Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Kenny » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:59 pm

^HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Kenny wrote: Wow.

After playing Tekken Revolution all this time, I finally got back on Tekken Tag 2 and decided to try rank mode for a chance. I used to get my ass HANDED to me and barely won a round. Now, I logged off with a 10+ win streak! No one beat me!

Lili is officially one of my mains now. She and Jin were pretty good. I want to pair her up with Asuka or Devil Jin in the future. Maybe even Leo if I get better with her.

Reading this makes me nervous.

lol

I won't play my best characters (Jin, Lili, Asuka). I'll probably play Leo since i'm still learning her.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Remember, Kenny will make you rage quit in tekken. I know how it is though, I was playing magic the gathering at the card shop last week and I beat this guy 2 wins to 1 and he forfeit the whole tournament after the first round... Im ruthless in magic though, I play to win.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:21 pm

It's ow in full cycle. Capcom messed up DMC,RE and Mega Man and Viewtiful Joe All are getting a re birth bye the series creators.

Inafune is working on Mighty No 9 which is Mega Man

Kamyia is working on Bayonetta 2 which is the new DMC series

Mikami is working on The Evil Within which is an evolved Resident Evil 4

PG games Wonderful 101 is the new Viewtiful Joe

So all those series are back and coming back. Just don't have the brand name but have the soul.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:40 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Remember, Kenny will make you rage quit in tekken. I know how it is though, I was playing magic the gathering at the card shop last week and I beat this guy 2 wins to 1 and he forfeit the whole tournament after the first round... Im ruthless in magic though, I play to win.

I never rage quit now man. Not since my days on Unreal Championship on Xbox Live. And that was only because I expected to win. In this case, though.. :-k
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:06 pm

I only played in a Magic tournament once -- when I was in middle school. I beat the guy and he through his cards at me. I stuck to playing with just my friends from then on.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Thief » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Sorry for the double post but... eh whatever

phpBB [video]
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:50 pm

A happy fatty named Ryudo reached for his laptop bag to crab his PlayStation Vita. To enjoy some gravity Rush. He turns it on but the screen stays black? My whatever could be Wrong? Ryudo then looks at the corner of his Vita and notices a cute little spiderweb..aww..BUT WAIT!? That is no spiderweb! The screen! THE SCREEN IS BROKEN!

All is lost! why god whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?! But then Ryudo remembers he has a warranty! I reads it with a puttering heart. Then he reads the dreaded words he did not want to hear. Not covered in accidents. A tear is shed.Ryudo has another idea! Call repair! After being on hold with music from shrillex having a seizure the nice Sony rep says oh sure will repiar that for only 120$!. Ryudo hangs up. He puts his Vita back in the box it came with as he rememers all the happy times. As he marches to the Vita's burial with the march

phpBB [video]

But suddenly the door swings open and...
phpBB [video]

Then he apologizes and says wrong funeral.I then take a step out the door to go bury my little friend. The phone rings
phpBB [video]

They ask how I am. Ryudo's says he is ok but holding a funeral. A funeral for whom? PSvita. And filled them in. They say fear not citizen! I will pay for your Vita repairs! As an early Christmas gift! Oh really! No follin! They say for sure! Vita shall rise again!

All is well time to party!
phpBB [video]

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Axm
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yama » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:33 am

In getting ready for next gen (and simply keeping away from clutter), I cleaned my gaming shelf. With that I placed a ton of games in crates (which I can walk upstairs and get, but still) which consisted of pretty much my entire PSX, SS (JP), PS2 and GC library. Somehow though, despite being only newer consoles, my entire Dreamcast library is still on the shelf. I'm not entirely sure if it's because so many of these other titles are playable digitally or if it's just pure bias. I think I'm leaning towards the later option. Damn I love the Dreamcast.

Yama has received a thanks from: Axm
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Just realized this but Xbox One is pretty much what Microsoft wanted in 2001 with the HP Windows Xp media Center PC. It was so rough then as the tech was not quite there nor the market. They wanted it to be THE box in te living room. They also tried it with Original Xbox with it being able to play movie on DVD and rip music but again Market and tech not quite there. 360 while had media options was marketed as a gaming machine and a living room machine but mainly games so they shifted a little at first than later 360 was shown as an end all living room box.

Now Xbox One is what they wanted with Windows Media Center and Xbox in 2001. Thing is now what I believe the issue is the kinda tech s so readily avail it can be in anything. Smart TV,Roku,Apple TV and other consoles can do the same stuff. Plus the living room is not the only place people gather anymore but mobile devices and such. So MS always was trying to create this market but without MS help the market began anyway but MS kept misfiring when to re introduces themselves as the sole box for it. Now there is no such thing as just one device for all. Everyone has multiples so XBO seems a bit lost..and now just another games console. What people buy it for but not what MS wanted people to buy it for as the #1 reason.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:03 am

I'm Disciple rank in TTT2 now. Shit just got REAL.

Now I'm up against people who STUDY this shit. Not play, not try different things and see what works. NO. STUDY. Like they know every move I'm going to make and counter with all sort of CRAZY Tag combos. Holy fuck. And some people go solo on this thing! Insanity!

Kenny has received a thanks from: Thief
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:18 am

This no longer looks like just an Ico-clone to me. Sure, there are fixed camera angles, and you play as a young boy, and whatever other similarities you might want to bring up... but it has its own identity. It has its own feel.
I like it. I hope it doesn't remain strictly digital forever.

phpBB [video]

OL has received 2 thanks from: Henry Spencer, wude
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:14 am

phpBB [video]

Shake! Shake! Got to love those random, obsure, weird PSX games. :spinnn:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:29 pm

OL wrote: This no longer looks like just an Ico-clone to me. Sure, there are fixed camera angles, and you play as a young boy, and whatever other similarities you might want to bring up... but it has its own identity. It has its own feel.
I like it. I hope it doesn't remain strictly digital forever.

phpBB [video]

It's more similar to Lost in Shadow than Ico
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:02 pm

Anything with bloom lighting and a minimalist concept doesn't make it an ico knock off, this isn't even the same palette. Ico is a good early example of a lot of things, but just because a game uses one or two concepts from it that doesn't make it a knockoff. Is every platformer with a scrolling background a mario knockoff? I just mention it because people go for games like Lost in shadow and surprisingly rain for being knockoffs but they do a lot to be different especially when it comes to gameplay.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Anything with bloom lighting and a minimalist concept doesn't make it an ico knock off, this isn't even the same palette. Ico is a good early example of a lot of things, but just because a game uses one or two concepts from it that doesn't make it a knockoff. Is every platformer with a scrolling background a mario knockoff? I just mention it because people go for games like Lost in shadow and surprisingly rain for being knockoffs but they do a lot to be different especially when it comes to gameplay.

Not tryng to knock OL here but he seems to shut things down if they resemble Ico as "knockoffs" and then won't try them. Even that new PS4 game first trailer he shuns it as a ico knockoff but if he checked out more footage it's nothing like it. Lost in Shadow as you mention is nothing like ico other than maybe the trailers with the visual similarities on the surface. Play the game and it's a very different game. Sure I feel if you play t you can help a team ico type game void but the game is very much Lost in Shadow and not Ico and a good game to boot..is it an excellent game..no but darn good with a few rough edges..
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming