Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Axm » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:27 am

Grats on the PS4 AG!!!!

Just got my 3rd Whats Shenmue... lol when its 300 yen you cant just pass it up no matter how many you already have.

Axm has received 3 thanks from: Cave Johnson, OL, Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby lavrentis » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:50 pm

So who wants to get their arse kicked ?

lavrentis has received a thanks from: Raithos
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby lavrentis » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:11 pm

i have bought it because WE WILL GET SHENMUE 3 FOR PS4
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Martin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:00 pm

So, I gots my N64 games! I won't bore with a massive post. In short, the condition on Doom 64 and Quake 64 is immaculate (they even came in little Perspex cases!). The condition on TWINE and Diddy is OK, and exactly as listed. They all work, which is the main thing.

Doom 64: I must say, I didn't give this game a fair shake of the stick back in the day. GoldenEye just seemed so cutting-edge, and this so old-hat. Now GoldenEye is old hat as well, Doom 64 can be judged on it's own merits. I'm a few stages in, and I must say it's an amazing rendition of the classic Doom gameplay. I can see why Doom fans love it so much.

Quake 64: I'm also a few stages in with this. What can I say? It's Quake, and it's a really good port. Better than the Saturn port by a country mile, in terms of playability. Nice and fast. I'll always prefer the gothic themed enemies and locales in this Quake than all the others with their cyborg Strogg nonsense. Difficult as fuck, though.

TWINE: My memory served me well. It's a great game. Not ground-breaking like GoldenEye, but you can't expect that to happen twice in one generation. A solid Bond game overall. If you love GoldenEye but never played this - play it!

DKR: Done a few races and such. I suppose I've not played nearly enough of it to properly comment on it, but I don't personally see what all the fuss is about. The menu music is so cheesy it can just fuck off, and while the racing is good - I'm not seeing a Mario Kart-beater, here. Time will tell. It certainly seems to have a more in-depth single-player mode.

Axm wrote: Grats on the PS4 AG!!!!

Just got my 3rd Whats Shenmue... lol when its 300 yen you cant just pass it up no matter how many you already have.

Each to their own and all, but I think you having three of them is somewhat excessive lol. There might be two people out there struggling to get one! Peace :heart:
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Axm » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:08 pm

Haha I see Shenmue games all the time here. If anyone needs to be hooked up with something not too terribly rare then let me know.

Axm has received a thanks from: Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby DL30 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:38 pm

^Axm have you seen any *Sealed* (Dorikore)Shenmue 2's?

DL30
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Raithos » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:35 pm

OL wrote:That's the thing that lets you play Vita games on a tv, right? Or am I mistaking it for something else?
Let me know how it works for ya.

All the games I've tested work flawlessly. For $50 it was a steal. Freedom Wars play fine on the Vita but its so much better with a controller. For everything it comes with its more than worth the price. Don't pay retail for it though, I see it on sale for 60-70 all the time. I just happened to be looking for a DS3 when I saw the deal pop up on Amazon

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby OL » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Nice. Yeah, I'll stay on the lookout for it.
Unfortunate that it apparently can't play touchscreen/motion-reliant games; if it were compatible with Gravity Rush, I'd have gotten one long ago. But I've got other stuff on Vita now that I'd probably stand a better chance of finishing if I could play it on a tv, so I'll keep an eye out. Be nice to actually finish Persona 4 one day, and doing so with the Golden version would be all the better.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:17 pm

They've patched a lot of them, there's only a few that don't work now. Sad GR is one of them though. I thinks it cool to be able to take the Vita on the go, then come home and swap the cards to the PSTV and pick up where you left off. I'm really hoping HtoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary will work with it when it arrives.

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:44 pm

Shoot, y'know, I almost forgot all about that game. Hadn't preordered yet, so I just did. Thanks for the reminder.

Always looked like a Japanese version of A Boy and His Blob to me. Which is a very good thing.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:42 am

DL30 wrote:^Axm have you seen any *Sealed* (Dorikore)Shenmue 2's?

No but ive seen a fair bit of S2 NTSC-J LE's. Think ill pick up another of those next time.

Axm has received a thanks from: DL30
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:28 am

Heh, What's Shenmue and S2 LE are the only two I don't have. I've got all the other NTSC-J releases but those. Just never got around to getting them for some reason. How much are the S2 LE's over there? Do you find ones in pretty good shape?
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:18 am

Just got all 5 telltale games for the PS4 for $45!

The Waling Dead Season 1
The Walking Dead Season 2
The Wolf Amoung Us
Tales from the Boarderlands
Game of Thrones

8)

Raithos wrote: Heh, What's Shenmue and S2 LE are the only two I don't have. I've got all the other NTSC-J releases but those. Just never got around to getting them for some reason. How much are the S2 LE's over there? Do you find ones in pretty good shape?

Its not that expensive. I should be able to check it out in the next couple weeks and ill get back to you.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:18 pm

This finally came out in English! Just the other day.
Only took them three frickin' years.
I had been tempted to get the Japanese version for a while, but I'm glad I held off. Gonna be great to be able to actually read all the little bits of commentary for all the artwork, along with the interviews at the end.
And y'know, might be a totally moot gesture by this point, but anything I can do to show that there's still some demand for this franchise. Along with the DLC the game tells a pretty complete story on its own, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a sequel, or even just a spiritual successor (something by Cyberconnect with the same style and formula would be fine by me).

OL has received 2 thanks from: KX-5, Raithos
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:56 am

Needed to stretch my legs so walked to the mail box and found this. I love pre-ordering and forgetting about it. New platformer for DC.

Raithos has received 3 thanks from: Axm, OL, Rakim
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming