Tales Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Tales Series

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Finally got my conformation email this morning it was in kentucky, and its already in Atlanta, should get it tomorrow or the next day. So I guess maybe i over reacted a bit... BUT I get to play Tales all weekend now.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:48 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Finally got my conformation email this morning it was in kentucky, and its already in Atlanta, should get it tomorrow or the next day. So I guess maybe i over reacted a bit... BUT I get to play Tales all weekend now.

You're lucky. I ordered from two places months ago, Namco and Newegg. both are still showing pending, even though Namco is showing it IN STOCK for ordering, my order has not shipped. Neither place can give me a straight answer, and first time having trouble with either place. Oh well, it will sort itself out. If not I might be forced the eBay route. I can't wait to play it tho, and I won't be happy until that CE is next to my Wizard's Edition lol
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Yama » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Picking up my LE today, stoked. Haven't missed a Tales release ever, so felt kind of salty waiting on a localized version of Xillia when the second installment already hit over in Japan... but now, today, it'll all be worth it. :D :heart:

Yama has received a thanks from: OL
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Axm » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:32 pm

I will get this game when I have the time to dedicate towards it. Dont want it to end up in the backlog black hole.

Axm has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Axm wrote:I will get this game when I have the time to dedicate towards it. Dont want it to end up in the backlog black hole.

I honestly cant even remember how big my backlog is, but its huge, from where I sit I see 2 unopened games DQ5 for DS, and Star Ocean 4 International for PS3. I will eventually get to them, but I atleast want a 3ds xl before i play DQ5 cause I know its gonna look wonderful on that thing.

On Topic: My CE should be here tomorrow. Hello weekend of Xillia :)

I am not sure why I am so hyped for this game, I just really like what I have seen from the trailers, and the gameplay/interview videos of the english localization. The story seems like it will be interesting, judging from part of that story trailer posted much earlier in this topic, the anime cut scenes obviously would appeal to me, and I love them. Something about Xillia is almost giving me a suikoden vibe but alot more colorful kind of like how Xenoblade was and I guess that much combination of goodness shot up a wild hair that maybe I might just love this game.

I also want to touch on something else regarding the naming of this series. I like how each game has a different name Tales of "something", instead of the boring "whatever name I II III IV V VI VII etc etc". Also I find it acceptable to actually MAKE a Xillia 2 with this setup unlike Final Fantasy, just because its weird saying "whatever number 2" like X-2, XIII-2 idk its just weird to look at and say, ya know? and I like how those problems arent there with the Tales series even though each game is its own stand alone game in the same vein as FF would be.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:50 am

I'm actually really surprised that so many here are so hyped for this game. I knew me and Segata would be, but otherwise I thought the series was either looked down upon, or was just semi-fondly remembered for Symphonia.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:42 am

I just never got into Tales of Destiny 1 and 2 when I had them on PSX, and I wasnt really all that fond of symphonia when i originally played it. I will say this now that I actually gave Tales of Eternia a chance, im liking it alot, it seems like a classic old school PSX JRPG.

Also looks like my Xillia wont be here till tomorrow, but thats ok cause I can run the rest of my errands today.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:43 pm

As I was telling South Carmain yesterday, I'm thinking of getting this as I'm in the mood for a proper RPG. But I'm annoyed I don't have a 360, as I'd prefer to play Vesperia, as everyone seems to agree that Vesperia is easily the best Tales game this gen.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:49 pm

^Try Eternal Sonata. Very good RPG and similar to Tales. On both PS3 and 360.If you have to have a Tales game then there is Tales of Graces F
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:54 pm

mue 26 wrote: As I was telling South Carmain yesterday, I'm thinking of getting this as I'm in the mood for a proper RPG. But I'm annoyed I don't have a 360, as I'd prefer to play Vesperia, as everyone seems to agree that Vesperia is easily the best Tales game this gen.

Thats not really a compliment but yea it is.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Yama
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby mue 26 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:59 pm

I like the look of the dog :cry: Wish Xillia had a dog.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Everygame should have a dog.

My next game after Beatdown City has a dog.

but yea Repede is awesome and so is his owner. Too bad the ps3 version never made it out here, I think a lot of people would have double dipped, or be more interested.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: mue 26, OL
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby mue 26 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:11 pm

Yes. every game with a dog is a must buy for me! Maybe except Nintendogs. And yes, I'm gutted the PS3 version didn't come out. Damn you Namco!
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:13 pm

mue 26 wrote: Yes. every game with a dog is a must buy for me! Maybe except Nintendogs. And yes, I'm gutted the PS3 version didn't come out. Damn you Namco!

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby mue 26 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:20 pm

Always wanted to play that.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming