The Last of Us *Save Glitch Fix in OP*

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: The Last Of Us

Postby Yama » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Issue one of the four issue comic series has been released. This is a direct tie in to the game.

Did a small impressions / synopsis video for those interested:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VlwNNzkvBE[/youtube]

Yama has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: The Last of Us

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:01 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7LQm3XisuA[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Riku Rose » Wed May 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Seems there is going to be single player DLC and a season pass.

The Last of Us is a universe rich in character and story with many facets that we could potentially explore for years. We’re getting started by announcing that there will be three packs of downloadable content for The Last of Us available after the game launches.

If you want to lock in all three of those DLC packs at discounted price, step up now and get our Season Pass. The Last of Us Season Pass DLC is also available for pre-order tomorrow on PlayStation Store for only €19.99 for the three DLC Packs. This is a 30% saving over the pricing of the DLC packs individually. The Season Pass will also be available at a number of local retail stores when you pick up your copy of the game. Unique to Season Pass buyers are the following day one bonuses:

Day 1 Bonuses

Increased Crafting Speed
Increased Healing Speed
9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
Grounded – exclusive 90min “Making of The Last of Us” documentary

These bonuses will help you get a head start and an edge in Joel and Ellie’s struggle to survive through the single player campaign of The Last of Us. The documentary, Grounded, is an in-depth look at the making of The Last of Us throughout its development by Area 5.

For the first time ever we’ll be offering single player DLC. The journey and cast of characters in The Last of Us lends itself to thorough narrative exploration and we’ve got more of the story to tell.

The two other DLC packs will feature multiplayer content in the form of additional multiplayer maps and other expansions. You’ll be hearing about our multiplayer over the next couple of days. It’s an experience that continues the themes, tone and tension from the single player campaign and we can’t wait to tell you more about it.

I'm not going to get the multiplayer stuff but I'd be interested in what the single player stuff is.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Wed May 29, 2013 9:07 pm

I've never understood some of the bonuses developers keep including with early copies. Is that really incentive for me to get the game immediately? So I can play it in pussy mode on day-one?
I'll never understand that.

OL has received a thanks from: Yama
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Thu May 30, 2013 10:44 am

OL wrote:I've never understood some of the bonuses developers keep including with early copies. Is that really incentive for me to get the game immediately? So I can play it in pussy mode on day-one?

That's because we're not a part of the scrubby instant gratification generation.

Yama has received a thanks from: OL
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Calshot » Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

If I'm going to play in pussy mode, I'm going to do it on my time.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:21 pm

OL wrote:I've never understood some of the bonuses developers keep including with early copies. Is that really incentive for me to get the game immediately? So I can play it in pussy mode on day-one?

I usually get games the day they come out. i mean c'mon! how the hell am i suposed to wait! however, when theres a code you get wih your pre-order to download a pack that starts you out with money already in your inventory or start the game with good weapons, i dont use it. like you said its pussy mode

Perfect_Chaos has received a thanks from: OL
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kenny » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:16 pm

These abilities should only be for multiplayer, where they'll definitely be put to better use.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:23 am

Seems this is the latest game to be getting 10's all over the place. It's already one of the top reviewed games on Metacritic. I'm not really sure what they like and dislike as I've been scrolling straight to the bottom to see the score as I don't want to know a single thing.

Can't wait.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:02 am

I couldn't take the scores seriously when i saw top marks following complaints about the AI completely ignoring the the AI partner most of the time.

Even a few videos showed bad guys running right past the girl to get to the player. Ill wait for user response because I do feel ND are in that group with R*, Bethesda and so on meaning reviewers tend to ignore things because of who made it.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:34 am

A lot of what I'm reading about this game, through plot details and gameplay technicalities remind me of The Walking Dead. Right down to the guardianship of a child. I wonder if it's' this game or season two of TWD that will receive better reception.

I think the game play mechanics in The Last of Us will probably win people over but if TWD S02 manages to actually give a true sense of choice and more brutality and a story as good as the first, it might come out the winner. Either way it's a winner for those who love survival horror that isn't just "shoot shoot, reload."
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yama » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:11 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: A lot of what I'm reading about this game, through plot details and gameplay technicalities remind me of The Walking Dead. Right down to the guardianship of a child. I wonder if it's' this game or season two of TWD that will receive better reception.

I think the game play mechanics in The Last of Us will probably win people over but if TWD S02 manages to actually give a true sense of choice and more brutality and a story as good as the first, it might come out the winner. Either way it's a winner for those who love survival horror that isn't just "shoot shoot, reload."

I've been saying that since the beginning, it's like TWD the game. I could tell from the very beginning it drew inspiration, but it was astounding just how much. It was confirmed through interviews that they were inspired by the comic book, though I see that as a good sign considering the level of emotion they are attempting to convey.

It pains me to see most level headed people sick of the zombie genre thanks to piss poor garbage that is released day in and day out, but I don't blame them. It's been so stale as of late thanks to campy and brainless attempts. I love the genre when done right, it makes for interesting set pieces and a real level of wonderment. Seeing as both Biohazard and TWD are my favorite series it's quite obvious, but again, only because they're done right (or were in regards to Biohazard). This summer is definitely bringing back quality to the genre. From the basic medium standpoint we have TWD releasing all summer at a very interesting spot, on the big screen World War Z seems promising and game wise The Last of Us already seems to be a hit. I'm happy to see the genre getting the correct kind of love from big studios, serious tone is key.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Axm » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Besides Gamespot's review discrediting it so much for enemy AI not being able to notice bodies, every other site is giving it high 9's and 10's. The game has to be something very special to receive that kind of praise. I was looking forward to it before, now i'm actually hyped. Everything about the game seems to be great. And the multiplayer actually looks really good and worth an investment.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Yama » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:45 pm

The only thing I see is GameSpot continuing with their shock factor review scores. Is it a perfect ten? Subjective. Few title are. Two points below or above the norm on just about every occasion? I couldn't care less. Still my most anticipated game this generation.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: I couldn't take the scores seriously when i saw top marks following complaints about the AI completely ignoring the the AI partner most of the time.

Even a few videos showed bad guys running right past the girl to get to the player. Ill wait for user response because I do feel ND are in that group with R*, Bethesda and so on meaning reviewers tend to ignore things because of who made it.

I see someone say it would be unfair if you as a player got punished for bad AI. I'd be pissed if I was trying to be sneaky but my partner kept getting caught blowing my cover. I can see why it would take some people out the game but I think it's something where you have to just realize it's a game.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming