Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:57 pm

In a bit of a gaming funk. With all this news about Shenmue HD Collection, and all these rumors about a Xenosaga HD collection, and me hearing about all the Xenogears and Xenosaga references and character appearances in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and with Yakuza 6 having just dropped. Those series are really all I even want to play right now, and I am unable to play any of them at the moment... so yeah, feels awkward to not want to play any of the games I have at my disposal atm.

I'll just keep on watching YouTube videos about the Xeno series lore and world and how each game can be connected, I just find it fascinating how deep this series goes and how all the references in each game can connect them all, and not to mention the crazy complicated themes presented in this series. I am frothing at the mouth wanting to play Xenoblade 2 right now... I DONT EVEN HAVE A SWITCH

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Haruto
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Tue May 01, 2018 10:21 pm

myshtuff wrote: My wife and I just got tickets to E3 this year. I am pretty excited to go especially with last night's Shenmue HD announcement. I will definitely be stopping by Sega's booth to see what merchandise they have to buy. Can't wait.

I'll give you an ear lobe massage if you take me with you! :-o
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Haruto » Wed May 02, 2018 8:40 pm

A streamer I like was playing Breath of the Wild a couple weeks ago and got me in the mood to pick it back up after a year. I got side tracked with Persona 5,Nier Automata,Gravity Rush,Y0 and a bunch of PS4 games at that time Botw came out. I'm not a Zelda fan per say. But my god this game is really something special. I don't want to gush too much but the physics engine total non linearity and something hard to go into detail unless you play it,this is the most freedom I've ever seen in an open world game. It's only as limited as the players imagination to deal with any obstacle. The game doesn't hold your hand in any way. You don't even have to do many puzzles how the game designed them you can think around them sometimes.I believe this game has solved the open world problem with so many games of today. Towers only unlock a region on the map but not icons and checklists. This game encourages you to explore and heck if you wanted to you can go to the final boss right away...but you better be some sort of pro gamer or speed runner with insane skills. Getting to Gannon is tougher than Gannon himself. Anyway I'm gushing too much. I think even though there are many good games on Switch right now this is the game to own the system for and even for non Zelda skeptics.

I just recently killed my first Lynel and it was the most dark souls feeling of accomplishment since Dark Souls despite the fact I have done a lot in this game. Now I'm killing guardians like they are my bitch. I don't know if I will ever get that way with Lynels.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Coromasta » Thu May 03, 2018 2:52 am

Plugged in the old ps3 and replayed God of war 3 on titan(hard) mode, after almost 8 years I'm gonna beat this!
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta

Postby shredingskin » Thu May 03, 2018 9:15 am

The new unity HD pipeline is basically Unity admitting that their engine rendering sucks.
Basically no custom shader works with it so most of the people are fucked if they want to switch.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Haruto » Thu May 03, 2018 11:08 am

PS4 is the best console I have owned since Dreamcast.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Haruto » Fri May 04, 2018 6:40 pm

Haruto has received 2 thanks from: OL, Sonikku
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Your Boy Leroy » Mon May 07, 2018 2:35 pm

I just started playing the new God of War. So far, I really dig it. Haven't played any of the series since God of War 2 (and I didn't even beat that one), so hearing that this was sort of a reboot/sequel made it a bit easier for me to start. It's absolutely gorgeous and the presentation will be hard to beat. Still getting used to the combat though.

I don't know, but for some reason, I keep thinking about the Life is Strange games. I bought the first one on PS4 two years ago, played through it once, and didn't give it much thought after. I found it fun and interesting, but that was about it. Then I pre-ordered the limited edition of Life is Strange: Before the Storm for some odd reason, played through that, and now I can't stop thinking about it. And that bonus episode was devastating too.
Your Boy Leroy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: God of War

Postby Riku Rose » Sat May 12, 2018 5:37 pm

I've only played through the original Life is Strange and really enjoyed it so need to play the next one. It's funny you say that as just yesterday for some reason I got the itch to listen to some of the music from it and brought it up on Youtube for some background noise.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Haruto » Sat May 12, 2018 8:21 pm

I never thought I'd play fashion in a Zelda game like you can in many RPGs. So many costumes in Botw and recently just got the Dark Link outfit and 8bit link outfit and thankfully they have different stats and perks. The best one is the Ganonforf from OoT costume. I like the NPCs different reactions to them as well as enemies. Majora's Mask outright scares enemies well most of them. Dark Link and Ganon/Phantom Ganon scare people. The Tingle outfit scares everyone. So they finally realized people int he west dislike him and made NPC's react accordingly.

Haruto has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Sat May 12, 2018 9:45 pm

I wish the amiibo unlocked Link outfits either had better stats, or were easier to upgrade. Such as it is the regular old blue tunic is better. I would mind it a lot less if farming those twilight things that fall out of the sky wasn't such a chore when upgrading your outfits to level 4 quality.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Haruto
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Thu May 17, 2018 10:08 pm

I know there was a poorly-received HD version released last gen (I have it), but this shit still gets me excited as hell. ZOE2 remains one of my favorite games to this day, and as long as there's nothing technically-wonky with the new release, this really does look like the game being brought up to its full potential graphics-wise. I really don't know how you can make it look any better than this, outside of higher resolutions as time goes on. It's friggin beautiful.

phpBB [video]
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Haruto » Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 pm

What's wrong with the PS3 version? I had no issues.

Haruto has received a thanks from: OL
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Fri May 18, 2018 4:03 am

Me neither, but apparently people were whining about... framerate drops or something?
I dunno. Whatever it was, they cleared it up later with patches, but supposedly there were some small graphical sacrifices made in order to get it running smoothly. But there was a big hooplah about it for a while. Ya know how gamers can be.

OL has received a thanks from: Haruto
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Haruto » Sat May 19, 2018 1:00 am

Holy balls! After the excellent Wild Guns Reloaded remake they are hinting at another remake and some ERA users pointing out the logo is similar to Ninja Warriors! My god I hope it's true. The arcade game I hope and not the SNES sequel.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wild-g ... ake.43467/
phpBB [video]

Haruto has received a thanks from: OL
Haruto
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming