Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby BlueMue » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:09 am

Just got a hold of the Get Bass Fishing Controller Box that was the last missing piece in my DC collection.
So I just use the opportunity here to show off my now complete Dreamcast PAL collection. 8)

BlueMue has received 5 thanks from: Axm, Deta, lavrentis, Oppy, Rakim
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Rakim » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:47 am

wow. If you had pizza rolls and a case of coke this would be the best sleepover evar.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:12 am

Traded in all my boxed games for PSN credit vouchers and bought this with it. Four-player splitscreen Sabotage games are so much fun!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Hes got to be trolling...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby BigTuna » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:09 pm

Motherfuck.. I really gotta post a pic for a response? That's bullshit.

BigTuna has received a thanks from: Cave Johnson
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Postby Axm » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:02 am

BlueMue wrote:Just got a hold of the Get Bass Fishing Controller Box that was the last missing piece in my DC collection.
So I just use the opportunity here to show off my now complete Dreamcast PAL collection. 8)

Holy fuck man thats mint! :D
You win the Internet!
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:21 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Hes got to be trolling...

For context it was two PS2 games, Yakuza Dead Souls and an old FIFA game.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:04 am

BigTuna wrote: About a week or so ago I picked a Sega Saturn. It's my first time ever owning one and it is absolutely beautiful. But it's damn near impossible to find games for it where I live. I'm determined to hunt though. So far all I got is Tomb Raider and Virtua Fighter 2. I'm curious though.. I may pick up a ram pak soon(the shop in my town has a vast majority of Japanese Saturn games). But I'm not 100% sure if doing that really does allow me to play Japanese imports on my system? Anyone here have any experience with this? Like I said. I am completely new to this system. So any info or recommendations would totally help!

They're all mostly expensive -- but I'd recommend you get Burning Rangers, NiGHTs into Dreams, Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Astal, Clockwork Knight, Clockwork Knight 2, and other stuff I guess...

There are more but those are the only one's I really care about (and thus the only one's I feel like I can recommend) There certainly is more though -- depending on your tastes.

I'd recommend going here:

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega-sat ... ners-guide
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:39 am

Legend of Oasis, Gungriffon, and Gungriffon II (import) are the only Saturn games I've gotten so far. Been meaning to get more.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Unfortunately, a lot of the better titles tend to be on the expensive side. I second Gungriffon. That's a must. One of the best RPG's from that era, on any console, is Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean. Its fairly pricey but has a great story, awesome characters and a pretty sweet soundtrack. On the cheaper side, and more easily found, both Sega Rally and Daytona USA were good for their time and a lot of fun. If you want to blow stuff up Soviet Strike is awesome.

BigTuna wrote:Motherfuck.. I really gotta post a pic for a response? That's bullshit.

That's pretty lame though Tuna. On any forum, you will have posts from time to time that get overlooked for one reason or another. Don't get mad like people are ignoring you or something, it just happens.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Raithos » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:16 pm

Sorry for the double post. Man I didn't realize the bundle came with the game on disc, figured it would be a DLC code. Going to sell the reg one and put that money towards a headset. The console is gorgeous.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Axm
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:29 pm

im still hoping at some point I can get my hands on one of those white consoles, even though im not interested in the game. Im hoping that black friday this year will bring the prices down on that particular bundle and maybe I can get my hands on one. Im worried how long they will really be available though, if I wait too long I might miss my opportunity with either just not being able to find one, or having to pay out the ass for one later.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Steelbook edition. I also bought a DLC voucher separately on eBay.

Kenny has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Oppy, Raithos
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:42 pm

Aksys just announced this, after making me think for the past couple months that they weren't going to put out an LE.
Reasonably-priced too. Y'know, for an LE.

Unfortunately they don't have a picture of it yet, but the extras sound good anyway.
* “The Backyard” – The outer box for the Limited Edition features a replica of “The Backyard” complete with gears and high-quality binding. Dare to open the book to uncover all the goodies!
* Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Soundtrack – The Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- soundtrack is filled with the hard rocking tunes that the series is known for, arranged by Guilty Gear series creator, Daisuke Ishiwatari, himself!
* Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Character Book – What limited edition is without its art book? The Character Book features a profile for each character from Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, as well as those from Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus and Guilty Gear 2 Overture, and a glossary of terms; a complete character history for those who have some catching up to do!
* Sol Badguy “Free” Keychain – Inscribed with the word “FREE,” this metal keychain is a scaled replica of the original belt buckle worn by Sol! Add it to your keys to show off something truly unique!

Artbook? Soundtrack (a must for this series)? A keychain that looks like Sol Badguy's belt buckle?
That's all pretty groovy.
I'm sold. Pre-ordered.
I just hope the soundtrack is "full," and not just one of these lame "selected tracks" kinda things that get included every now and then.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:19 am

BlueMue wrote: Just got a hold of the Get Bass Fishing Controller Box that was the last missing piece in my DC collection.

I'm not worthy. =D>

Besides Yakuza Zero, is there any big SEGA title coming to PS4? I feel like not having PSO2 as a free to play on PS4 is a crime.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming