The Last of Us *Save Glitch Fix in OP*

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: The Last of Us

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:55 am

Anyone picked it up yet? Had my doubts on the game and as I said I'm not getting sucked into the press hype so wanted to get views from actual gamers who have it.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby ys » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Yama wrote:
OL wrote:I've never understood some of the bonuses developers keep including with early copies. Is that really incentive for me to get the game immediately? So I can play it in pussy mode on day-one?
I'll never understand that.

That's because we're not a part of the scrubby instant gratification generation.

To the point and true.
It reminds me of someone I knew who searched for glitches on the internet as soon as he started a game. That way he could use bonus content and farm at the start of a single player game. Mostly to be able to buy as many skills from the start.
Last edited by ys on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Anyone picked it up yet? Had my doubts on the game and as I said I'm not getting sucked into the press hype so wanted to get views from actual gamers who have it.

I'm enjoying it. The first hour is basically a hand-holding tutorial which grated on me, but it soon kicks off properly. I'm playing on Hard mode to start with and the game has really put up some difficult situations so far.

I wasn't even part of the hype, I've just come back from holiday and now I've got nothing to do so I literally walked in the shop today and bought it. For me to be this involved in a game I knew nothing about is quite n achievement. Naughty Dog really are the best gaming studio bar none these pat few years.

For those of you who've ran into the autosave glitch, apparently there's a workaround by playing the game offline and using the Start menu save option.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Axm
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:22 pm

How are you playing it? Seen a few say they are trying to do stealth only for the AI to run about shooting guns blowing the gamers cover.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:27 pm

Mostly stealth. Gunplay is a little shakey to start with until you upgrade abilities such as ammo capacity and tighter gun wavering. Bullets are usually few and far between too.

The AI follows your lead, if you stealth then so will they. I accidentally fired my pistol thinking I was holding a bottle to throw to distract a Clicker, but once I fired they went guns blazing, too.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Re: The Last of Us *Save Glitch Fix in OP*

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:31 pm

Im a couple hours in and its immediately an engrossing experience. The sound design is amazing. The settings and graphics are beautiful. Voice acting is convincing. Combat is fucking brutal.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:36 am

DP bump for good reason, ND has fixed the autosave issue on the back end servers. No patch needed. Auto saves are safe while online.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Thief » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:40 am

Gah! I'm waiting for my brother to come home so we can play it... he ordered it from Amazon and his package is just sitting here. I want to open it so bad and look at the game but I shouldn't open up his mail. Blargh. :P

EDIT: Nevermind, he's here! Peace!
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:30 am

Clairification. Ive seen some talk around that people think your friendly AI will be detected by enemies, but this is infact not true. They arent detected at all until you are in combat. It's just you that is until then.

So far this is a brilliant game. Its a shame I have a life and can only play for an hour or so at a time.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:18 pm

Played a little last night but got in around 1AM so only played about an hour and played an hour today. Don't think I can judge it yet as it feels like the game hasn't really started.

Spoilers about opening:
Loved the opening where you play as his daughter. From that little part I could tell this would be an emotional game.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:23 am

Seems those with the fat PS3's are having issues

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/ ... #U40667945
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 am

Finished the main story. I've enjoyed the game so much but I need to convince myself not to go back on New Game Plus and do a huge walkthrough to collect everything. Since people are still playing the game, I won't comment on the ending. Anything I say would just get people guessing..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Synopsis of comic #2 and #3 are now up. Enjoy.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Yama has received a thanks from: Axm
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mitsuzuki » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:23 pm

I have a fatty and I applied the patch before I started playing. Finished the game a couple of weeks ago without any technical issues.

Incredible game. It stayed in my head so I needed to finish it quick. I might dive in to the hardest difficulty available in New Game Plus, as I hear there's no listening capability. Might need an extra pair of pants handy for the hotel basement scene. *shudder.*
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:37 pm

phpBB [video]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III