Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Rakim » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:32 pm

Did anyone go to see the Final Fantasy 15 movie? and more importantly did it suck?
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:28 pm

By the time it was released my hype for the game was too low for me to care.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby shredingskin » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:02 am

Who the fuck plays hidden objects games ??

There's a ton of those in steam, a lot of them have pretty good reviews, but really, who ?? Girls ? Mothers ? Fathers ? Dogs ??

One time I played one of those, and it wasn't so bad, but still baffles me as a genre.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:48 pm

shredingskin wrote: Who the fuck plays hidden objects games ??

There's a ton of those in steam, a lot of them have pretty good reviews, but really, who ?? Girls ? Mothers ? Fathers ? Dogs ??

One time I played one of those, and it wasn't so bad, but still baffles me as a genre.

There's nothing wrong with hidden object games as a genre. I've only played, like, one in my entire life - a game called Interpol: The Trail of Dr Chaos - and I had a pretty good time with it. Sure, it's just looking for objects meticulously hidden in a pre-rendered environment, but so is Where's Wally?, and that shit's awesome! There's something very satisfying about finding what you're looking for after minutes of head-scratching, especially where it's so well hidden in plain sight that it couldn't have been more obvious.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Coromasta » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:46 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Coromasta wrote:
shredingskin wrote:Apparently deus ex is fucking awesome, but reviews on the steam page are mixed, why is that ?

Matter of taste I guess, so far I'm liking it.

I'm not. I've had to tone down to easy mode and I'm still struggling with it.

Seems whenever a fire fight breaks out I just fall apart.

I'm thinking of giving up on it. I haven't enjoyed a minute of it so far..

While you can go into direct combat, you should avoid that since jensen is quite fragile.
Try to go around them or pick them of 1 by 1, even without a silencer I've managed to get a few kills without sounding the alarm on give me deus ex difficulty.
Also save alot, if 1 thing doesn't work try something else, the devs put alot of paths in the game. Good luck!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D6603 met Tapatalk
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta

Postby Kintor » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:33 am

Mr357 wrote: Sorry to sound like a cock, but this kind of thing strikes a nerve with me. It's called Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (or Deus Ex 4 if you want to save some syllables), not Deus Ex! That game came out 16 years ago! ](*,)

Sorry about the late reply to this post, but I honestly had no intention of causing any offense by just calling the new game 'Deus Ex'. I mean, Mankind Divided is probably the biggest game being released at the moment. So popular and well known that I'm confident I can just say 'Deus Ex' and every one really knows I'm talking about Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Still, I'll be more careful next time.

Coromasta wrote:While you can go into direct combat, you should avoid that since jensen is quite fragile.
Try to go around them or pick them of 1 by 1, even without a silencer I've managed to get a few kills without sounding the alarm on give me deus ex difficulty.
Also save alot, if 1 thing doesn't work try something else, the devs put alot of paths in the game. Good luck!

Yeah, to elaborate on what Coromasta said, stealth gameplay has always been a key mechanic for the entire Deus Ex franchise.

Even if you’re planning on killing all the guards in a given area it still pays to use a little stealth before engaging in a firefight. Doing things like disabling cameras/turrets/alarms and silently murdering a few isolated guards will make the eventual firefight that much more manageable.

Plus, here's a handy tip - don't forget to crouch!

You make a lot less noise when crouching, giving you a better chance of seeking around nearby guards. This is true even when you don't have any stealth augments currently activated.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Kintor wrote:Plus, here's a handy tip - don't forget to crouch!

You make a lot less noise when crouching, giving you a better chance of seeking around nearby guards. This is true even when you don't have any stealth augments currently activated.

Show me a decent 3D stealth game where this isn't a standard mechanic and I'll show you a real life unicorn.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:49 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:

Show me a decent 3D stealth game where this isn't a standard mechanic and I'll show you a real life unicorn.

Batman: Arkham Asylum?

Thanks for the tips, guys. I think I'll stick to the easy difficulty for this one just to play through it for the story. Maybe when I get more time to commit to games, I'll up it to normal.

Jesus christ, how long until Yakuza Zero comes out?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:46 pm

^4 months now, it comes out on January 24th. 2017 is going to be a great year for games.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Monkei » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:16 am

Mr357 wrote:
Kintor wrote:
shredingskin wrote: Apparently deus ex is fucking awesome...

Personally, having put 6 hours into the PC version of Deus Ex already...
...which has optimised drivers for Deus Ex.

Sorry to sound like a cock, but this kind of thing strikes a nerve with me. It's called Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (or Deus Ex 4 if you want to save some syllables), not Deus Ex! That game came out 16 years ago! ](*,)

What the hell :lol: It's common practice and totally fine to refer to a current iteration of an ongoing franchise by just using the franchise name, or even a shortened version of that. Especially when it's clear what you're referring to. "Anyone wanna go see The Hobbit/Star Wars/Turtles next week?"
At the same time calling the game "Deus Ex 4" is just plain wrong, because there is no "Deus Ex 4". You'd be making something up, adding something that was never there instead of leaving something out that's not important for communication to work. So congratulations on your post, it's garbage.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:49 am

Ah ha ha ha ha... Very funny, Best Buy.

Very fucking funny!
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:36 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote:

Was crouching excluded from Asylum? It's been a while, so I don't remember the first game much, but playing Knight right now and Origins just before it, and crouching is front and center.
If they didn't do it at all in Asylum... that's gonna feel weird going back to it when I play the upcoming remaster.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Calshot » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:03 am

OL wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote:

Was crouching excluded from Asylum? It's been a while, so I don't remember the first game much, but playing Knight right now and Origins just before it, and crouching is front and center.
If they didn't do it at all in Asylum... that's gonna feel weird going back to it when I play the upcoming remaster.

Nah, I distinctly remember crouching during the Croc fight because it was faster than trying to walk away.

I don't remember it being that big of a deal in Asylum though because of the limited options during the predator segments at that time. Crouching was more for squeezing through vents and stuff.

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Mr357 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Monkei wrote:What the hell :lol: It's common practice and totally fine to refer to a current iteration of an ongoing franchise by just using the franchise name, or even a shortened version of that. Especially when it's clear what you're referring to. "Anyone wanna go see The Hobbit/Star Wars/Turtles next week?"
At the same time calling the game "Deus Ex 4" is just plain wrong, because there is no "Deus Ex 4". You'd be making something up, adding something that was never there instead of leaving something out that's not important for communication to work. So congratulations on your post, it's garbage.

So something that's common practice isn't allowed to piss me off? No one has to call it Deus Ex 4. I know damn well that that's not its title, but it is the fourth game in the series, and people who want something shorter than "Mankind Divided" can call it #4. But don't get my hopes up and trick me into thinking that you're talking about Deus Ex. Even Human Revolution is a fat turd compared to that masterpiece. With Square Enix being involved from the get go (Eidos had Human Revolution to themselves for the first 3 years or so), Mankind Divided falls even shorter than HR did. It's not quite as bad as Invisible War though, I'll give it that.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Monkei » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:16 pm

Oh, okay, I guess I see where you're coming from then.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming