Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby lavrentis » Sun May 04, 2014 5:54 am

Crimson Ryan wrote: What's the deal with the disk version of Ratchet & Clank Nexus? Does the game come on the disk or is bundled with a download code where you need the disk inserted to start the game? Amazon doesn't make it very clear.

I'm buying it as a gift for my little brother and want to make sure he can trade it in when he's finished with it..

lavrentis wrote: Me and a uni mate are gonna make an android game, something along the lines of a battle game in an arena on a platform with powerups lol I know its been done but we're mainly doing it for the experience to start.

Got a job recently as a software developer as well, mainly in PHP and all the other languages that go with it (PHP dev's know the score) but some other ones like Java etc

Keep your groovin, man!

A friend of mine started to make an XBLA game using XNA Studio a year or so ago.

I had a dabble with XNA in about 2011, it was good. I don't think it's supported now though.

Me and my uni pal are more doing it for the experience than the money, we might even give it away.

It's not an original game, concept atm is just a fighting type game inside an arena with a platform with poweups. Like I said not original but should be fun to make
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun May 04, 2014 6:39 am

lavrentis wrote:I had a dabble with XNA in about 2011, it was good. I don't think it's supported now though.

Me and my uni pal are more doing it for the experience than the money, we might even give it away.

It's not an original game, concept atm is just a fighting type game inside an arena with a platform with poweups. Like I said not original but should be fun to make

I got the impression XNA wasn't the easiest software to work with. But he was also hindered as a one-man team on a hobbyist project.

You'd be surprised if you put the finished game up for 69p or thereabouts. People (me, especially) think so little of impulse buying mobile games these days. Best of luck with it. When you make it, I'll bag a copy..

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: lavrentis
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby lavrentis » Sun May 04, 2014 6:41 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:
lavrentis wrote:I had a dabble with XNA in about 2011, it was good. I don't think it's supported now though.

I got the impression XNA wasn't the easiest software to work with. But he was also hindered as a one-man team on a hobbyist project.

You'd be surprised if you put the finished game up for 69p or thereabouts. People (me, especially) think so little of impulse buying mobile games these days. Best of luck with it. When you make it, I'll bag a copy..

Wow cheers man, appreciate the support. Will bear that in mind as well, cheers
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Giorgio » Sun May 04, 2014 10:58 am

I hear people find Okami blatantly boring as they find Shenmue the same thing, so now I want to obsessively play Okami and I feel I already love it. - Go to the deeps of abyss gaming industry and get some mature mentality you bumpkins of gamers with your quick bursts of adrenaline impulses.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon May 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Game Sack, one of the YouTube channels I found through Rakim, recently made an episode on Neo Geo. I hadn't heard much of it at all during the time it was supposedly available. Was it really competing with N64 and PlayStation?

The system although niche, really seemed to gave some top quality arcade ports to its name. Metal Slug, King of Fighters, Fatal Fury and Samurai Shodown caught my eye. Can't remember how I got them, but I have a few Neo Geo titles on my download list. Be sure to give them a go..

I've also found a beautifully shot short cinematic on various Neo Geo systems and games.

phpBB [video]
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon May 05, 2014 12:47 pm

All of those SNK games are classics and experiencing them for the first time, man, if you like those old school Japanese arcade games, you're in for a real treat.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Mon May 05, 2014 5:11 pm

Would have been nice if SNK had continued to re-release their old arcade and NeoGeo game in collected form. Their Samurai Shodown, Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, King of Fighters, and Metal Slug collection were all excellent, but the slightly less-specific SNK Arcade Classic was a little blah. Not that the games on it were bad, it's just that too many of them were just repeats from other collections, and the rest weren't exactly the most interesting of the SNK library. Would have been nice to see more, so even us mere mortals who never got a NeoGeo could play them. I'd really love to try Rage of Dragons, myself.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Tue May 06, 2014 11:26 am

Giorgio wrote: I hear people find Okami blatantly boring as they find Shenmue the same thing, so now I want to obsessively play Okami and I feel I already love it. - Go to the deeps of abyss gaming industry and get some mature mentality you bumpkins of gamers with your quick bursts of adrenaline impulses.

I'm not sure I would call it boring but I played about the first hour or two of Okami and it didn't grab me. Not really sure why but nothing in the game really stood out to me like it seems to for those who love it. I'll go back and give it another go one day since I got the HD version with PS+.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Kenny
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Tue May 06, 2014 5:45 pm

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of Okami either. It seemed nice and all but it didn't grab me.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:01 am

I remember loving Okami, but never beating it. I know it was a very long game, but I put around 30 hours into it, and it was such a spectacular and polished game. There are many zelda comparisons, but this game is so much deeper than zelda, not to take away anything from zelda I mean they are very different as much as they are the same, but okami's gameplay runs circles around zelda. Very fun game.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed May 07, 2014 8:50 am

phpBB [video]

This how I feel when someone backs http://www.beatdowncity.com

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Axm
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Giorgio » Sat May 10, 2014 7:40 am

phpBB [video]

Still looks impressive.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun May 11, 2014 4:18 am

Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:43 pm

It's so weird to be at this point in life where I want to game and know that playing games will alleviate so much nonsense I'm dealing with right now, but I just can't for the life of me find the time. I feel like I'm being rushed through every day including weekends.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:42 am

http://wiiudaily.com/wp-content/uploads ... jpg?af4e70

There are some interesting titles on that list. Xenogears: Origins huh? Maybe they actually bought the rights from square and maybe, just maybe all my theories may not have been so far off. Zelda, Symphony of the Night 2, God of War 4, and Uncharted 4 are some of my most looking forward to on that list too.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming