Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby OL » Fri May 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Was never big on games until the 16-bit era. I played a lot before then, but it wasn't a passion or anything; they were toys.
But I'm still glad I was a Genesis kid rather than an SNES kid. SNES was great, of course, but even trying to look at it objectively now, the Genesis had a ton more games that I'd have an interest in. I'm glad as hell for having played Rocket Knight Adventures back then, glad as hell for having played Wonder Boy in Monster World, glad as hell for having played Shinobi III, and glad as hell for having played Sonic (1, 2, & Knuckles). I'd list more, but there's a limit to how many times I can say "glad as hell" in a single post.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri May 10, 2013 1:22 pm

^Me neither. I got my Master System around the time the N64 was announced.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri May 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Had a Nes but never really cared for it, Really got into gaming whenIi got a Megadrive and Sonic.

I miss cheats this gen and the extra fun you could have in games like Fifa like running from the ref when he wanted to give you a card :lol:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri May 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Yep more reason why i will never buy a fighting game at launch now and simply wait for the full retail version.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/09/dead- ... this-fall/

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is officially heading to Xbox 360 and PS3 this fall as a retail and digital game. This version of Dead or Alive 5 is so Ultimate because it includes modes from the Vita's Dead or Alive 5 Plus, new stages, new fighters and cameos from Ninja Gaiden – including levels such as Sky City Tokyo and the character Momiji, as was rumored earlier this week.

"The largest lineup in DOA history includes the first ever appearance of Ninja Gaiden's Momiji, who utilizes the Hayabusa-style Aikijutsu taught to her by the master himself, Ryu Hayabusa," the Ultimate press release reads. Said lineup also appears to include the return of Leon, a fighter who debuted in Dead or Alive 2.

And in about a years time ill be able to buy the full game of Injustice: Gods Among Us ;-)

Fighting games are an iterative genre. Hence every Street Fighter has had multiple releases, actually most fighting games have seen a bunch of releases. Its always been that way, its just that Capcom recently made it suck by putting shit on the disc. It looks like they're adding stuff that couldn't have been DLC, and possibly re-balancing. It might be better or worse then Vanilla DOA. (MvC standard is better then UMvC which is dogshit, neither is as good at TvC)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri May 10, 2013 2:09 pm

To carry on...

phpBB [video]

:lol: Spent so much time doing this.

Also bring back indoor games EA.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: SaM_4000
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 10, 2013 5:39 pm

I first played on Atari 2600 in the early 80's . Parents got me an NES in 1987. I only had an NES until 1998. I did play Genesis, PlayStation, PC at friends' houses but took me till 1998 I was allowed to have a SNES,why I have a SNES 2. Well ok I did buy a Game Gear off a classmate in 1996 for 15$ with Sonic. Was my first Hand Held and first time playing Sonic. I grew up on Nintendo but made a full switch to SEGA fan last few years. So I am a retroactive SEGA fan. More of a fan of SEGA now than I was about Nintendo then. I'm glad to have both but like OL enjoy my Genesis more. I love my Saturn more than PSone(and I f-ing love it) and my N64. DC well you know me and DC are married.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Sorry DP.

Hearing that Silicon Knights is closing made me think.

Silicon Knights is just the latest post Nintendo Victim.

Factor 5
Rareware
Silicon Knights

Post Nintendo they turned to crap and 2 are now dead. What in the blue monkey banana ball tits shit did Nintendo feed these guys? Why were none of them able to be decent and/or successful without them? Seriously.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Giorgio » Fri May 10, 2013 7:04 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Yeah, Master System's without doubt my favourite pre-3D era console. [...] Just a shame I sold it a few years back.

The same shame on me... That is what I did, too, about fourteen years ago, I sold it... just to buy something new as a console and that was an imitation of NES (called NEDA)... Even though, that fake NES was fun, has a load of NES games built-in, I also bought some cartridges for it and the most memorable of those was Tiny Toon Adventures.

Interestingly, with the money I got from SMS [I sold it for 132 Euros... (but different currency back then)], I was also able to get (for my hunger for new consoles) a Game Boy Color together with cartridges; Super Mario Deluxe and Cool Ball. Later I bought Pokemon Yellow Version and I just love it, I were thinking that this game was the best adventure I have ever played.

Later, I also sold GBC with its cartridges and with the money I got, I bought Dreamcast, then Shenmue and you know... [I were looking to buy a PSOne, but the owner of the shop suggested me DC (and why is better), so I bought it. For sure I did well...]
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Mr.Din » Sat May 11, 2013 4:02 am

Yakuza 4 is the business, Tanimura is no doubt my favorite character of the 4 but the whole cast is pretty solid. I want Y5 but I want to actually know what's going on as opposed to guessing or reading guides, might given and import anyway haha.

LOL Ryoko Hazuki.

Mr.Din has received a thanks from: OL
Mr.Din
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: DinSidd
XBL: DinSidd
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 11, 2013 5:46 am

Ryudo wrote: Sorry DP.

Hearing that Silicon Knights is closing made me think.

Silicon Knights is just the latest post Nintendo Victim.

Factor 5
Rareware
Silicon Knights

Post Nintendo they turned to crap and 2 are now dead. What in the blue monkey banana ball tits shit did Nintendo feed these guys? Why were none of them able to be decent and/or successful without them? Seriously.

Was it mostly to do with them losing the suit against Epic Games?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 11, 2013 7:56 am

SK are not closed but that law suit didn't help and love or hate their recent games most of Rares XBox titles were in development for the Cube as was Too Human which i still think MS should buy.

Oh and Denis Dyack didn't help one bit.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/too-human-d ... ve-6408193
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun May 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:30 pm

I just had a sensational fight in FN: round 3 with my character versus Winky Wright. I just can't stand how if your opponent is winning, round to round their face looks cleaner and cleaner. That's a ridiculous glitch.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Sun May 12, 2013 10:13 pm

played batman arkham asylum in 2010.(or 2011?) it was ok, but i couldnt get into it. sold it. re-bought it 2 weeks ago and for what ever reason liked it a lot more. it was a pretty good game but nothing i would highly recommend or anything. the day after i beat it i bought the sequel arkham city....GEE WIZ BATMAN I LOVE IT!!!! def one of the better games ive played recently. this is a shock! was not expecting it to be this good. lovin it. you Havent played it yet? dafuq is wrong with you go buy GO BUY GO BUY

Perfect_Chaos has received a thanks from: Kenny
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming