THQ UPDATE Assets to be Sold 'Title by Title' on January 22

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: THQ files for Bankruptcy

Postby Spokane » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:02 pm

Yeah, but I started doing that the day I beat Shenmue 2. To be honest I never really noticed a cliffhanger or much of one. Not any where near Shenmue caliber for sure.

I figured there was one there but my mind didn't really grab onto it. It will probably rear its ugly head next time I play DS2 though and I will notice it more.

And I didn't know a Saints Row 4 was coming out. Not played any of those but just thought that was a surprise.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Spokane wrote: Yeah, but I started doing that the day I beat Shenmue 2. To be honest I never really noticed a cliffhanger or much of one. Not any where near Shenmue caliber for sure.

I figured there was one there but my mind didn't really grab onto it. It will probably rear its ugly head next time I play DS2 though and I will notice it more.

And I didn't know a Saints Row 4 was coming out. Not played any of those but just thought that was a surprise.

I'm actually pretty happy they confirmed Saints Row 4, i think it'll get walloped by GTAV but it'd be cool if it did well.

as for DS

The apocalypse is supposed to happen. At the same time Death jumps into the well of souls War breaks the seal, and his comet is seen falling to earth so he must have "survived".

its funny DS 1 is the real cliffhanger.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Spokane » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 pm

^ Oh yeah, I got the DS1 one right away, its why I wanted DS2 so much.
Seeing the other 3 horsemen falling down just as the game ends including the purple streak of Death.

Spokane has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 pm

I don't think they intended it to be a series. Just kinda hoped it did but if not DS1 ends on what can either be a cliff hanger or a finale as you know what's to come.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:44 am

Following the unfortunate chain of events which saw THQ file for bankruptcy yesterday, some of the games which the publisher has been working on has been revealed.

Of it's four studios new information suggests that Vigil Games, developer of Darksiders, is working on a game known as Crawler (Darksiders 3), while Left4Dead developer Turtle Rock is currently deep in development of a multiplayer shooter to be known as Evolve.

THQ Montreal and Patrice D'silets (of Assassin's Creed development fame) are currently working on a title known as 1666, which is rumoured to be set in London around the time of the great fire.

Finally Company of Heroes maker Relic Entertainment is working on a title known as Atlus, although there's not much else known about this.

Obviously other titles which are known about are still in development, these include Saint's Row 4, Company of Heroes 2, Homefront 2, South Park and Metro Last Light.

It seems like all of the above games are still currently in development and will still arrive at some point in the future. Although this all depends on whether anyone else bids for THQ.

http://www.shopto.net/news/41577/THQs-u ... s-revealed
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:09 pm

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=193194

It's chapter 11 which means they actually should be ok. They have a buyer/investor so they can operate under chapter 11. Full interview and details in the link. So we may still see Darksiders III and other games with no real issue. So THQ is still in business. As they said companies file for chapter 11 often lke MGM (Skyfall,Hobbit) Marvel,Genral Motors,Macy's and more.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:22 pm

The riddle here is not why THQ has gone bankrupt but rather why they went bankrupt NOW. In the early 90s they published so many trashy movie adaption titles that everyone would have asumed they went bankrupt because they published so much trash. But in the past decade they had quite a lot of good titles in their portfolio.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Master Kyodai wrote: The riddle here is not why THQ has gone bankrupt but rather why they went bankrupt NOW. In the early 90s they published so many trashy movie adaption titles that everyone would have asumed they went bankrupt because they published so much trash. But in the past decade they had quite a lot of good titles in their portfolio.

I think they enjoy a decent amount of success but their games are too high budget to profit from that success
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Master Kyodai wrote: The riddle here is not why THQ has gone bankrupt but rather why they went bankrupt NOW. In the early 90s they published so many trashy movie adaption titles that everyone would have asumed they went bankrupt because they published so much trash. But in the past decade they had quite a lot of good titles in their portfolio.

You answered your own question. Licensed stuff is quick money. It's just ironic when they switched to good games they have money issues.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:21 pm

If any company takes over THQ it should be Take Two or WB Games IMO. MS, Nintendo, Sony, EA and Activision should all be kept away.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:26 pm

^ I totally agree with you there actually. Keep it out of the hands of a company that would only cater to their system and out of the hands that turn companies into crap.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: If any company takes over THQ it should be Take Two or WB Games IMO. MS, Nintendo, Sony, EA and Activision should all be kept away.

That would mean opening a new office here which I'm all for.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Yeah none of their titles should go single platform and EA and Acti would milk and shut down all studios within a few years.

Epic would be another possible buyer but I'm not sure they would be a good pick in the long run.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:04 pm

They aren't rish enough to be honest, they're bnig enough to own a few other studios but the take two family is pretty massive. It'd be interesting having R*, Avalanche and THQ a few blocks from each other.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Ubisoft are said to be coming in with an offer.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming