Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Rakim » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:59 pm

A few posts ago I reported getting an NTSC-J Ps2. Well I did a little ebaying and started building an arsenal of games to play on it. Its nothing mind blowing, but I'm gonna have a blast with all this shit.

Image MGS1 with suikoden 2 demo disc

Image Yakuza 1 & 2 with Yakuza 2 preview DVD

Image Final Fantasy X was brand new and sealed for 10 bucks. Came with a bonus DVD that I haven't watched yet.

Image FF X-2

Image Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

Image Dragon Quest 5

Image Lupin the 3rd

As you can see, aside from Lupin and Dragon Quest, this was all released in the US. In fact I already own English copies of half of them. But you're not gonna level up your language skills playing those.

Rakim has received 2 thanks from: Axm, mue 26
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Jokatech19 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:59 pm

I just got Alundra 2 for PSP, and I'm thinking about getting EGG for Dreamcast. I hear it's getting very rare and sought after.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:01 pm

@ Rakim
Respect bro, nice haul. I bet Metal Gear Solid and Yakuza must be fucking beautiful to play in Japanese. The hammy dialogue of our defiled localised versions is probably like fine literature or poetry in the original language. #teamichibanJapan #teamnihongo
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:53 am

Got it so I can be able to do EWGF easier and be a beast faster with Leo:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Bambi
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Got some cash for Christmas, so I bought an Amazon giftcard with it and ordered these:

ImageImageImage

Time for some more original Xbox love.
Always wanted to play Blinx. Used to be a total nut for cartoon platformer-type games. And looking it up now, the character customization options in Blinx 2 look amazing. Looking forward to that.
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was always a great game (one of the best comicbook games I'd played prior to this gen), and apparently it supports 720p, so I'm excited to see how nice it looks if I record it.

OL has received 3 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Bambi, Kenny
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:31 pm

I remember Blinx. I was interested in getting the sequel but I never got around to it, probably because of the release of the 360 and PS3.

The original can get frustrating due to camera issues and really repetitive, but you might enjoy it. Mine stopped working on my XBOX for some reason, an issue I never had with the other games, so just a heads up in case it can't read the disc. I think I even bought another copy and the problem still persisted.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:44 am

Lmao! BLINX!
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:00 am

I nostalgia'd hard thinking about when I used to play the night city levels in GT2 so went out and bought GT5 on an impulse buy

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, St. Elmo's Fire
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:53 am

the cover of that hulk packaging is funny... 8.9/10, that me chuckle for some reason. Reminded me of the Gamestop controversy over the 8.8 given to Twilight Princess when it came out. there was some funny memes that followed that. like 8.9 is so close to being an A rated game, but it barely falls short or something?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:01 am

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:26 pm

*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby OL » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:00 pm

I already had Space Marine, but I had bought it kind of late, a year or two after it originally came out, so the collector's edition was never something I thought I'd be able to get. I always wanted it since it looked like a really nice little set (and since I loved the game so much, obviously) but figured CE's only ever go up in price, so it'd forever be out of my grasp.
Not so with this one, apparently.
Got a sizable giftcard for Christmas, and saw that the CE was only around 40 bucks from an Amazon secondary merchant.
I'm not sure if it's the US version (the seller was from Florida) or the UK version (as pictured), but the set is exactly the same either way except for the ratings label on the box.

Can't see it in the pic, but the overall art design of the interior of the box is really attractive. One of the better-looking CE's/LE's I've seen in that regard. An artbook and soundtrack are always welcome additions no matter the game, and that replica of an Ultramarine purity seal? That's just awesome.
Just ordered it last night, but it's funny how re-buying a years-old game can actually make me excited like this.

OL has received a thanks from: Axm
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:45 pm

Well, I got my Nintendo Wii U on Christmas day and Zelda: Wind Waker is a download code. Of course, since nobody else here has a Nintendo Wii U, let me give you guys the low down: The E-Shop was mobbed and crashed the servers (which are shared with the network servers for 3DS...great planning there, Ninty) so yeah, the e-shop had been offline all day X-Mas (which was understandable) & also all day today; by the end of today, it was getting annoying. I just wanted to play Zelda, ffs. Anyway, long story short, the internet made me laugh today with this fake e-shop account trolling Nintendo:

https://twitter.com/IsEShopUp

Currently Down:
-Wii U/3DS eShop
-Pokemon Bank
-THE NINTENDO NETWORK STATUS WEBSITE

"Hey girl, are you the Nintendo eShop because I have a feeling you're about to go down on me." #PickupLines

What is everyone's favorite error code?

Mine is 005-4240.

Maybe the eShop was just in our imagination. Maybe the eShop never actually existed.

:lol:
I guess you could say that somebody got bored not being able to play with their X-Mas presents.

Thank goodness I also got loads of other stuff:

Otogi 2, Evergrace, Lost Kingdoms 2 & Echo Night: Beyond (A very From Software Christmas, indeed) as well as Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Batman: Arkham Origins & The Mansion of Hidden Souls. So much to play now.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Well, I got my Nintendo Wii U on Christmas day and Zelda: Wind Waker is a download code. Of course, since nobody else here has a Nintendo Wii U, let me give you guys the low down: The E-Shop was mobbed and crashed the servers (which are shared with the network servers for 3DS...great planning there, Ninty) so yeah, the e-shop had been offline all day X-Mas (which was understandable) & also all day today; by the end of today, it was getting annoying. I just wanted to play Zelda, ffs. Anyway, long story short, the internet made me laugh today with this fake e-shop account trolling Nintendo:

https://twitter.com/IsEShopUp

Currently Down:
-Wii U/3DS eShop
-Pokemon Bank
-THE NINTENDO NETWORK STATUS WEBSITE

"Hey girl, are you the Nintendo eShop because I have a feeling you're about to go down on me." #PickupLines

What is everyone's favorite error code?

Mine is 005-4240.

Maybe the eShop was just in our imagination. Maybe the eShop never actually existed.

:lol:
I guess you could say that somebody got bored not being able to play with their X-Mas presents.

Thank goodness I also got loads of other stuff:

Otogi 2, Evergrace, Lost Kingdoms 2 & Echo Night: Beyond (A very From Software Christmas, indeed) as well as Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Batman: Arkham Origins & The Mansion of Hidden Souls. So much to play now.

I've got one. Good console with a solid library of games. It's too bad nobody knows about it.

BTW, WWHD is a great remake.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Raithos » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:31 pm

I hope you were eventually able to redeem your code. I love my Wii U. Wind Waker is the best HD remake if you ask me. Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 are awesome too. Love the slight upscale it does on Wii games as well. Not a true render, but it does in fact upscale them to 720p/1080p depending on your settings. And it is noticeable.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming