Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Yeah, the Guilty Gear Xrd update is probably going to be my next fighting game, since Tekken 7 is a ways off.

Raithos wrote:Dimps also did Saint Seiya last year and it was packed to thr brim. Then Xenoverse so they might have had too much on their plate. Who knows.

If that's true then it sounds even more like the fault was with Capcom, not Dimps, rushing it out of the gate. You would think Capcom would have taken more care with one of their premier franchises, but hey Capcom gonna Capcom, I guess.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Raithos » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:40 pm

The AoT game looks so good. I can't wait for the English release. I just hope there is a way to remove some of the UI overlay or at least make it smaller.
phpBB [video]
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Thief » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:52 am

Raithos wrote: Not saying the game isn’t good mechanically, arguments can be made there too, but there should honestly be no debate that the game is clearly unfinished. Especially when compared SF4. The “story” mode you speak of is about 5 fights long and does not take an hour and a half lol. Compared to traditional arcade mode where there is cinematics and rival fights, which people have come to expect, this one is lacking. Capcom has even said they will be adding it in a future update. What is already there is not your traditional arcade mode by any means. Also where’s the challenge mode that’s been there since SF3? You now have a plain jane basic old training mode in its place. That’s a pretty important missing feature if you ask me.

And you can’t excuse it by saying this game is geared toward online play either (as if SF4 wasn’t or something) when the game only supports TWO player lobbies lol. SF4 had 8 person lobbies with a spectator mode. Again, they’ve said they will be adding it later. Why is it missing in the first place? Why make people wait for what carries the online community?

People aren’t blowing anything out of proportion. No mentality that needs stopped either. It’s not just the missing single player features that’s the problem. Both SP and MP are lacking. Dude you can get Third Strike on PSN for 15 bucks that has twice the content as this with all the features you could ask for. This game is bare bones and broken. Ono has even come out and apologized for it. The launch net code is worse than the last beta by far.

I really have to disagree honestly. I do not think the game is unfinished just because there aren't modes people want.

Anyway, I really don't think it's fair to compare sfv to sfiv when it comes to online multiplayer... because online multiplayer was horrible in sfiv. The netcode was just horrible. It's not easy to make a good online experience for fighting games (that largely depend on frame-acuracy) and that is what sfv is attempting. It's not perfect but.. jeeze the game isn't unfinished. It works, it's not buggy, online needs to be worked out but it's been ONE WEEK since launch. It just doesn't have modes that people want - it's not like the game is saying "hey we have these modes..." and then they aren't there. Is uncharted an unfinished game because it doesn't have a chess mechanic? No. because it's not advertised to have one.

There's this notion that games are releasing "unfinished products" but there have been plenty of fighting games in the past with small rosters, just as little modes, and not nearly as much attention to mechanics and balance that weren't considered "incomplete". It's nonsense really. It's just a bunch of butt-hurts who want to play street fighter for a month with their crappy story mode and then forget about it. Most of the people leaving negative responses do not care about the game itself or its mechanics, they just like the drama. The game is gooooooooooooooood. Really good.

I'm not going to accept Street Fighter V as being a bad game because it doesn't have an arcade mode (when it has Survival mode which is practically the same stupid thing). Everyone is just being a bunch of dumbass video-game nerds who like to eat up drama about nothing. Street Fighter V is great.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:46 am

Its funny that you feel the need to call people names when defending your opinion.

Thief wrote: It's just a bunch of butt-hurts who want to play street fighter for a month with their crappy story mode and then forget about it......Everyone is just being a bunch of dumbass video-game nerds who like to eat up drama about nothing.

I don't see any reason for that. Its very fair to compare a sequel to the series previous entry. When a new entry launches it should make progress forward, not backward. There was nothing wrong with the netcode in SF4. I'm not a one month casual when it comes to fighting games. I 1'KD it when I had a 360 then platinumed SSF4 when I got a PS3. You act like SF5 is trying something that hasn't been done before.

Thief wrote: it's not like the game is saying "hey we have these modes..." and then they aren't there. Is uncharted an unfinished game because it doesn't have a chess mechanic? No. because it's not advertised to have one.

Yes. That is exactly what they did. You can't say its a complete game, when the options people are complaining about are already in the menu yet greyed out because they aren't in the game yet. Or, by the producers own words (regarding the story mode) will be finished and patched in June. And the most complained about features by every single person I know and the "pros", 8 man lobbies and spectator mode, are completely missing. I played the past two betas, there was no reason for the things to be like this. The game should have been delayed. People expect to not have to wait months after a purchase to get the full game.

But, enjoy your game Thief. Next time try not to call people names when their opinions differ from yours.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:33 am

Filthy casuals, ruining my games. :-({|=

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Ryoso » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:41 am

The amount of content SF5 has at launch is indeed shameful, you cannot say that the multiplayer is what its all about as the netcode itself is pretty awful and the game doesn't have an arcade mode? What in the world... Is this even Street Fighter? Like you know 20 years ago when we were rockin' SF2 offline. Not to mention that there are NO penalties for ragequitting an online match AND no offline versus mode, just local only, screw Capcom. DLC my balls, I dont want to even download anything for free, what a waste of time. DLC for a proper story mode in June. What a great game!
Ryoso
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:04 am

Then don't fucking buy it.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Thief
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Thief » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Raithos wrote:stuff

I'll call people butt-hurts if that's what they're being. Seriously, I don't give a fuck. I hate listening to nerds complain about dumb things. Street Fighter V is a good game and people are talking it up because they're a bunch of nerds who like drama.

The game's not incomplete. Everybody is stupid except me. I am God.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Reminds me of a realization I had the other day "How easy it is to type whatever you want on the internet and hit submit" There isnt much in the way of consequences, but some people go to jail for what they post or have what they said come back around on them, and if they are total online strangers you dont see the person on the other side, their demeanor and mannerisms, and personality, their tone or intentions, its easy to just see static text on a screen, and interpret it how you want. The internet, as much as everyone loves it, is one of the most non-poetic creations man has participated in.

But yeah, I have seen some posts lately that make me think this place is starting to look like a youtube comments section. Please dont. [-o<
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:02 pm

No, we're just getting older. As you get older you get grumpier. When you're grumpy you moan. You moan about video games not going in the direction you want them to, I moan about this generation of self-entitled man children I'm ashamed to be a part of.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby shredingskin » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:02 pm

Internet is weird.

Before was all about annonimity, you had AIM or messenger for people you actually know or want to know, then everything else was random no ones. Then social media came, and along with it a lot of new people.

Now the boundaries are blurred.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Calshot » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:52 pm

Thief wrote:I'll call people butt-hurts if that's what they're being. Seriously, I don't give a fuck. I hate listening to nerds complain about dumb things.

Thief wrote: I'm sitting here, i'm trying to play Yakuza 2. I can't get into it... I just don't give a FUCK. I've been stuck in the past for so god damn long. I'm sick of retro video-games, I'm sick of playing anything that doesn't either keep me going forward in life or bring me together in some sort of community. I don't want to play lame-ass old shitty b-movie-esque video games in my GOD DAMN ROOM anymore.

I'm selling everything I own. I'm even selling my old Shenmue shit. Shenmue was great, as was a lot of games I played, but they were great to me when I played them, not forever in my fucking closet. I'll play Shenmue 3, i'll have a great experience, and then I'll MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE. No more collecting, none of this nonsense bullshit. I'm only keeping things I actively use. I will have a Super Nintendo (for competitive Super Metroid) and a Playstation 4 (for new games and fighting games).

I don't know why I'm so angry with this post -- probably because I'm a little bit drunk.. but fuck retro videogames. Fuck 'em once and for fucking all.

Calshot has received 4 thanks from: Kenny, Mr357, Raithos, shredingskin
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Thief » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:45 pm

Calshot wrote:
Thief wrote:I'll call people butt-hurts if that's what they're being. Seriously, I don't give a fuck. I hate listening to nerds complain about dumb things.

Thief wrote: I'm sitting here, i'm trying to play Yakuza 2. I can't get into it... I just don't give a FUCK. I've been stuck in the past for so god damn long. I'm sick of retro video-games, I'm sick of playing anything that doesn't either keep me going forward in life or bring me together in some sort of community. I don't want to play lame-ass old shitty b-movie-esque video games in my GOD DAMN ROOM anymore.

I'm selling everything I own. I'm even selling my old Shenmue shit. Shenmue was great, as was a lot of games I played, but they were great to me when I played them, not forever in my fucking closet. I'll play Shenmue 3, i'll have a great experience, and then I'll MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE. No more collecting, none of this nonsense bullshit. I'm only keeping things I actively use. I will have a Super Nintendo (for competitive Super Metroid) and a Playstation 4 (for new games and fighting games).

I don't know why I'm so angry with this post -- probably because I'm a little bit drunk.. but fuck retro videogames. Fuck 'em once and for fucking all.

These two things don't really relate you fart-nugget. This is the laziest kind of shit. If you want to call me out on something, then at least type something up. Don't just post two things and expect people to connect the dots like you're so clever.

Then there are these ass-hats who're passively thanking this nothing of a post. lol. Fuck off.

I wasn't being that rude or angry before, Raithos told me not to "call people names" like I'm a child... I'm sorry, I was moaning about the incessant rampant fuck-tards that run the internet, spout memes, and complain about every little god damn thing. I can't call them names now?

I was largely just joking around, but sorry if some of y'all got a little butt-hurt about it. I'll piss off if ya like, but god damn.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:01 pm

shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Thief » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:02 pm

^ look here's one now :O
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming