Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Calshot » Sun May 29, 2016 11:26 pm

Paid around 3.50 for it in the most recent Deep Silver Humble Bundle.

Also got the other games in the bundle, but Killer is Dead is the only one I really wanted.

Calshot has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:40 am

Was in one of those portable gaming moods this morning and had to buy something.

*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby OL » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:04 pm

OL has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:15 am

Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:06 am

Calshot wrote: Image
Paid around 3.50 for it in the most recent Deep Silver Humble Bundle.

Also got the other games in the bundle, but Killer is Dead is the only one I really wanted.

Beat this a few months back. Very interesting game.

OL wrote:Image

I really want this, but I keep seeing very mixed reviews. I loved the first one so I can't imagine not liking this one.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:47 am

south carmain has received 3 thanks from: Henry Spencer, myshtuff, Sonikku
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby OL » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:35 pm

myshtuff wrote:I really want this, but I keep seeing very mixed reviews. I loved the first one so I can't imagine not liking this one.

If you loved the first, I'd wager a guess and say you won't like this one. I'm bonkers for the first game, but Catalyst doesn't live up to its legacy in the slightest. It feels like the devs just didn't care much about it in the end. Total shock to me.

ANYWAY, I just saw this pop up on PSN. Had to buy it immediately. One of my favorite horror franchises ever, and hey, anything to keep supporting Keiichiro Toyama games.

These PS2 games for PS4 just kind of appear without any announcement beforehand, so you have to keep checking to see what they end up putting on there. Already bought Bully and Manhunt a while back, and I see Psychonauts and Wild Arms 3 are also on there. Here's hoping Haunting Ground, Urban Reign, and Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams end up on there. Some of the prettiest games on the PS2, and seeing them prettied up even further for PS4 would be amazing.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:06 pm

GOG.com has an insane sale going on where games like 1 quid, or 2 quid. From the sale I got:

Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon
Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
Fallout 2
Atlantis: Lost Tales
Deus Ex GOTY
and
Shadowgate Special Edition

All for under £12! Unbelievable. And aside from Deus Ex (which I last played over a decade ago), never played any of them before either, always been very interested in all of them though. Love detective adventure games (Tex Murphy and Gabriel Knight 2), love post apocalyptic settings (Fallout 2), love mysterious and creepy atmospheres in fictional countries (Atlantis, Shadowgate), love cyberpunk (Deus Ex) and one of my biggest guilty pleasures is FMV games (Tex Murphy, Gabriel Knight 2), so these are good buys for me. Not played any games on a computer in a loooong time since I've been a Mac owner for so long but these are all Mac compatible games, so ready and raring to go with these. About to finish off a couple of my games on my PS2 backlog so it's a good time for me to play these now. Dunno which to play first, choices, choices.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Mr357
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Monkei » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:40 pm

Heaven help me, with less than a year to go until NX and with this thing on life support with no price cuts to speak of I bought a Wii U.

I have a bunch of games for it already I got for peanuts from the humble bundle a month back. (That I got chiefly for the 3DS games but the Wii U titles were pure gravy) Despite every fiber of my being telling me I'm crazy buying a Wii U this late in the game I can honestly say I'm having so much fun playing a Nintendo title online for the first time (Mario Kart) that I don't regret the purchase a bit. I love that the online is free as well because I don't get the itch to play online every night, but when I do it's nice knowing I don't have to pay for a commitment seemingly obligating me to get my money's worth.

Then there's Freedom Planet, a game that came with the humble bundle that is perhaps the most fun I've had in a side scroller since Sonic 3! It's similar to Sonic in every way sans for the lack of suckage. I have yet to play a Dark Siders game but getting the 2nd one as a free extra is nothing to complain about and I look forward to sampling it. I recall Ryudo being a big fan of this one so I'm sure it's special. I also downloaded a demo of Bayonetta 2. It's an excellent title from the looks of things and is a game you can't get anywhere else. I look forward to buying it down the line.

Finally, I've had Twilight Princess HD with amibo sitting on my desk for some time now that I'll finally get to enjoy. In hindsight I should have accepted Hellraiser's offer of sending me his copy for Gamecube after he finished it a decade ago, but at the time I opted to delay gratification to play it on the Wii that had widescreen support. Three years later I still couldn't find the system in stores and eventually lost interest. :sad: Now though I've been given a second chance for what is clearly the definitive version of the title. I can't wait. :D

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Raithos
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Calshot » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:29 am

^
At least it's backwards compatible. You can play all those Wii games you miss. Ever get around to Sonic Colors?
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:32 am

Wii U has some great games on eShop. Worth a look.

Games I own for Wii U:

I recommend Fatal Frame V (eShop exclusive in NA territories) if you fancy a survival horror game.

Devil's Third is a guilty pleasure. Not a well made game but fun nonetheless. If you enjoy clunky "bargain bin" PS2 era action games this is definitely worth a look.

Star Fox 0...your mileage may vary. Very mixed opinion on it personally. On rails sections are great, everything else though? Eh.

Wonderful 101 has an awful camera, best of luck enjoying that. Dunno if I will carry on with it. It's not that I have the camera's location since I have played many games from that perspective it's just the camera zooms in too much or zooms out too much so it's hard to see where enemies are and attack you off screen.

Wind Waker HD is great.

Xenoblade X is supposed to be good, not got around to getting that yet. Read mixed reports on the storyline and pacing though.

Tekken Tag 2 is excellent.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Director's Cut which refines things in this version) is a brilliant game that's worth playing if you haven't already.

Smash Bros is great fun. That goes without saying though.

What little I have played of Bayonetta so far is fun.

Rodea: Sky Soldier is an underrated gem from Yuji Naka (you probably already know about this one, being the Sonic fan that you are). It's like a Dreamcast era game. Not played the Wii version yet but it's supposed to be better.

And all of those Wii games you can play that you may have missed out on. Off the top of my head if you like arcade game experience I recommend Sin & Punishment 2 (Treasure developed game) which is a fantastic rail shooter.

And agreed about Freedom Planet.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:05 pm

Fell behind on Assassin's Creed after IV and this was going for under £10 so I thought I'd pick it up. Also see Judgement for £3 brand new and Gears games are normally 10 hours of stupid fun.

Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:25 pm

*Kenshin Himura* has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, south carmain
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby south carmain » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:07 pm

What's the difference between the solid gold version and the normal version? I didn't even know there was a solid gold version until now.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming