Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby shredingskin » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:05 pm

butthurt much ? lol
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:22 am

What just happened?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Raithos » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Looks like the Psycho Pass game is coming to the west thanks to NIS as usual. PS4, Vita and PC. They've decided not to localize the Xbox One version, which is kind of weird being as they are releasing Stranger of Sword City on it. Maybe preorders aren't strong enough for them to want to release a second title on it.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/psycho-pass- ... -this-fall
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:31 pm

NIS are on a damn roll. It's a visual novel? Definitely a Vita game, then (perfect games for Vita).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Ziming » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:46 pm

Parts I picked out for my new I7 6700K gaming PC.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MhnbWZ

No new graphics card because I'm transferring my current 760gtx over to it. It should hold me over until the new Pascal cards come out later this year. Currently using a Phenom II 1090T so this is a significant upgrade.

Ziming has received a thanks from: Raithos
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Raithos » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:47 pm

I still hate the price of DDR4.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr357 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:49 pm

Ziming wrote: Parts I picked out for my new I7 6700K gaming PC.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MhnbWZ

No new graphics card because I'm transferring my current 760gtx over to it. It should hold me over until the new Pascal cards come out later this year. Currently using a Phenom II 1090T so this is a significant upgrade.

Do what you will, but I don't recommend getting an MSI board and certainly not a Rosewill PSU. MSI used to be pretty good, but they've taken a dive with their motherboards since at least Z77.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ziming » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Mr357 wrote:
Do what you will, but I don't recommend getting an MSI board and certainly not a Rosewill PSU. MSI used to be pretty good, but they've taken a dive with their motherboards since at least Z77.

I've changed it to a EVGA 650 platinum power supply. Much cheaper and scored a 9.8 by Jonnyguru.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?na ... y&reid=446

I chose the MSI motherboard because I like the features on this particular model and it got a high rating by HARDOCP.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/01/ ... rd_review/
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:11 am

I think an i5 is all you really need for gaming. What exactly do you need 32gb of ram for? :shock:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Ziming » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:56 am

Sonikku wrote: I think an i5 is all you really need for gaming. What exactly do you need 32gb of ram for? :shock:

I still do video capture and editing for the dojo's youtube channel so I want to make use of the hyper-threading available only on the i7.

Ziming has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Mr357, Raithos
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:29 pm

Seems my gaming year is going to be dominated by remasters and sequels, and I am behind.

List of games:

Gravity Rush Remastered
Gravity Rush 2
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
Valkyria Azure Revolution?
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5 (if I can find a way around the hard drive space issue)
Yakuza 0?
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1
Trails of Cold Steel 2
Star Ocean series... Mainly Second Evolution on PSP, and 4 on PS4 so I can prepare for 5, but im waaayyyy behind on these, also need a charger for my PSP so its been perma-dead for quite some time.

Hopefully I can get most of this stuff done, hell even just a few of them would be good, before my work year really starts to kick in and im away from home for weeks and months at a time, some havent been released yet, but that gives me time to get through the previous games, mainly being GR1, VC, Y4/5, and Cold Steel 1/2 before I fall too far behind.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:34 am

Just had a total "what the eff" moment...
I'm really enjoying the fact that I can play both PS1 and PSP games on my Vita, provided you re-buy them through the Playstation Store (which is fine, they're usually pretty cheap). Been playing Black Rock Shooter and FFTactics on there, and also got Vagrant Story, Front Mission 3, Klonoa, and both Wild Arms 1 and 2 transferred onto it. All good fun.
So I'm going through my PSP collection and see Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth in there and think to myself "always meant to play through that one day; maybe I'll actually stick with it if I have it on Vita."
Problem is... it's not on PSN. Neither the PSP version nor the PS1 version.
Just struck me as really weird. Here I thought that, among PS1 RPGs, Valkyrie Profile was really popular and sought-after. And it feels like just about every other PSP game in the world is on PSN. So how the hell is it that neither version of the game is on there? Just very strange for such a high-profile (among cult gamers, I guess) game to be totally missing on there, especially when it's a Squeenix game, and there are two versions to choose from.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:02 pm

phpBB [video]

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2016/4474.html

a new Xenogears cross over game is coming out in japan the other franchise being something I do not know called Figureheads. its a mecha battler, seems a bit unusual and Im not sure if it will leave japan, at least square is actually acknowledging xenogears? Or perhaps a simple name/brand/character cash in? You can play as Fei Elly Citan and Bart and their respective mechs, other than that its not clear how this game is connected to Xenogears outside of character roster. Strange little mash up at this point in time. what the hell?

edit - Wow, just noticed on the RPGFan article Citans character image they spell his name "Shitan" :no: also a little bit funny though those crazy japanese! :lol:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:44 pm

Perhaps we will finally get answers as for why Fei doesn't have a dick. :-k
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:07 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:edit - Wow, just noticed on the RPGFan article Citans character image they spell his name "Shitan" :no: also a little bit funny though those crazy japanese! :lol:

Not really sure why it warrants a :no: . That's his name. It's only because of localization that he ended up as "Citan."
It even says Shitan in the Xenogears Perfect Works book.

As for the new game, it just looks like a round of fanservice to me... I doubt it has any meaningful story developments or anything. The gameplay looks kind of bland anyway, but it might be cool for a giggle.
I'm guessing it lacks the involvement of Tetsuya Takahashi regardless, so it's not like it's that big a deal in the grand scheme. Even if the game were being called a direct sequel by Square, it'd be like making a Vagrant Story 2 without Yasumi Matsuno. It may as well not even count.

OL has received 2 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming