Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Axm » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Sonikku wrote:I disagree with that sentiment. The fans have been begging for this for years and years. It comes up every single Blizzcon. And Blizzard at every turn has said no. If anything, I don't think they had any intention of every launching a Vanilla server and caved solely due to mounting pressure from the player base. Hardcore fans launching their own private vanilla servers and making money off their property was probably the last straw. If they don't provide it, a fan will.

I will definitely play Vanilla WoW if they do include quest tracking and the dungeon finder.
And especially if they leave the gameplay exactly as is where you can grind kite 50 mobs at once. Sick pleasure.

Axm has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Thief » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:54 pm

I was a bit disappointed with FF12: The Zodiac Age. The new job system feels really restrictive and you can't change boards after you've chosen... also the game feels much easier than the original. Kinda disappointing that they didn't include the original board as an option because now I'm stuck playing the PS2 version to get the experience I prefer... oh well.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Axm wrote:And especially if they leave the gameplay exactly as is where you can grind kite 50 mobs at once. Sick pleasure.

Yes, I remember that was one of my main motivations to speccing into frost mage. Rounding up 50 mobs and then killing them with blizzard was like the ultimate power trip.

The constant focus on grinding wasn't really that fun to me, though. I would log on with the intention to gain a level or two and log off. I didn't care about the story and I just went to new areas simply to get quests and level. It wasn't fun, it just felt like a job. Interactions with other players were pretty neat, but by the time I joined the game, the leveling areas was basically empty so I was by myself, grinding mobs 80% of the time.

Mr. Frozen has received a thanks from: Axm
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:13 pm

phpBB [video]

It's pretty incredible that the first mirror's edge looks that much better, without reflections, weaker lighting and lower res textures.

Really a testament to the art design.

shredingskin has received 2 thanks from: myshtuff, OL
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby OL » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:06 pm

^^Just recently replayed Mirror's Edge. Beat it however many hundreds of thousands of times on PS3, so this was the first time on PC, everything running at max.
Yeah, still a gorgeous game, and it is all because of the basic art design. It's one of those rare games that, no matter how advanced graphics get over time, will never really look "bad" at any point. Technically inferior, sure, but it'll always be pleasing to the eye regardless.
Catalyst remains literally the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced in gaming. It still irks me that they revamped everything, forced it into sci-fi territory (whereas the original was actually pretty grounded, all things considered), gave it a somehow less interesting story, and actually sucked out a lot of the impact and weight that the action had in the original.
At least a year and a half later, and I wonder a bit if I'm too hard on it; I may want to replay it someday just to see. But the bad taste it left with me is still there. The original is easily the more enjoyable for me.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:40 pm

phpBB [video]

Godot doing in a couple years things that took unity (valued in the billions) years and years (and stuff that it's not even there yet).

I'll see what's the deal with lumberyard soon.

EDIT: it's a cryengine fork, interesting.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:11 pm

phpBB [video]

Happy Console Gamer included Shenmue in his Top 10 Games of All Time list!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:41 pm

Man, I haven't watched an HCG video in a really long time. Feels like forever ago that I last saw one. Nice to see that his Japanese pronunciation has improved. Used to be embarrassingly bad (if I'm remembering correctly; there are a lot of youtubers who pronounce things terribly).
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Demons Souls servers shutting down in Feb. Time to invade some fools while you still can. I know I will be.

https://atlus.com/fond-farewell-demons-souls-servers/

edit: I bet (hope) there's a Demon's Souls remaster incoming. Its not just Atlus. Bandai and Sony shutting down servers in all regions at the same time.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Thief
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Thief » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:57 pm

I've never been too interested in the multiplayer aspect of the Souls games. I've only played Demon's and Dark Souls 1, but I think I was invaded a total of one time during Demon's Souls, so I guess it's pretty dead. I'm not too familiar with how it works though.

Anyway, I hope you're right about Demon's Souls getting a PS4 port. Most of the games I care about on PS3 are already on PS4 and I'm secretly hoping they all end up there so I can get rid of my PS3 lol
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:09 am

Gonna focus only in my main game from now on, I was working in 3 different stuff, and was mostly procastinating and not really feelling inspired by that.

While it's quite a difficult project that will need various systems in place, I can't keep the bullshit of doing things half assed because "side projects".

TLRotC

EDIT: supposed to go on random thoughts.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby myshtuff » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:04 am

IGN got James Franco to do video game voices in the voice of Tommy Wiseau from The Room/Disaster Artist. One of the lines is Ryo from Shenmue. Pretty funny.

phpBB [video]

myshtuff has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Rakim
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Rakim » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:17 am

o hai mario
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Rakim » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:50 pm

This Seinfeld point and click adventure looks so fun.

https://twitter.com/ParadigmGame/status ... 2059906049

phpBB [video]

Rakim has received a thanks from: OL
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:23 am

Suddenly I'm thinking of all kinds of classic sitcoms that ought to have their own old-school point n clicks.
I'd totally play the hell out of a Frasier one.

OL has received 4 thanks from: KiBa, MiTT3NZ, Rakim, SickOctopus
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming