Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Proof that people talk out their arse when it comes to console wars. Ghost single player on PS4 runs at 720p unless you download a day 1 patch. All those comparison videos and so called experts saying one clearly looked better and if you couldn't see the difference you must be blind :lol:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby lavrentis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Well after posting a Sonic and Sega All Stars racing video ages ago on youtube, I got an invite to play what looks like a homebrew game called "Quantum Rush". Looks like Wipeout and I do love Wipeout and after my PS3 broke I got a 360 and I have missed it incredibly but yeah this looks like a Wipeout clone but doesn't look bad..

phpBB [video]
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Axm » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:24 pm

If the money works out these next few weeks, I might just get an Xbox One. Since its not being sold in Japan it would make sense to buy it here.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Yama » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:44 am

Knack always looked dire but was getting a free pass off people cause Cerny was attached to it. And they only care about him now because he is the face of the PS4.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:19 am

Who Really Cares? wrote: Knack always looked dire but was getting a free pass off people cause Cerny was attached to it. And they only care about him now because he is the face of the PS4.

I don't think anyone really thought a family friendly platformer was gonna be a breakthrough title. I played a kiosk demo of it though, while it runs buttery smooth and is a fun short term game possibly, ya it doesn't deserve good scores based on the fact it's apparently repetitive and unimaginative.
Btw Cerny wasn't just "attached" to it he was the Director of it. And also Cerny is not just the "face" of Playstation as if he is just some head of marketing or a PR rep, he's the Lead System Architect of the PS4 so he kinda has some weight in being a credible person to have on stage or be interviewed about the system.
Shame he couldn't help develop a better game at the same time though.

Anyways.. I like playing devils advocate aka. Sony fanboy vs. MS fanboy with you.
South Park just ran a new episode about Xbox One vs. PS4 launches for Black Friday. The kids were having a "Console War" in front of a store as if it was a real war. People choosing sides etc. That was pretty funny and you should check it out.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:07 am

Won't air till next week here but I heard it was good.

I know he had a large role but most the gamers on the net now acting like he is a god didn't give 2 shits about him this time last year. Hell half probably never heard of him. Same with sites like IGN kissing the guys arse yet he failed to make their top 100 games devs just a couple years back.

One thing that's not good to hear is people who already have the console including IGN having hardware issues. Seems the day 1 patch might be to blame? As well as faulty HDMi cables among other things like the pads breaking.
I really hope Sony haven't done what MS did a rush it out not fully tested.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:23 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:One thing that's not good to hear is people who already have the console including IGN having hardware issues. Seems the day 1 patch might be to blame? As well as faulty HDMi cables among other things like the pads breaking.

Just read about that. Interesting if consistently true. They might of just got a bad one or a new patch is sorely needed. All the recent reviews I've read from Engadget and the like are saying the system works great and many of the features are in that 1.5 patch. Would be interesting if they did a 1.51 or 1.6 patch or something to fix any issues.

btw I'm really happy the Dualshock 4 has a micro usb port for charging. This means I can use the 4000mah portable charger I normally use for my cell phone and use it to charge the controller when needed "wirelessly". Also the headphone jack on the controller is a standard 3.5mm but also can be used for a direct feed of all in-game audio!

Besides all that, I'm actually looking forward to getting the Xbox One and playing Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3. Shame PS4 doesn't have those games or else I would have waited until the next Halo to buy the system.
Kinda scary buying an Xbox at launch though considering my history of bad luck with 360.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Peter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:48 am

I just bought a 3 day pass for PAX Australia 2014! So excited, it will be my first ever gaming expo!! :D

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Yama
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yama » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:24 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:I know he had a large role but most the gamers on the net now acting like he is a god didn't give 2 shits about him this time last year. Hell half probably never heard of him. Same with sites like IGN kissing the guys arse yet he failed to make their top 100 games devs just a couple years back.

Exactly. Since the moment they showed off Knack the false praise was borderline obsessive. It's an uninspired run around with a terrible art direction, there's literally nothing to praise. If you want a tech demo for particle effects, make a demo for particle effects. My PSX launch unit came with a Developer Demo CD which showed off various things the PlayStation could do, simply bundle something of that nature instead of financially supporting Cerny's wet dream.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby wude » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:05 pm

phpBB [video]

wude has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:One thing that's not good to hear is people who already have the console including IGN having hardware issues. Seems the day 1 patch might be to blame? As well as faulty HDMi cables among other things like the pads breaking.

I just think it's because we have the internet now where everything can be blown out of proportion. The 360 was bad but before that we never had the internet so unless you knew someone you never heard of problems with consoles. 5 people post online they've had issues and suddenly sites start running a story and it seems like a big problem.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: OL, St. Elmo's Fire
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Watched part 2 a few days back. Jokes. The Majora's Mask one's actually good though.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: wude
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:57 am

So what was the kojima,/sony announcement that was supposed to be made today?
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:39 am

Yokosuka Martian wrote: So what was the kojima,/sony announcement that was supposed to be made today?

Deja Vu exclusive mission for Ground Zeroes. It's a PS1 Snake skin where you rescue Donald Anderson. The guards are all Genome Soldiers. Pretty lame.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming