Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Gingefners, The » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:30 pm

Thanks for that. You're truly a God among us mere mortals. No voice acting isn't a problem, frankly I prefer it usually with the quality of voice actors quite a few games hire. They all sound like they'll have something I'll really enjoy anyway and I'll get around to them all at some point hopefully. Still, next for me shall be Persona 3 FES.
Gingefners, The
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: with myself

Persona PSP

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:11 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Known about it for months already.
First day buy for me.
I've just been hoping that Atlus Japan will be kind enough to do the same kind of remake with both parts of Persona 2. Persona looks great, but Persona 2 has always been the real "wish I would have bought that when it first came out" game for me. And regardless of that, only one part of P2 was ever released in the US, so it'd be a real treat to get both retranslated and released here.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:17 pm

I hate myself for not sticking at P4. I just got fed up with the whole TV world but the school life was soooooooooo good.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Dorian » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:59 am

And regardless of that, only one part of P2 was ever released in the US, so it'd be a real treat to get both retranslated and released here.

Persona 2: Tsumi has a wonderful fan translation that has the blessing of ATLUS USA. It can be obtained here: http://tsumi.wordpress.com/

P2: T is the greatest jRPG I've ever played. ^^
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Persona 3 Being Ported To PSP

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:37 am

US, August 18, 2009 - Persona 3 is being given a rebirth on the PSP. This week's Famitsu offers up a first look at Persona 3 Portable, which will hit the Japanese version of the system in retail and download form on November 1.

The original Persona 3 was first released to the Japanese PS2 in July 2006. Atlus followed with an expansion called Persona 3 Fes in April 2007.

Persona 3 Portable is based around the main scenario of Persona 3 Fes, but Atlus is adding a whole lot to make this more than just a port. The biggest change appears to be the ability to select between male and female main characters. The newly added female main character offers different events and character relationships from the male character. Even the male character scenario will be seeing new elements, including visual changes to some Personas.

Other new elements include the ability to select between five difficulty levels: beginner, easy, normal, hard, and maniacs. Movement through the game world has been simplified, as you can now select a destination directly from a menu and be transported there instantly. During battle, you now have the option of directly issuing commands to all your ally characters.

November 1 is the Japanese launch date for PSP go, making Persona 3 Portable a launch title for the system. For RPG fans, Sony's portable redesign seems like it has its first must-have title!

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/101/1014865p1.html
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:16 pm

Yeah, the biggest fail ATLUS could have pulled off. If it was a new game - OK. But come on, P3 re-imagination with changed genders? Blah... I loved ATLUS but after that wave of DS craps and this... I've lost hope that they'll come to their senses.

Also, it's retarded for that heroin to have Orpheus as a starting Persona. It fits only a guy character. But what can you expect from a game that's a pathetic example of milking the cash cow?
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:53 am

Where the fuck is Persona 2?
I already have both versions of P3, I don't need another version where you can play as a girl.
Where's my fucking Persona 2?!?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:02 pm

Is P3's story as good as P4. If so I may buy this. I's just put it on easy and fly through the game as I hated the TV world and all the grinding.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:13 pm

As good? LOL

Persona 4 gameplay is far better than that of P3 but the story of P4 is crap compared to that of P3, although even P3 is merely a shadow (no pun intended) of this series' storyline epicness that Persona 1-2 are (Persona 1-2 were written by Tadashi Satomi but he left Atlus shortly after Okada, the father of SMT series).

As for P3P - it's a disgraceful attempt to milk the cash cow. Only ATLUS itself needs another P3 - they want to make money on the same game for the third time in a row. They've become greedy bastards these days. I'm a huge fan of their games but I won't touch P3P even with a stick.

EDIT: OK, boys and girls, throw your dreams away. This game is plain ugly (it doesnt' show on the movies but looking at the screens shows all...) and all of that Persona 3 charm has been killed. Just look at this crap: http://www.famitsu.com/blog/p3p/1226724_2045.html
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Graphics don't bother me so as long as story's there i'm game.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:44 am

I'd would say something along those lines (although graphics do matter if your not talking about oldschool games) if we weren't talking about a dumb-down version of a game that already have TWO versions.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:35 pm

http://www.aniplex.co.jp/persona-live/g ... index.html - footage from last year's Persona Live Music concert.

I think I've started to loose it because I actually like all this shit...

EDIT: I have two comments to the upper OL post. P3F on Hard is actually harder than SMT III, especially since SMT III don't have any real uberboss. There's one you can call uber but he's nothing compared to Elizabeth/Margarett/Satan/Hitoshura. Also, P1 is nothing like P3-4. P1-2 were made by a different, currently non-existing team (some people from it are still working at Atlus but the core members are gone) and are far more complex story-wise and far more depressing. Quite frankly, hardcore MagaTen fans consider P3-4 to be "Persona Lite".
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Dorian wrote:I think I've started to loose it because I actually like all this shit...

Dorian wrote:I actually like all this...

Dorian wrote:I actually like...

And a collective:

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Kenny » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:47 pm

lmfao
Kenny