Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Thief » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:21 am

You may now call me Mighty No. 14324
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:20 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I dont think some of you understand, there is no guarantee i can get one of the 3ds at target, it will be black friday they might sell out before I can even get one, my pre-order is guranteed.

How high a priority is gaming to you? Does it come before living costs? Does buying yourself a game come before buying Christmas presents for your family/friends/significant other? Do you absolutely have to play it as soon as it comes out, or can it wait?

If your budget can barely manage to buy this, then why not do the smart thing and save your money? Add a little more to it each week or month and you might end up getting it a little cheaper down the line. Unless of course all copies of the game have a timed killswitch that automatically switches on within a few weeks, in which case, I wouldn't waste my money.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Axm, OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby south carmain » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:34 am

was looking at a PSVitaTV review, god sony fucked that up hard

-only 1/4 vita games are compatible
-most apps are not compatible including youtube and skype(there isn't a netflix app for vita either)
-only compatible with Japanese PSNs

if anyone plans on importing it I would strongly recommend waiting to see if they fix these issues through updates
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Raithos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:26 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I dont think some of you understand, there is no guarantee i can get one of the 3ds at target, it will be black friday they might sell out before I can even get one, my pre-order is guranteed.

Nah we do understand, but if money is tight then I would go the cheapest route or not go it at all to be honest. Like MiTT3NZ said, if it could possibly impact living costs or your holiday buying for others don't do it. The Zelda one is functionally no different than the regular 3DS XL, than you can possibly get for much cheaper. I am going to wake up, smoke down, fill my thermos with coffee and head to Target blitzed and try to get my own 3DS XL for cheap. If I don't manage to get one then, I would rather pay 240 later (maybe cheaper) for my color of choice plus a physical game, then pay 220 for a gold one and a digital copy of a Zelda title and possibly be hurting for money. Plus look how long the 3DS has been out, they were everywhere last year on Black Friday. This year should hopefully be no different.

That's just my two Gil.

Raithos has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:32 am

Thief wrote: You may now call me Mighty No. 14324

nah, don't really feel like it.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Axm » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:36 am

Ya thats true AG I actually bought my 3DS at target last year on black friday in the middle of the day and they had tons of the mario land bundled version. You should be cool.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:02 pm

i guess my biggest worry is that this bundle is gonna be worth alot later, and i'll be kicking myself I didnt keep it. Plus the gold XL... so sexy. I'll figure it out tomorrow. I already put $25 on my pre-order, plus I have some cash I have been saving up to help stabilize my bank account, cause the rest would go on my check card.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Going to get a Wii U for Christmas...my first dip into the "next gen" pool (which I suppose is now "current gen"?) unless you include handhelds like 3DS and Vita.

Probably going to get Wii Sports Club and Wonderful 101. I know I'm definitely going to be getting Zelda: Wind Waker HD though, since it's so good. Anyway, looking forward to see how much of an improvement over the Wii and Gamecube it is - since it is sort of a hybrid between the two systems from where I see it.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:45 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: i guess my biggest worry is that this bundle is gonna be worth alot later

It probably won't. And even so, do you actually invest to sell, or do you just use the "it'll be worth something" thing as an excuse to collect?

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Axm
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:10 pm

So I talked to my buddy who has the Zelda OoT 3DS, apparently that bundle goes for $450 on amazon, and the ebay prices are even more crazy. Im sure this bundle will have a similar value, also the Zelda DS Lite gold system is worth a bit too. I'm getting the zelda bundle, I know i'll regret it if i dont.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:10 am

Well then, it's simple isn't it? If you're finding it for half the price of what it's going for elsewhere, buy it, put it up for sale at $10 less than the cheapest one, essentially double your money, then just buy a regular edition with the Zelda game. That way, you make a profit and get to play the game.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:39 am

Nah im keeping it, I already have a few zelda items are worth some money they will look great side by side together. My collectors itch made me cave on the bundle, my bank account will be ok, if I hadnt gotten paid today I wouldnt have been able to get anything at all.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Got my XBox One and just picked up Dead Rising and Ryse and my free FIFA is installing while I customize my dash.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:11 pm

^Please post your impressions, like how the dashboard compares with 360 and the controller impressions. I bet you're mad excited. And I wonder if Crimson Dragon is being unfairly maligned by the press (those reviews are crazy).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming