Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Axm » Wed May 08, 2013 2:55 pm

If thats world wide we could say maybe Japan 2 mil, U.S 10 mil, Europe/U.K 5 mil, rest of the world 1mil.. maybe its $200 and they include some free prostitutes..
Even with the hoe's its a bold claim to sell through that in its first year.
Someones talking out if their ass at sony.
Which is way rare lols..
Last edited by Axm on Wed May 08, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Wed May 08, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm dying without my PS3. I keep getting the urge to play PS3 games, and the damn thing had to ylod on me a few days ago. Can't exactly afford a new one at this very moment, so it's thrown a wrench in all of my game-playing plans.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Wed May 08, 2013 2:58 pm

OL wrote:I'm dying without my PS3. I keep getting the urge to play PS3 games, and the damn thing had to ylod on me a few days ago. Can't exactly afford a new one at this very moment, so it's thrown a wrench in all of my game-playing plans.

yold is a myth. I only got it twice on my 60gb launch unit. Then I got a slim.
See.. Myth busted.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Sonikku » Wed May 08, 2013 2:59 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: So Sony really want to ship around 16M PS4's this year? Do they really think they will sell that many? If so the arrogance is still around or its still being poorly run.

They only have to ship millions to reach that goal. They don't actually have to sell all 16 million to gamers in that time frame, that could be done any old time, extending to next year if need be. Of course, before they can ship 16 million playstations they first have to figure out what it will look like. :lol:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed May 08, 2013 3:01 pm

I love my Super Slim PS3. I love a top loader system. I hate slot loading and disc trays. More to go wrong and lose your game.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed May 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Even then the most they have managed to ship was around 9M PS3 the other year and they expect to nearly double that?

Yeah not going to happen.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Axm » Wed May 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Sonikku wrote:Of course, before they can ship 16 million playstations they first have to figure out what it will look like. :lol:

JT told me it looks like a piece of the Aggro Crag from Nickelodean Guts.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed May 08, 2013 3:05 pm

Axm wrote: JT told me it looks like a piece of the Aggro Crag from Nickelodean Guts.

That was a Sexy Blu Ray player and looks more like Sega Master System, One of the best looking systems ever. However given the new Camera design and Vita. Betting it looks like some damn rounded Apple garbage instead of something Kickass.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Wed May 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Axm wrote:
OL wrote:I'm dying without my PS3. I keep getting the urge to play PS3 games, and the damn thing had to ylod on me a few days ago. Can't exactly afford a new one at this very moment, so it's thrown a wrench in all of my game-playing plans.

See.. Myth busted.

I'm actually kind of surprised that my system lasted as long as it did. I had one of the old 80gb models. I fully expected it to break down eventually, but it still hurts to see all my game saves and whatnot go bye-bye. Plus, my access to a Japanese PSN account (don't remember what the password was, so I won't be able to access it from now on).
I think dust was the problem. I was playing Vesperia on 360 for about three or four weeks, during which time the PS3 wasn't being used at all. Damn thing is a dust magnet, so I think it all got built up. I was just about to start a new game when boom... auto-shutoff.
>_<
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed May 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: So Sony really want to ship around 16M PS4's this year? Do they really think they will sell that many? If so the arrogance is still around or its still being poorly run.

They must mean the financial year when they said that. From launch until March 31st. Gives them about five-and-a-half months?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed May 08, 2013 3:55 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:

They must mean the financial year when they said that. From launch until March 31st. Gives them about five-and-a-half months?

Still makes no sense. You just don't sell that many in such a short time.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Wed May 08, 2013 4:13 pm

OL wrote:
Axm wrote:

See.. Myth busted.

I'm actually kind of surprised that my system lasted as long as it did. I had one of the old 80gb models. I fully expected it to break down eventually, but it still hurts to see all my game saves and whatnot go bye-bye. Plus, my access to a Japanese PSN account (don't remember what the password was, so I won't be able to access it from now on).
I think dust was the problem. I was playing Vesperia on 360 for about three or four weeks, during which time the PS3 wasn't being used at all. Damn thing is a dust magnet, so I think it all got built up. I was just about to start a new game when boom... auto-shutoff.
>_<

If you don't have the cash for a brand new one but want to keep your saves and stuff, why not just send it out for repairs? Repairing fees while high, usually aren't as expensive as buying a whole other system. If doing so also allows you to retain your account and saves, all the better.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Wed May 08, 2013 4:21 pm

It'd probably just bust again eventually. I'd been wanting a new one anyway (for longevity's sake), so it's kind of a tradeoff.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed May 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Going back to the "RE4 ruined the RE series but was a good game" thing, I see it like Sonic Adventure. Fucking brilliant game, no doubt, but the type of game it was set a precedent for the following games, which sharply derailed the series as a whole (something it's only recently started recovering from) So yeah, completely agree with that.

MiTT3NZ has received 3 thanks from: Henry Spencer, OL, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Axm » Wed May 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Ya same. I honestly hope they do something to reinvent the gameplay again like a hybrid between REmake and current. Dont know what that would look like but im sure theirs got to be something new they could do.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming