Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

Postby Stocke » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:24 pm

I'm personally happy its coming out on ps3, it means not having to buy a ps4 for quite a while yet.
Persona 5 is dangerously close to a system seller for me.

Stocke has received a thanks from: OL
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yama » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Excellent news all around. I marvel every time I witness the series progressing as it has over the past few years, one of the few things in gaming that makes me legitimately happy to see. Will obviously get everything announced and am beyond excited for P5. Though it'd be nice to see a PS4 version, if it can rival Catherine's visual fidelity and art direction it won't matter. Yum.

Yama has received a thanks from: OL
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:28 pm

I much prefered the adult interactions in Catherine then I did the teenager ones in Persona 3&4. I enjoyed Persona 3&4 but Catherine just felt like it was much better written which made it more intresting when you talked to people in the bar rather then random kids at the mall. I was kinda hoping they would make Persona 5 a game with adults but never thought they would actually consider it.

Since we get everything quite a bit later from Atlus I imagine we will be getting this around Spring/Summer 2015.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:03 pm

its also a blunder that atlus has only managed one megaten game (besides P4 Arena) on the last gen systems.

edit - damn OL you on a thanks spree or something?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:37 pm

That's just how Atlus roll, though. Their PS2 games were also very late into the PS2 lifecycle. Even their Nintendo DS games were right at the end of the DS library's lifespan too. The reason people are noticing it more now is because of how long the PS3/360 generation has been.

Also, people soon forget the Trauma Centre/Team games on Wii, even though that was a long time ago and isn't MegaTen, then again, neither is Catherine.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:13 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:edit - damn OL you on a thanks spree or something?

I thank what I agree with or what makes me laugh. What other reason is there for the thank button?

OL has received a thanks from: Yama
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:08 am

OL wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:edit - damn OL you on a thanks spree or something?

I thank what I agree with or what makes me laugh. What other reason is there for the thank button?

I know I was just pokin fun at you for 3 consecutive thanks on this page, and 2 on the last page.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:00 am

Just for that, I'm not thanking your post.
Wallow in despair!
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:23 pm

</3 you wont be getting any sex tonight from me OL! HMPH! *stamps off*
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Disaster averted.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Someone on NeoGaf posted some info that they found about the game in a Japanese magazine.

Looks like Dengeki did have some sort of feature on Persona 5 after all. Not a ton of info, but they confirm that the setting of the chairs in the teaser is a highschool classroom. The theme of the game is about the emotion joy of being released after overcoming trials - hence the imagery of chairs and chains. The game will continue to be focused on school juvenile setting of the series, but the tone this time will be completely different.

They say that Persona 5 is a RPG with the message of expressing the emotional catharsis in the shout of joy made after overcoming your trials and finally being set free of your chains.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Axm, OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Some more details have leaked from the Persona magazine (only published in Japan) on Persona 5:

Most likely same as yesterday’s leaks, but here is some new info (interview with series director, Hashino):

- The game will feature “life-sized” character models in the environments to make it look more realistic.

- The high school setting is similar to P3, but the atmosphere is completely different from P3 or P4. But, he assures fans that this does not mean that the game will change in a manner that the fans cannot accept.

- After all their goal is to make Persona 5 a game, which will bring players passion, tears, laughs and satisfaction.

http://digifreaks.tumblr.com/post/68257 ... s-magazine

Character models is a big change from P3 and P4. Now it sounds like they're going for a Catherine style approach to the models. I wonder if they will continue giving us free use of the camera (P3 & P4 style), or if it will be fixed like it was with Catherine? And will they keep the cel shading and evolve it? Or have an altogether new style for us to be wowed by?

Also interesting (and exciting) that Hashino keeps reiterating that 5's atmosphere will be completely different from 3 & 4. I also recall Meguro also stating around a year or two ago that the music for 5 will be a massive change from 4's. It's been so long since an original OST came from Meguro now (Catherine's OST was mostly comprised of classical pieces remixed or rearranged; and it was great, no doubt about it). His last original score/soundtrack was Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey...almost five years ago. Really excited to see what style he goes for next, the guy sure is versatile and forever changing.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Stocke » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:12 pm

I can't wait for some images or a proper trailer. Just to get a feel for this new style.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby OL » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:34 pm

On the subject of other things SMT-related, they have this figure at a local store, and I'm not usually much of an action figure guy, but I'm damn tempted by this anyway. Absolutely loved Devil Summoner on PS2.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Henry Spencer, Yama
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming