Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby DEVILLE_David » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Can't wait for Dark Souls III !
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Sonikku » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Greatness awaits.

Thanks for the discount, Target! :devillaugh:

Sonikku has received 4 thanks from: Axm, OL, Raithos, St. Elmo's Fire
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:43 pm

Damn, best price I've ever seen for one. Nice maneuvering there.

EDIT: On a slightly related note, I played a match in Warframe the other day with someone called Sonikku.

Guess it's safe to say that wasn't you. :lol:

OL has received a thanks from: Sonikku
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Funny thing is I could have saved even more if I had been more fortunate. Missed out on the 10% wishlist code because the promotion requires the damn target app that requires android 4.4 and my cheapo could only run 4.3. I could have saved another 5% on top of that as well, had my Redcard cleared a single day sooner. (it was wait one more day for the 5% redcard to be approved or buy immediately with the expiring 10% off all electronics code) And they even had a $5 off $50+ coupon code that stacks with everything I was not even aware about at the time.

Probably could have got it under $200 if all the stars lined up. Despite this, and despite personally wanting the limited edition Vader variant the most, I'm happy. I don't have a lot of cash to blow on video games these days so coupon stacking is about the only way I could pull off a next gen console. The Target method is an even hotter deal than the black friday deals at this rate because it works on any system or bundle, not just the uncharted bundle. I'm confident I paid about what Battlefront is worth.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:13 am

Got roped into some early Black Friday shopping with my mom. Picked these up for $12 a piece.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:35 am

Thanks, Black Friday. I am now dead broke.

Sonikku has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Monkei, Raithos
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:45 am

Nice. All great games you'll spend forever with.
I just got Witcher 3 aswell.

Axm has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:42 pm

ImageImage

First three were off of the Steam sale.
Always wanted to finish Crysis. Hadn't touched the sequels because I never got to the end of the first (and after six or seven years, my PC still isn't good enough to smoothly run it at full spec :lol: )
Would have loved it if Falcom would have made a console or handheld port of Ys Origin (and an inevitable physical copy thanks to Xseed), but digital is the only way to get it, so here I am.
And I always wanted to play Black Mesa. Pretty much just a big remake of the original Half-Life with Half-Life 2 graphics and some extra optimization. Really great so far, though I hear it's kind of far from finished, even after so many years in development (it's very much a fan project, and I think they kind of drop in and out of working on it).

Malicious Rebirth wasn't technically on sale. But I thought of it the other day, how I never got to finish the original on PS3 while I still had PS+ (where I'd gotten it for free once), and thought I'd look it up. Turned out to be only 9.99, regular price, down from whatever it used to be (I think maybe 29.99?). So that was an easy decision. Also got 10% off since PSN has a promo code going for the weekend. Just a dollar, but hey, discounts.

Probably gonna get more off Steam. All the Ys games are half off it seems like, and there's some other stuff I've always wanted to try as well.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:59 pm

This just came through my letterbox sometime today (I dunno, I'm at work so much these days, sigh).

Or as it is known in another reality where it did come out in the UK:

Looking forward to diving in to this once I finish up Project Zero/Fatal Frame 2 Remake on the Wii. It's been a long time since I've played a Goichi Suda game too (this is the last game which he Directed as well as the co-writer; series creator Makoto Shibata also co-directed and was co-writer for this game, so I'm looking forward to double the creepiness in this game, since when they both are at their A-game, they're a couple of my favourite writers in gaming, full stop). Still got Spirit Camera for 3DS to get at some point too.

Also bought Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS) on the Wii U eShop, having fun with that, since you can use the Wii U pad like the DS, basically. It's a shame since I suck at finishing Zelda games nowadays, but I will try to push my way through this once, since it's really fun so far.

Also picked up Freedom Planet on Wii U since I want to support these awesome 16 bit platformers, will play that at some point too.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Took advantage of some of the PSN black friday deals.

Riku Rose has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Monkei, Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Its $20 all over the place btw.

AnimeGamer183 has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Monkei, Raithos, Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:44 pm

UGHHHHHHH!! GOD DAMNIT MOTHER f@#$% BLACK FRIDAY!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Monkei
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:28 am

Nice @ Riku & Sonikku

Riku, what about Minecraft: Story Mode? Are you playing it?
I finished all of those series, otherwise € 30 for all of them would have been such an incredible and amazing deal for me. I'm skipping Back to the Future for now though, might get that sometime later or not at all.

Couldn't escape the black friday PSN deals either..

I'm actually not really a Mortal Kombat guy, but my less hardcore gaming friends prefer it to stuff like Dead or Alive, so I thought it might be cool to have it around for those cozy wine, weed and PlayStation evenings.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Monkei wrote:Riku, what about Minecraft: Story Mode? Are you playing it?
I finished all of those series, otherwise € 30 for all of them would have been such an incredible and amazing deal for me. I'm skipping Back to the Future for now though, might get that sometime later or not at all.

I've actually not paid any attention to it simply because I have never played Minecraft. I see the trailer and thought it looked good and very similar to what the Lego Movie was but the fact I haven't played it still kept me away. I haven't actually played Tales from the Boarderlands yet because I've never played the games.

I love the Back to the Future films but haven't played the game so I might do that quite soon. I'm thinking of replaying The Walking Dead though since the Michonne season will be out soon and then I can have my save carry over on the PS4 and not have to keep plugging in my 360.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Sonikku » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:23 pm

Looks like we all decided to get The Witcher all at once. :lol: We'll have to talk about our collective experiences as we all work through it together.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming