Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:15 am

...serious?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:24 pm

phpBB [video]

Who could it be? It's me Austin!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby lavrentis » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:45 pm

I know its common knowledge about the XBONE now but I had a go on it on Wednesday, a lap of Forza 5. The game itself was meh but I did like the force feedback with the triggers. Only thing that really stood out for me. Does the PS4 controller also have this feature?
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Axm » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:20 pm

^Good timing to ask. Trigger feedback, no I dont think so. Atleast I didnt feel any in the fingers.

So last night I got to visit the Sony Store and find out they have the PS4 on display and demo ready for me to play. So ofcourse I did.

I played Knack and Fifa. Both were very very smooth as I assume were running at 60fps. Graphics while with these titles didnt blow me away or anything, were very nice aswell.

But that controller though.. Wow I am in love. Best controller ever now hands down. Feels like a better fitting version of both the PS3 and 360 controllers meshed into one. The buttons were very good, the touch pad felt at home on the controller, not out of place or akward. The triggers were spot on. Joysticks were very tight and acurate. Dpad while basically the same was slightly smaller and tighter together so I found it easier.

Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:11 am

so im considering getting this right now

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2013/10/a-l ... h-america/

comes out Nov 22, I have been wanting a 3DSXL anyway and this is a pretty pimp one, I like the gold, only thing is im going to cry if I fuck it up or damage it, its gonna become rare as shit one day, maybe I can find a little holding case for it like my Vita has. As it looks right now my Vita and a 3DS would probably see minimal action considering my ps3 and PC (speaking of current anyway), but there are some important games like this zelda, I would want OoT as well, having that in the palm of your hand must be incredible. Also Bravely Default is coming and I definitely wanna check out that game, and then there is also Kingdom Hearts 3D that also looks appealing. Also, I have been saving DQV on DS for when I got a 3DS cause I thinkg their screens will do the game much more justice than my shitty first model ds. 3DSXL PLS.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:27 am

phpBB [video]

Thief has received 2 thanks from: OL, wude
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:19 am

God I hate The Big Bang Theory... so I loved that video. :lol:
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby lavrentis » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:03 am

Think I might actually prefer GTA 4 to GTA 5.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:26 pm

I really miss the PS2 days... I am hoping PS4 can maybe bring everything back. I know its doubtful, and I doubt gaming will ever be that good again. But it seems like the foundation is there with the PS4 to maybe get things back on track after a rocky generation with the PS3.

Just to clarify its not just the PS2 I miss about those days, cube and xbox original I really love also. Just PS2 had the beast ass library, where cube and xbox just kind of dabbled in and had much fewer gems.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:36 pm

It took me awhile to figure out they replaced the laugh track with Tidus' cheap fake laugh. :lol:

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: OL, wude
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:09 pm

yeah they took out the studio audience laugh, and replaced it with Tidus laughing, I think from the laughing scene in FFX *cringes*. And as it was happening i was thinking to myself, why are these jokes funny again? Wait... these are jokes? *confused*
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:22 pm

The official PS4 FAQ has seemed to have done more bad than good.

No external HDD/USB support, no support for custom soundtrack outside of a Music Unlimited subscription, no support for MP3 music or DLNA media servers.

That's a lot of what I use my PS3 for currently, seems like a bit of a downgrade.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Sony is imfamous for cutting features, they have done it with every console they ever released. Course usually they release a console, and then take features out of later models. In this case, some of the original features they wanted to put in the first models didnt make the cut.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:17 am

I dunno.. I'm thinking this was a conscious decision by Sony to make users take more notice of their own service. The fact you need an extra sub to Music Unlimited while you can't use CD's or play MP3 is a bit fishy. Also no DLNA media server means you'd have to use the Video Unlimited store for rentals. You can pretty much counter everything they've removed with their own services. No USB/ext HDD support; just use PS Plus cloud saves etc.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:35 pm

lols good thing I'm a huge fanboy and have a Music Unlimited Subscription.
No DLNA media server sharing sucks though. Id use it to view my picture library from my PC. But as Ryan was saying, they replace it with their own services. Now I'm also using the Play Memories Online photo cloud for syncing photo's too. Which is actually a really great free and unlimited service. But for others well, I don't think many of us are getting rid of our PS3's anytime soon anyways.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming