Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Sonikku » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:10 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: It wouldnt be right if they stopped making tomb raider on playstation. PS has always been Tomb Raider's main console

Kind of like with Final Fantasy and Nintendo? :P It's all about the bucks and backroom deals my friend. Always has been.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:44 pm

It's actually a very good move from MS' point of view. I wouldn't call it grasping at straws at all, as Sony seem to have the best first-party line-up atm and blatantly have the lion's share of next gen gamers.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:23 pm

Tomb Raider just seems kind of small in the grand scheme of things. I know it has the potential to be a million seller, but it seems like there are other games that could have wiped the floor with this deal, it does seem like microsoft is taking what they can get during a bad time.

Also, I just saw the stats and realized that the PS4 has sold almost 10 million units, the Wii-U is at about 7 million, and Xbox One is dead last at 5 million. Will be interesting to see how things develop over the coming years.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:29 pm

In comparing first year sales to 360, XBO is actually selling at a faster rate.
But PS3 comparred to PS4's?
It's like Jesus himself has influenced the sales. Fastest selling console EVER, faster and more then Wii. And remember how Wii sold its first year? PS4 is destroying Wii's fad phase. And PS4 will actually continue to sell.

XBO I can see having consistant sales throughout the gen but at this point, they lost the sales battle. Historically If you want to beat Sony you have to do it within the first few years cause after that the entire world comes into play, not just the U.S
And Playstation has always dominated worldwide.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:41 pm

so game set and match huh? Well idk about that just yet. But heres hoping this is microsofts last stab at consoles, or atleast the beginning of the end. Sorry, but PC is clearly the best microsoft gaming platform. While I enjoyed the first xbox, it was probably best if MS had just left the console business alone. I like em on PC, its their roots, xbox hasnt even been profitable for them at all, like no net gains since they started the business, all they have done is put themselves in the hole with xbox if im not mistaken.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:14 am

Dooooooooood...
Apparently Dark Horse is going to put out a book call the Dunwall Archives, collecting every single scrap of findable lore text from Dishonored, along with accompanying concept art.
I shit you not, I really was thinking about how cool a book like this would be as I was playing through the game, so the fact that the devs were thinking the same thing and are actually doing it... mind blown. I'll definitely be getting this.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/26-172/D ... rchives-HC
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby lavrentis » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:20 am

Is buying a PS4 actually worth it yet or shall I just wait out until FIFA comes out?
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:31 am

lavrentis wrote: Is buying a PS4 actually worth it yet or shall I just wait out until FIFA comes out?

Is buying a PS4 just for FIFA what you're basically asking? Since it's on everything else, I'd say no. But I don't like sports games..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:19 am

Would someone mind helping me out?

I know who everyone else is in the photo, but who is the Frankenstein looking character and the girl standing next to him? Can't seem to figure it out.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:42 am

That's Zobiko and Zobio. They're from House of the Dead EX, a game that never got released here.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Thief
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Nahovil » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:40 pm

That's one strange-looking Ryo
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Raithos » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:51 pm

What headset are you guys using on your PS4? And how do you like it? I could read reviews all day but would rather hear from you guys. Its been years since I bought a set for console.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Thief » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Raithos wrote: That's Zobiko and Zobio. They're from House of the Dead EX, a game that never got released here.

Ah thank you! It was driving me crazy and I never would've figured that out.

Thief has received a thanks from: Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:45 am

Raithos wrote: What headset are you guys using on your PS4? And how do you like it? I could read reviews all day but would rather hear from you guys. Its been years since I bought a set for console.

For actually listening to games with quality sound I use the Tritton AX Pro's. They do a great job and are true 5.1
Unfortunately it isnt compatable with the PS4 for voice chat though cause it's from the PS3 era and doesnt have the right connectors.
So ill probably be getting Sony's official PS4 Gold headset sometime if I see it for cheap. It's completely wireless for sound/chat and has a profile model app thats customizable from the PS4 itself. It also apparently has long battery life and is light weight. Sound quality is lacking though, but for a 100 bucks it's supposed to be decent.

Axm has received a thanks from: Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Thief » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:21 am

I've come to the unfortunate realization that I just don't really care about videogames much anymore -- I spend too much time looking at games on the internet, reading about them and what not, but I don't really care. I don't want to play them -- even when I try to I quickly lose interest (Shin Megami Tensei IV or Tales of Symphonia recently). The only games that manage to keep my interest recently are the one's I'm trying to speedrun, Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night, and that's because once I start to speedrun them they become more of an illusion of a challenge to improve myself rather than a videogame.

There are games that if they were released I would play them without a moment's hesitation (such as Shenmue) but for right now I just don't care. This fuckin' sucks.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming