Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Haruto » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:27 am

Depressing picture. How is it the most traditionally archaic company on this list more forward thinking than Sony on this issue?

Haruto
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:49 am

^ Just a small issue compared to what they've been delivering so far in this gen. No big deal to me unless I was the type really into grinding collectibles and metagaming.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:08 pm

I dont really get how more games are bad, the switch is selling like hot cakes an in order for that to continue they are putting games on the machine that people want. Why complain about a list of games you probably wont play anyway? Let the people that do want them play them, its not a bad thing and keeps Nintendo alive for longer. Nintendo is finally in a situation (for now) where developers and publishers can actually multiplat games on all 3 consoles which we havent seen since the GameCube and not only that but finally pulling back the veil that their console is children oriented, but now its too much? I am happy for them, DO YOU NINTENDO! =D>

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Haruto
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Jesse » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:07 pm

The story about this E3 to me is the games that weren't there moreso than about the ones that were. The conferences didn't really have any big announcements and it was definitely a departure from past years. With that said with more and more publishers doing their own showcase I suppose I shouldn't been to surprised.
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:21 pm

phpBB [video]

The most humorous trailer of E3 by far, I just love the premise of this entire game. It pokes fun at religion and is total sacrilegious blasphemy and the ensuing after math of the rapture in this game is just nuts, and possible accurate? Its totally dis respectful and we should definitely keep an eye out for christian reviews come launch time, its evil and crosses the line, it makes me smile. :devillaugh:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Haruto » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:21 pm

This was my favorite E3 in years.

DMC5 (warming up to the look)
Metal Wolf Chaos
AC Odyssey
CP 2077
Daemon X Machina
Fist of the North Star

and more. I got 2 mecha games. I'm a mech head. These games will mech America great again!
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Mr.Jigen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:15 pm

BGE 2 is one of my most anticipated games since Shenmue 3 and BOTW I am still waiting for that release date, footage looks great though. Although, I'm not completely into the vibe it gives off feels a bit off.
Mr.Jigen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Onettown
Nintendo FC: Joeython
Steam: ThatOneGuyWhoPlaysGa
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:47 am

Haruto wrote: Depressing picture. How is it the most traditionally archaic company on this list more forward thinking than Sony on this issue?

Is this cross-play? If it is I actually kinda back Sony with this. I'm an Xbox One user and I don't think it works. At least not with first person games.

I play Sea of Thieves and have an immediate disadvantage due to the precision control of a mouse vs the right thumbstick. That makes for unbalanced gameplay, and as such it should be an optional thing.

For Sony to not just jump on the bandwagon seems less like they're bein stubborn/stuck in the past and more like they care about quality assurance.

The thing that does kinda irritate me about Sony and Nintendo though is their refusal to release games on PC. I get that it kinda goes against the idea of having exclusives, but I'd argue that this approach loses more on potential game sales than it gains from console sales. Microsoft do it (for obvious reasons) and SEGA did back when they were still churning out systems... okay that was probably a really bad example, but goddamnit I wanna finally play those Naughty Dog n Quantic Dream games!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Haruto » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:07 am

Sony locks your Epic account on their system. So if you play Fornite on all systems and spent money in the game you are screwed. Sony told no one. Gave no warning. So anyone who made the mistake of playing Fortnite on PS4,they can't play anywhere else. Crossplay should be on all platforms. I have a hard time imagining that Xbox doesn't support mouse and keyboard support. Since last gen about every system could play a USB Keyboard in. I imagine Xbox supports bluetooth for plug in a mouse.

As for not releasing games on PC. Well SEGA was never selling that many consoles. 3DS alone has sold about 20 million more systems than every SEGA system combined. Xbox is trailing far behind Nintendo and Sony in sales. Nintendo and Sony software are selling the best this generation. It doesn't seem to hurt them at all but in fact increasing sales while having everything on PC hasn't helped Xbox sales but hindered them,no real point to own an Xbox. EA has estimated that there is 29 million Xbox systems out there. Sony has reported nearly 80 million PS4's sold and Switch sold nearly 18 million units in 12 months and this fiscal year is expected to ship 20 million. So it's beating Xbox in weekly sales and within a year outsell it entirely at this pace. BotW sold 10 million on Switch. SMO is at 9 million. Splatoon 2 over 6 million. Mario kart 8D is 9 million. TLOU Remastered 17 million. God of War in it's first month sold 5 million. Horizon last I hear at 7 million. For Xbox. Halo 5 was struggling to outsell Splatoon on the Wii U. In theory more places to play for MS is good but in reality it didn't pan out for SEGA nor MS so far. Consumer friendly yes,but its not driving sales. Sony and Nintendo have no motivation to follow MS.

Closest thing is Nintendo is releasing spinoffs of their franchises on mobile. Fire Emblem Heroes and Pokemon Go and some others.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Wish there was a way I could play Forza on PC, thats one of the only xbox exclusive franchises I wish I could play since they actually come out regularly and as much as I like Gran Turismo they come out every 5+ years now, and havent been quite as good since the PS2. Miss my racing simulators.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Haruto » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:24 pm

^ Driveclub is pretty good.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:13 pm

I thought microsoft were releasing forza on pc?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Haruto » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Never played the Jake Hunter series but I almost want to buy it on the boxart alone.

Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:39 pm

south carmain wrote: I thought microsoft were releasing forza on pc?

I was wrong, apparently in 2015 they finally began putting them on PC, around the time my gaming computer glitched out and hasnt been working since, good to know though I totally loved the first game on the original xbox but I havent played the series since (or any racing sims for that matter besides briefly with the PS3 Gran Turismo which was disappointing)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Haruto » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:53 pm

Haruto has received a thanks from: redline
Haruto
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming