Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby OL » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:53 am

That thing is gorgeous.
I'd love to get it, but with Tales of Hearts, AC: Rogue, Guilty Gear Xrd, the Dishonored: Dunwall Archives book, the Cowboy Bebop bluray, and Christmas shopping all coming up, I'm left a bit dry in funds. 100 dollars is a little rich for something extra at the moment I guess. Bummer, because I genuinely do like that Shadow plushie, and I hadn't bought the first KH HD release yet anyway, so getting that and the new one together would have been great.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:28 pm

It sounds like you are battling internally about whether or not to get it, which you totally should. :P
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Just fired up the Crew beta on PS4 and Troy Baker voices the guy Alex you play as. Dude is seriously in everything. The chorus for the song playing is saying "I've got it made, you've got it made" so fitting.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:50 am

Raithos wrote: Just fired up the Crew beta on PS4 and Troy Baker voices the guy Alex you play as. Dude is seriously in everything. The chorus for the song playing is saying "I've got it made, you've got it made" so fitting.

Hows the game? Liking it so far?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Yeah I'm having fun with it so far. It's not revolutionary or anything but its put together very well. The whole experience is pretty seamless, going between story missions and side quests to level up your racer/car and you don't miss a beat. You'll be on your way to a mission and you'll see a marker, run through it and you start one of many little events like speed tests, slalom challenges and other stuff like that. Finishing earns your points to add to your level and parts for your cars. There are tons of cosmetics options for your rides too. So far I've seen street, off road and super car races. I know it doesn't sound very different from other games, but what sets it apart is its really open world. You can literally drive across the country from LA to Detroit then all the way down to Florida without ever hitting a loading screen. Its not to scale of course, but its a DRIVE going from Detroit (first area) to St. Louis. Those are the only two areas I've been to so far story wise but they are drastically different from each other. With the exception of certain 1v1 duels and missions, you can play the entire game with your friends. Even if you have no friends online, when you get to a mission or event if prompts you to select solo or coop, and notifies other racers in the area. More than once I've been driving along and was asked to join street races or help people on runs, and EVERYONE accepts the invite lol. When I get to big events there are hardly any AI controlled cars. I know its most likely since its a beta and tons of people are on it, but it gives hope to how community driven the final product could be. And since Project Cars has been delayed until March, the beta most likely just earned Ubisoft my money come December. You might still be able to sign up for a key http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-us/beta/
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:44 am

So with Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 and some of the other XBO games ive missed, XBO might be my go to system for the next few months. Gotta hand it to MS for pulling through on a great line up this holiday.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:39 pm

I met Jamie Christopherson who did the soundtracks for Metal Gear Rising, Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, Lost Planet 1 & 2, and more.

That was pretty cool.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Did you tell him how much you hated Metal Gear Rising? :P

And its soundtrack? Can't remember what you thought of it, it was pretty damn cheesy.

Still, that is cool, he's definitely talented. I personally like his synth/instrumental tunes in MGRising.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Kenny » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:41 pm

I didn't, but even if I did I doubt he'd give a shit.

He met Kojima a few times and apparently he comes over here to the US offices every now and then.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Rakim has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Kenny, MiTT3NZ, OL
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Kenny wrote:I didn't, but even if I did I doubt he'd give a shit.

He met Kojima a few times and apparently he comes over here to the US offices every now and then.

Well, there ya go, that's your opportunity to meet Kojima and tell him you're the one he wants for the Metal Gear movie. ;-)
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:47 pm

On a Sonic Boom-related note... what's with all the bandages?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Kenny » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:
Kenny wrote:I didn't, but even if I did I doubt he'd give a shit.

Well, there ya go, that's your opportunity to meet Kojima and tell him you're the one he wants for the Metal Gear movie. ;-)

phpBB [video]

Kenny has received a thanks from: Oppy
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:37 am

Met the woman who provided the voice and mocap for Madison Paige in Heavy Rain.

And to the surprise of none of you, she didn't have very nice things to say about Cage. She thought the experience on working on it was great though.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Axm
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:24 pm

I'm convinced that these days and in the future we are seeing virtually every game launch marred by bugs or server issues.
I can hardly name a single game ive played that didnt have a day one patch this past year, yet still had issues for the first month before being patched again.

I'm not saying I wont still buy a game at launch if its something I have the time, money and desire for but these days my number one concern is turning into, is the game ratchet or not?

Does the multiplayer work? Is the frame rate atleast 30fps? Will my save get erased? Is the in-game economy or game play itself unbalanced? Are the npc's ok? Is it long enough to warrent the money? Is their FUCKING day one DLC and so much DLC coming that I should just wait for a "complete/gold/goty/remastered edition"

Its really getting out of hand. These devs and publishers are throwing quality QA time out the window and focusing way too much on releasing on time then fixing known bugs they absolutely KNOW QA testers have reported in their hours and hours of testing.

:mad:
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming