Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:48 am

Sorry, I did read that wrong, my bad guys. I swear it said PS4 though... ah well.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ShenSun » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:29 pm

cant wait for ultimax. I still have to play Persona 3, but Persona 4 is my second favorite game of all time. Right after Shenmue of course.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Atlus Composer/Sound Director Kenichi Tsuchiya just revealed this in an interview:

Not just the games that have already been announced, but there’s also an unannounced title which surprised even me. Look forward to it!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/30/ ... velopment/

Catherine 2? A remake of a past MegaTen title? SEGA property?

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:33 pm

Personally, I'd like to see another completely separate, original SMT-related venture. By that, I mean something along the lines of Digital Devil Saga or the Raidou Kuzunoha Devil Summoner games. Be great to see them try something like those again.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu May 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Judging by Kaneko's long absence, Atlus appearing as a developer for both Xbox One and PS4, the recent trademark of a new IP which we haven't heard anything from in a long while and other long-time Atlus team members "vanishing" as well [who didn't work on either SMT 4 nor any of the recent Persona game announcements], for a similarly long time, I'd dare say they are already well on their way to making something along those lines already.

Tsuchiya could very well be talking about something that the Persona team are making, or something one of their other three teams are making, it's incredibly vague.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Stocke » Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 pm

I just realized, whatever happened to the EU release of SMT IV on 3ds? I was really looking forward to that and cant find a good reason as to why it's not been released yet.

Stocke has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue May 06, 2014 3:03 pm

SMT 3: Nocturne is officially out on the US PSN.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... 0000000000

I'm buying this so hard.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: Axm, OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Thu May 22, 2014 4:32 pm

I'm a good chunk of the way into Shin Megami Tensei IV (just got to Ikebukuro) and I have to say that I'm completely and utterly addicted. Not good not good... :lol:

It's the type of game that I put down... cause I've got shit to do... but then it just lingers in the back of my mind until I make up some sort of excuse to play just a little bit more...

Great game and I think I've fallen in love with a new series.

Thief has received a thanks from: OL
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Thu May 22, 2014 5:55 pm

It's definitely one of the highest-quality games on the 3DS, that's for sure. I think the mainline SMT titles and some of the side stuff (Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner) really deserve a lot more recognition and appreciation, but it seems like they kind of exist in the shadow of the more popular Persona series. Unfortunate, because they're all really damn good and deserve equal love.

I'm playing the original Shin Megami Tensei at the moment. It's on my phone unfortunately, but it's an absolute perfect port/emulation of the Super Famicom version anyway. Only two hours in, but it's an awesome throwback so far. I was kind of worried that the older games would be really intimidating, but I guess playing so many of the later games has prepared me for it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:15 pm

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2014/060414c.html

DDS2 coming to PSN June 10th. HOORAY! \o/
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:06 pm

So we're finally getting Shin Megami Tensei IV here in Europe. The bad news is that it's digital only after all of this ridiculously long waiting for no reason at all, thanks to Atlus USA. Why keep up waiting for over a year for this lame ass announcement. Between SMT 1 being released for iPhones only, the region locking PS3 games and really long wait for Persona Arena and now this bullshit, I'm really losing my temper with Atlus USA lately, it's like they're going out of their way to piss on the European fanbase. And since they're now owned by SEGA, there's really no excuse to not be able to release things better in Europe than before, either through SEGA Europe or through their partnership with NIS America [who released Soul Hackers and the Etrian Odyssey games for us over here and they're handling Persona Q for 3DS here too]. Or heck, Nintendo Europe, they would have done it.

Sorry, but I just had to vent about it. It's really put me off buying SMT4 now because of crap like this. I wanted a physical release for this, SMT is niche but what the hell man, their other Atlus IPs are even more niche and we got those. Just why? Makes no bloody sense to me.

For a company that used to pride itself on "caring about their fanbase" they sure are pissing away the good will they used to get.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/sh ... na-q-2014/
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:45 pm

That sucks man, it really does. The only thing worse than region locks are digital only releases. I think a lot of the troubles EU has faced with the Atlus titles were because of the financial troubles the parent company was facing. Not the region locking, but the long wait for both Arena and SMTIV, and now the digital only release of the later. NIS most likely didn't pick it up because of the whole bankruptcy thing. And now it is being published by Atlus, but I guarantee you the money covering all the fees Nintendo charges for hosting on the eShop is being paid by SEGA. So I honestly do think the situation will get better in the future, hopefully.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:11 am

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 is coming to PS2 Classics on US PSN next week.

YES! So good. Now I can actually play this game, since it never came out in EU region. Loved the rest of the Devil Summoner series and this one sounds like it really refines Raidou 1's system in really cool ways. Plus I've heard nothing but great things about the story. Think this'll be my next JRPG.

http://gematsu.com/2014/06/shin-megami- ... -next-week

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: mue 26, OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:27 am

Bout time!