Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt's new project (no pun intended)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt's new project (no pun intende

Postby Haruto » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:41 pm

OL wrote: I still need to play Mankind Divided. Loved Human Revolution. Not so much interested in Detroit.
Main thing about 2077 to me, looking at it now, is that unlike so many other games that claim to be "cyberpunk"... this actually does indeed look to be cyberpunk.
I mean, the genre's name originally came from the fact that the stories tended to involve the dregs of society, the people on the lower rung... the punks. The criminals.
Shadowrun is one of the few that still gets that, and actually has you playing as those dregs.
Stuff like Deus Ex, meanwhile, always has you playing the law.
So it's good to see that a game taking its title from the name of the genre itself is actually sticking to the classic sensibility of it all. I love Deus Ex and Ghost in the Shell and all manner of stuff like that, sure, but sometimes it just makes more sense to focus on the lowlives.

I don't get the hate for Mankind Divided. While yes the story isn't as good as Human Revolution. It's still fine. The gameplay is much better. They removed the janky boss fights with the exception of one but you technically don't have to fight him but can if you wish. The only other one I know of was a side mission. MD is a gorgeous game. So few times I will play a game to completion then immediately star all over in NG+. That's just my take.

Personally I would say because of Deus Ex despite it being more Neo Noire has made me want Cyberpunk 2077 even more. It's a genre that works extremely well in first person.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt's new project (no pun intende

Postby Jesse » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Cyberpunk looks intriguing. I'm digging the mishmash of different visual styles that it's going for. Hopefully it will be out by 2021. Glad to finally get a grasp on what this game is going for.
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Previous

Return to General Gaming