the word "paranoid" means.

Dorian wrote:I can't say that I don't like the intro to IS because you see it as a hate rampage? That's a problem with your attitude, not with mine. There's absolutely nothing wrong about me saying I don't like the intro and as an intelligent person you should understand that.

Of course there's no problem with it. Normally.
This isn't even just about the IS video. I just can't even remember the last time you actually posted specifically to say something positive about anything, unprovoked. Makes me wonder why you even bother playing videogames, as you're never ecstatic or particularly excited about anything, ever. And what the hell is the point of even bothering with a medium if all you get out of it is either disappointment or lukewarm contentment?
Sounds pretty fucking depressing to me.
I'd actually really like to see you post something positive for a change. Post something about what your favorite games are. Post something about what games you're really looking forward to. Post in one of the "Favorites" topics.
I would genuinely be interested to see that.
But until then? Until that's a normal thing for you?
Nothing but ridicule over your negativity, man.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:09 am

I know what that word means and it sadly fits your current actions. Of course, I'm not using this word as a medical term. I'm just saying that you are having an unwarranted suspicion of my motives.

I actually think you don't read my posts that thoroughly and you only see what you want to see, just like that picking on the very common "I hate to say it" phrase showed. If you did, then surely you would have noticed that I've said many positive things about PDS and SNES Star Wars games recently. I actually enjoy gaming as I did never before nowadays because I have an access to more great games than I had in the past. I just don't like the style of this new IS intro and when I look at other P2 fans' reactions to it, I can see I'm not alone so it's not in any way a problem with my attitude. Some people just don't like hip hop music and new age anime cut-scenes in their 1999-jRPGs. That's all.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:37 am

Dorian wrote:I actually think you don't read my posts that thoroughly and you only see what you want to see, just like that picking on the very common "I hate to say it" phrase showed. If you did, then surely you would have noticed that I've said many positive things about PDS and SNES Star Wars games recently.

The "hate to say it" thing was obviously a joke.
And apparently you're not reading my posts very thoroughly as well. Referencing a whole grand total of two positive, unprovoked posts from 3 or 4 weeks ago isn't exactly what I was talking about. And even then, you didn't say "many" positive things about PDS and the SNES Star Wars games. You posted pictures of each, and said PDS was, I quote, "as awesome as everyone says". That sounds like a whole one thing, actually. Star Wars just happened to be there in the background.
I'm not joking at all when I say I'd like to hear more positive stuff out of you in regards to gaming. That in itself isn't a joke or ridicule in the least. I genuinely would be interested to read that kinda stuff. Start a new topic. "Dorian's Top 10 Favorite Games" or something like that.
Actually, the same would go for everyone around here, as it seems like just about everyone is miserable and "blah" here lately. I don't really get what the deal is, but it's pretty bad when I'm just about the most positive guy around.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:56 am

OL wrote:The "hate to say it" thing was obviously a joke.

Yes, it was a joke. A good one, I must say. But also a mean one and it has showed that you have a prejudice towards me. I think it's really unfair of you to think I'm a walking hate. I find many recent happenings in the gaming world to be failed ones, like the focus on motion detection. I also think that presently games are often quite crappy when compared to the last two generations. It all makes me feel irritated at times (currently it's Fable III - I'm so disappointed with this game and I didn't expect much from it in the first place considering it's a Peter "I'm a Liar" Molyneux game). But, obviously, I'm not a person who doesn't feel joy while playing the really great games, like PDS.

Like I said before, I will gladly check this remake out if I ever have the chance. But I will have to admit that my current personal problems get me down and I may not be able to write about great gaming moments now because I'm not planning to play games in the foreseeable future.
Last edited by Dorian on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Ah well. It was worth a shot.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Dorian wrote:But I will have to admit that my current personal problems get me down

But you have always been negative on evreything. Not just now.

And OL I have to say that I haven't noticed evreyone being negative around here lately. As for evreyone's top 10 games of all time we all did topics like that at the start of the year. Maybe later a best of the year may be worthwhile.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Well the top 10 thing was mostly just an idea for Dorian specifically.
As for everyone else, maybe it just seems like a sort of... greater quantity of negativity lately. There's still a lot of positivity, of course, but for some reason it doesn't feel like everyone around here is as passionate about this stuff as they were before (whereas I keep feeling even more passionate about it every day).
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:42 am

I'm passionate about Deadly Premonition. And about you. :oops:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue