Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby OL » Mon May 30, 2016 8:33 am

Had my first go with the Rockstar Editor that comes with the PC version of GTAV. Incredibly user-friendly little tool. Actually, years and years ago, Driver 3 had a function very much like this, where you could record your gameplay data, then edit the camera angles to make your own little action scene movies. I remember thinking every game ought to have something like that, but I hadn't seen another one until the PC version of GTAV came along.
Anyway, this was just my first stab at it. Gonna be messing with more stuff later, maybe making some more advanced cuts. Fun stuff all around.
And it was shocking how well the music fit the action. Just a totally random sound choice at the end, after I'd already edited, but it worked.

phpBB [video]

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon May 30, 2016 3:12 pm

OL wrote: I remember thinking every game ought to have something like that, but I hadn't seen another one until the PC version of GTAV came along.

The WWE games have had something like it, though I couldn't point you to a specific one.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Axm » Tue May 31, 2016 8:17 pm

So is the Wii U pretty much dead yet or what? I looked at this years release schedule and it looks barren. That new thing will get announced soon right?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Sonikku » Tue May 31, 2016 9:06 pm

It basically is dead, yeah. You can get a Xbone with a hard drive, five games and an extra controller for the same $300 that a Wii U with Mario Kart goes for. Not to mention having a more powerful machine, a much larger library, better 3rd party support and more affordable games that can often be had for half price within a month of release. Adding insult to injury, the tablet isn't enough for every Wii U game. You also need for all practical purposes a "pro" controller that the system does not come with that will set you back an additional $50. Considering Nintendo games like Smash Brothers never drop below $60, you could probably make an argument for Nintendo now being the most expensive option in gaming available today.

Nintendo refuses to discount it, unwilling to even make a more compelling bundle for the same price that could include a Pro controller and maybe more than a single game. It's too bad too. I like Nintendo. I could swallow the $60 Smash Bros and New Super Mario if the hardware wasn't as expensive as the competition. Taken together though it's just a double whammy. Apparently the majority of gamers agree because year on year it's selling worse than the Dreamcast. What's most puzzling of all though is how fast Nintendo righted the 3DS ship soon after launch when they admitted misjudging the market, only to blatantly neglect their home console to a fate of obscurity.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Calshot » Tue May 31, 2016 9:17 pm

They probably thought the Wii U would print money like the Wii did.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Sonikku » Tue May 31, 2016 9:30 pm

The Wii was half as expensive as a Playstation 3. The Wii U is just $50 shy of Playstation today. Perhaps right on par with one dollar for dollar depending on how E3 goes. Kind of a big difference.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:28 pm

Sonikku wrote: What's most puzzling of all though is how fast Nintendo righted the 3DS ship soon after launch when they admitted misjudging the market, only to blatantly neglect their home console to a fate of obscurity.

Now that you mention this, it does seem very unusual. It goes to show you that Nintendo knows whats going on, just this time I think they were in so deep of an investment with the Wii U there was no just turning things around like with the 3DS, it has been brutal on consumers and probably themselves that they havent lowered the price though I think that in itself says not to buy for your average consumer, especially with PS4 and even Xbox One right beside it and with a similar price range.

I am ultimately glad I wasnt able to get a Wii U last year, I know I skipped playing Xenoblade Chronicles X and that probably surprised many (including myself), but some times their is still not enough justification, and I felt that was definitely the case with the Wii U.

Now as for the NX, thats a completely different topic all together. I havent bought Nintendo stuff in a while and tbh a NX has the potential to be a launch purchase for me. Remember I bought the original Wii on Launch (Nintendo is about the only console maker I would even buy on launch) and while I enjoyed what little I played on it, I sold it to use the cash on my PS3. Anyway the point is Nintendo is due to make something awesome again and from what I have heard of the NX so far it definitely has me raising an eye brow. Also its important to note that the Wii U has been the only really bad console from Nintendo in a very long time, possibly ever, NES SNES N64 GC and Wii have all had classic memorable games and not saying that Wii U doesnt but its library is missing ALOT compared to its predecessors. Cant wait for the NX reveal when ever it ends up being.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:05 am

Amir wrote: Outcast: Second Contact, remake of 1999 cult classic Outcast announced: https://www.facebook.com/appealstudios/ ... 0225833561

I am so hyped, this game and Shenmue were my favourites growing up. I backed the Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter which unfortunately didn't reach its funding goal, so this more than makes up for it :)

Whaaaaaat :-o Next gen consoles, early 2017? Mind = so blown.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Raithos » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:38 am

Never been a fan of card games but I would buy the fuck out of these if they were real! That Artorias....

http://imgur.com/a/qEyO9
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby OL » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:29 pm

So I was watching an old Japanese flick, and one of the lines read in the subtitles as "It's dangerous to go alone!"
So of course my first thought was that the next line would be "Take this!" and one character would give the other a sword.
That didn't happen. I was disappointed.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, Sonikku
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:49 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Ocean-Integ ... thlessness

Just saw that Star Ocean 5 got a spiffy hard back guide with lithographs. Fuck I have been in the habit of buying CE's and LE's and their hard back guides lately... will probably have to slow down with that soon... maybe... hopefully... If im lucky this will be the last one this year. Lets hope there isnt another until next year...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:34 pm

Raithos has received a thanks from: Mr357
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Mr357 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:12 pm

I started the Saturn version a week or two ago, and got stuck 15 minutes in. :sad:
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Aw, pretty cool that it's on there. I still have the PS1 version sitting around here. Might give that a go soon. I've just been hit with the mood.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:59 pm

Well fuck, now I just had to cancel my pre-order for the Star Ocean 5 CE because I got an email from Square Enix store today saying they are collecting money for it tomorrow, almost a month before the game even releases. Now I am super disappointed but at the same time, if square is gonna do all this shotty and unorthodox crap then why support their store? Still may get the Day One version through amazon with my Prime discount. Sucks because I havent even worked the last 2 and a half months until this week and then square pulls this bullshit, and I gotta get my finances in order. Fucking priorities. :sad:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming