Tales Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Tales Series

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:56 am

OL wrote: It's pronounced "Zillia." They say it in the Japanese trailers and whatnot, and that's how it sounds (well, more like "shillia," but that's just an accent issue). The IGN guy is just a dummy (surprise!).

EDIT: Of course, just to be fair, he does say "Zillia" when he shows the cd, then corrects himself and says "ex-illia."
So maybe he thought it was Zillia initially, but the Namco translators screwed it up or something. Hard to say until we actually get it.

I posted a video on the last page shown below in spoilers, its a E3 video and a guy from namco was there showing the game and he pronounces it ex-illia, thats why I am like... wtf? but x makes a z sound when its used like that. I have been saying zillia idk

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
phpBB [video]

edit - wait scratch that lets just call it cross-illia instead

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:44 am

Do my best to get Vesperia next month. I played the demo earlier this month and liked it and saw a review of it last night that got me even more interested. Was a bit surprised as it did not give off that "Tales ugh feel" I normally get when watching or playing. If this goes well then with some patience end up with Xillia at some point. :)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:01 pm

From what I have played of Eternia, I like it. Its has a bit of cutesy anime scenerios and conversations but I dont mind it at all, but some parts are like "wtf..." like the very beginning: boy and girl are standing on platform looking at the sky talking about what if the gods came down to the planet, and sure enough a few minutes later a space pod hits earth and the girl mindlessly starts running towards the crash while the guy is declaring its too dangerous, who inevitably has to run after her. Oh and also how the girl in the pod immediately latches on to the guy character and wont go anywhere without him, and then hes clueless about what to do... (the answer being hit both girls at the same time, if possible... so hopefully that happens later). I dont mind the anime humor in small doses, but I have heard some of the Tales games are ridden with it to the point its over kill.

The graphics have a very Suikoden II/Xenogears/Star Ocean PSP look to them with the whole 2d sprite character models, another really awesome thing Eternia has going for it, the old school PSX era world map proper (thats mainly what reminded me of Star Ocean PSP). So yeah it has the formula to be a classic game and now I am really wishing I hadnt gotten rid of my Tales of Destiny 2 on PSX (the psx version), it has doubled in value since I got rid of it about 4 or 5 years ago :( it worth about $150 now and mine was in prestine condition too. Ah well, atleast I get to play it now.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:32 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I posted a video on the last page shown below in spoilers, its a E3 video and a guy from namco was there showing the game and he pronounces it ex-illia, thats why I am like... wtf? but x makes a z sound when its used like that. I have been saying zillia idk

I'm just gonna keep saying Zillia either way. That's how the Japanese devs pronounce it, so that's what I figure it is. I hate when localization teams take weird liberties like that.

Ryudo wrote: Do my best to get Vesperia next month. I played the demo earlier this month and liked it and saw a review of it last night that got me even more interested. Was a bit surprised as it did not give off that "Tales ugh feel" I normally get when watching or playing. If this goes well then with some patience end up with Xillia at some point. :)

I still don't think you'll like it much in the end. There really isn't much that separates it, tonally, from the other Tales games you hate so much.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:46 am

phpBB [video]

Cant wait till it gets here.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:52 am

Apparently my stuff shipped, but 'll be gone all day tomorrow so my sister is going to be on watch for it. My bet is by the time I get back from interviews/demoing she'll be like 7 hours in and refuse to hand it over.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby OL » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Damn, this snuck up on me a bit. I want to get to the game as soon as possible, but there's other stuff spinning in my consoles at the moment too. Plus, y'know... big giant Tales RPG's require a huge chunk of time.
It may have to be one that I slowly whittle away at over a month or two.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:04 pm

My Amazon order has said "shippping now" for over 24 hours... im starting to get nervous about it. I swear to god if they ship me a Limited Edition im going to be pissed, it seems like that mistake could easily be made with having a CE and a LE version of the game. Please just get here quickly...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Nah, don't get nervous. When I ordered my new capture device (the box for which I'd imagine is about the same size as the Tales collector's edition), I had the same problem. It said "shipping now" for a few days, actually, and then when it was reaching the last projected day of delivery... it finally shipped (presumably overnight) and I got it on that exact day. I'm expecting it to be the same case with this (especially since I chose the free shipping option; it probably ain't an immediate priority for them because of that).
So no reason to get nervous. It's Amazon. They almost never fuck these things up (in my experience at least). And they surely won't send the wrong one, since they don't handle these things based on the title on the box, but rather the UPC number.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:07 pm

yeah but did you pre-order your capture device and bought it on launch? Thats the main thing thats making me nervous, and just have a look at the ebay prices for it already, ridiculous. I dont wanna get screwed again...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Eh, even if it is at launch, it's going through Amazon, not some shipping company with a crappy track record, like the Wizard's Edition was handled under. I think you're safe.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Stocke » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Just per-ordered my copy today. Really cant wait to play it in a few days.

My only regret is not being able to afford the limited edition version :sad: ahh well.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:09 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: yeah but did you pre-order your capture device and bought it on launch? Thats the main thing thats making me nervous, and just have a look at the ebay prices for it already, ridiculous. I dont wanna get screwed again...

I preordered Dragons Crown on Vita in November last year. It has been showing shipping now for 2 days. Happens often for me when I pre-order on amazon and other times I got it the day of release. Amazon is just funny like that.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:55 pm

The main concern is that I hope those bastards at namco sent amazon the right stock. Also doesnt help that my delivery window is between this up coming monday and friday :/ It had better be here by this weekend damn it! They atelast HAVE to ship it out today, the day of release. Absolutely ridiculous and un-acceptable to not ship it today, if I pre-orderedd it. And it still hasnt... but sadly they dont care about that, they only care if it gets here between the shipping window, and im sure there are over night orders that will ship first for the people that ordered rush delivery, seems like pre-ordering is the only time amazon kind of screws you over if you chose supersaver shipping (on regular orders with supersaver its always shipped out the next day). idk its bullshit, they should all ship at the same time, or again, atleast in the same day. Probably wont go through amazon to pre-order shit again if its gonna be like this... I was lucky to get a pre-order at all I suppose. We'll see what happens, I sure as hell dont trust it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:29 am

got mine, have too much work to do before i can play it, will likely remain sealed for a few days.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming