Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:58 am

Just noticed to pre-order any PS4/Xbox One games it costs 55 quid! I mean, really? Is that how much games next gen are going to cost new? Screw that, then.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:29 pm

I doubt they will be that price but we shall see. Stores tend to put high prices up and a couple weeks ago prices for games were listed at £79.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:09 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Just noticed to pre-order any PS4/Xbox One games it costs 55 quid! I mean, really? Is that how much games next gen are going to cost new? Screw that, then.

PS3/360 games were £60 when they first launched. I wouldn't worry..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Overall thoughts on E3, which I missed because of being on vacation/holiday [I also missed Game of Thrones & Hannibal, bloody hell]: it was okay, but really lacked for handhelds, no new Vita games were announced, no new 3DS games were announced; neither of them got any real coverage either.

Conferences:
Nintendo Direct - disappointing.
Sony - Barely okay, thanks to the DRM/used games and FFXIV & FFXV. They annoyed me with the lack of Vita games though.
Microsoft - below average, aside from MGSV.
EA - crap.
Konami's pre-E3 show - worst conference they've ever done.
Ubisoft - Splinter Cell! Don't care about the rest.
Square Enix - A second trailer for FFXV? Yes please. Aside from that? Meh.

Overall: Too many remakes/reboots, sequels, prequels, midquels, racing games and not enough new IPs for my liking [come at me if you disagree though]. I will be sticking it out with my PS3/handhelds for a good while longer, I think.
And where was Drakengard 3? Announce the localization, Square, come on. And SEGA, hurry it up with Yakuza 5 & Phantasy Star Online 2 for Vita... :sad:

And to top it all off, ATLUS are in financial trouble (possibly being shut down due to lying about their finances). Which is a real downer.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby south carmain » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:50 pm

^I really liked sonys conference, it managed to get me hyped which is something I haven't been for a while. much better than last E3 anyway. however I agree that the lack of vita games and half of those shown were remakes was bullshit.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Overall thoughts on E3, which I missed because of being on vacation/holiday [I also missed Game of Thrones & Hannibal, bloody hell]: it was okay, but really lacked for handhelds, no new Vita games were announced, no new 3DS games were announced; neither of them got any real coverage either.

Conferences:
Nintendo Direct - disappointing.
Sony - Barely okay, thanks to the DRM/used games and FFXIV & FFXV. They annoyed me with the lack of Vita games though.
Microsoft - below average, aside from MGSV.
EA - crap.
Konami's pre-E3 show - worst conference they've ever done.
Ubisoft - Splinter Cell! Don't care about the rest.
Square Enix - A second trailer for FFXV? Yes please. Aside from that? Meh.

Overall: Too many remakes/reboots, sequels, prequels, midquels, racing games and not enough new IPs for my liking [come at me if you disagree though]. I will be sticking it out with my PS3/handhelds for a good while longer, I think.
And where was Drakengard 3? Announce the localization, Square, come on. And SEGA, hurry it up with Yakuza 5 & Phantasy Star Online 2 for Vita... :sad:

And to top it all off, ATLUS are in financial trouble (possibly being shut down due to lying about their finances). Which is a real downer.

X,Bayonetta 2 and FFXV and Mega Man in SMash Bros was enough for me to really enjoy E3 this year.

As for Vita still have Muramasa and Ys IV. If Atlus thing works out then Dragons Crown. Personally look forward to Sonic on 3DS this year and Project Z Zone this month. X is easily my most wanted game. Was game of E3 for me. MS conference was so awkward and boring I quit watching at some point and left to do errands..I just no longer cared. I thought Sony had a strong showing but agree needed more Vita.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:59 am

FF15 and MGS 5 are kind of polarizing for me. FF15 throws out everything FF is really known for, but its such a crazy ass game that has so much range. MGS 5 fealt like a Remake of MG1 and 2 on MSX, and the idea of race and child soldiers is really appreciated, especially with how it focuses on the grey area of terrorism, but the dialogue is really fucking forced at times, and it hurts the game to have almost no established black characters in a game that has a lot of its story being set in africa.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:54 am

MGS 5 and FFXV are really going to bring a spectacular gaming experience, the trailers and gameplay just look very high-end..

I'm also excited for Bayonetta 2 and the new Kingdom Hearts.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:20 am

I'm pretty disappointed as a whole. It's pretty telling when the best announcements at the show more or less amounted to "we're maintaining the status quo". That isn't so much an exciting announcement itself as much as it is a stark contrast to everything else in the show that was just awful, foreboding and bad. For that many, Sony isn't even doing that much on the online gaming front. The first time I wanted a Sony console since the PS2, and I'm still going to be charged to play online.

To this day I'm surprised no gaming news website has made any kind of big deal of that whatsoever. Sony fans were hammering Microsoft for years for charging for Xbox gold. Now when Sony does it, it's suddenly "A-OK". I think Microsoft got hammered for pretty legitimate reasons this past month. But as for these past few years , I find it interesting at how Microsoft was just being greedy charging a fee for online play, but now when Sony does the same thing it's just "Doing my part to maintain the brilliant infrastructure". Pretty ironic double standards.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:40 am

Would love to see Megaman return most likely on 3DS or Wii U and a remake of MVC2 but with 3D Character models.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:44 am

I think the reason nobody is making a big deal over it is for the fact PS+ is actually an extremely good service to begin with, with its free games and discounts. Comparing PS4 with PS+ to the last 12 years of XBL is big difference and im more than willing to shell out the $50/year or $5/mo when I feel like it.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Luvly KM » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:37 pm

So what was everyones game of the show?

Metal Gear 5 took the cake for me.

also i agree with Sonikku sentiments. Ps4 stealing the headlines for NOT being anti-consumer is silly. All previous generations maintained sharing, used and limited DRM capabilities so the ps4 shouldn't be hailed for doing so in contrast to a pungent, corporate background...
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mue 26 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Yeah MGS5, no competition. Nothing else was ever close. If I'm honest, no other next gen games shown at the event even impressed me much at all. Watchdog showed potential. FF15...it didn't really rock my world, I mean, it had visual spectacle, but it being a Nomura game, it looks like it came out of the imagination of 14 year old (I'll still no doubt enjoy it though).

And yeah, I agree that Sony's conference was pretty much mostly a snooze fest. But still I'm not going to lie, it was fun when they dropped the price and no imposed DRM announcements like a concrete cinder block on the Bone's fledgling dreams. He should have just dropped the mic and swaggered off stage abruptly ending the conference after that. That would have been gangsta.

I don't play games online, so I don't really know all that much about that stuff, but I get the feeling the reason why no one is making a particularly huge fuss about it, is because people expected it. Sony's online was probably only ever free on PS3 because they were trailing so far behind xbox. Now things are different.

It was a strange E3 best summarised for me by someone who wrote "MS took a fall, Nintendo didn't get up, and Sony remained the last man standing."
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Wait, are we being forced to purchase PS+ with the PS4? So PSN is no longer going to be free for PS4? I dont remember them saying that at the press release.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:22 pm

I wasn't really arsed about anything, but I'm happy for the missus that she'll finally be getting Kingdom Hearts III.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming