Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Kenny » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:32 pm

phpBB [video]
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Thief » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:05 am

Raithos wrote:
Thief wrote: Do you ever play Blue Burst on SCHTHACK, Raithos? I'm always down for a game of PSO if you ever wanna do a run or something. I can also play the Gamecube SCHTHACK version online... if you can too... :P

Nah as lame as it sounds I was playing offline lol still fun though. Purely for nostalgia yesterday. I haven't been online with my DC in about 2-3 yrs since my BBA bit the dust. Never had any luck with the dial up modem since then. But I see 29 people are online on SCHTHACK right now. I will make an account there this weekend and see what I can do about getting online. It would be awesome to make some runs!

Nah that's cool, I play it offline all the time :)

If you do decide to make a character feel free to send me a message and we can organize some runs or something. I didn't play much of Blue Burst so I'm not that high, around level 20 or something, so we'd be around the same level. Maybe I could run you through and power level you a little -- as much as I could at such a low level :P
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Why is PS4 only using Bluetooth 2.1 but Wii U using 4.0?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:40 pm

This is kind of new for me, I have no notes to give on the last batch of concept art. Every point on my list was addressed and then some. The main character has a ton of design that goes into her for a lot of weird reasons. The other characters are still interesting, but they all have half their design done, and don't have anywhere near as much meta to how they need to look.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:20 am

Well this is definitely the best I have ever seen Kingdom Hearts look, but even still it has a case of the jaggies. I was curious how clean it was actually gonna look, but I guess its about what you'd expect considering its a PS2 game in HD. I will get back to KH later, I just wanted to check it out. I am very glad we finally got Final Mix, I hope we get KH2 Final Mix.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:40 am

What's funny is KH1 on the disc is not a port. Square lost all the code for the first game so they completely remade it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:51 am

^ Yeah thats what I read, but after playing this a bit, I'm not sure I believe that. I would have figured if it was like that, it would have actually looked like a PS3 game, it certainly doesnt. Or square just made a lazy as fuck remake. Regardless it basically looks like the PS2 game in HD with no graphical enhancements, if they lost all the "code" and had to remake the whole game from scratch you cannot tell.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Apparently they also upgraded some of the textures.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Im just saying I find it hard to believe they remade this from nothing. It looks far too much like the original game for it to be a PS3 remake, I mean just look at the trees in destiny island, they look like blobs of green with lttle leaf shapes in it, like the original game, and they are jagged to all hell. Or the giant heartless you fight at the beggining of the game he looks exactly the same, just in HD. Hell even the the character models motions and demeanor are the same, stiff stick figure like like most of the PS2 era. All I know is something doesnt add up here. Still the game looks great in HD compared to the original game, I just dont think they remade it from scratch, but who knows.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:48 pm

They didn't remake it from nothing, they just replaced some textures, animations and redid the code from scratch

On another note there are some really good deals on psn at the moment, got corpse party for only 2.80£
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:18 pm

south carmain wrote: They didn't remake it from nothing, they just replaced some textures, animations and redid the code from scratch

Yeah, I dont know what all that consists of, maybe segata can explain?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:20 pm

south carmain wrote: They didn't remake it from nothing, they just replaced some textures, animations and redid the code from scratch

On another note there are some really good deals on psn at the moment, got corpse party for only 2.80£

Not really, if a copy of the game exists then they can get at the code.

I mean if code was lost completely it'd be a whole other story, I can forget a method I made 10 minutes ago, to remember one that someone else (most of the programmers from KH 1 have moved on) wrote 10 years ago but getting it to play almost exactly the same is kind of...

Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:

Not really, if a copy of the game exists then they can get at the code.

I mean if code was lost completely it'd be a whole other story, I can forget a method I made 10 minutes ago, to remember one that someone else (most of the programmers from KH 1 have moved on) wrote 10 years ago but getting it to play almost exactly the same is kind of...

dunno, I was just going by what Ryudo said and animegamer confirmed it. all I personally read about was the change of animations and textures
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:38 pm

I just tend to take anything S-E says about hardships with a grain of salt. After all the stuff I've seen of how that company works I truly believe stories like the one about Fortress.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I just tend to take anything S-E says about hardships with a grain of salt. After all the stuff I've seen of how that company works I truly believe stories like the one about Fortress.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming