Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby redline » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:31 am

- resident evil 2 remake looks good. would of preferred fixed camera angles and less gloss/sheen textures.

- cyberpunk 2077 is another good looking game but first person rpg? i guess project red know what they are doing.. but another game we will have to wait a few more years for #-o (would love to see some in game footage)

- i would say not including shenmue hd or s3. there is about 8 games im looking forward to.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Miyazaki confirms that neither Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice or Deracine are not one of the "3 major games" From Software is working on that they talked about a year ago (one being a dark fantasy Action RPG, one a new IP that Miyazaki is going to Direct that he described as being "weird" and the third one being a "mech action game").

So that means they have 5 games in the pipeline (6 if you include the re-release of Metal Wolf Chaos). Director of AC5 and Verdict Day confirmed he is working an unannounced project but not saying what it is (AC6!)

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/from-softwa ... evelopment

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:16 am

The amount of interesting games coming out in the next year or two is insane. I think I'm at more than 10 I plan on buying so far (I usually don't buy more than 2 or 3 games new per year)
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:24 pm

^And which are they? I could use some hot tips
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Vyse Hazuky wrote: ^And which are they? I could use some hot tips

-Kiwami 2
-The yakuza reboot which I assume will be coming out next year
-fist of the north star
-the yakuza hd ports (although I probably won't play them straight away but it will be cool to have all the games on one console)
-days gone
-red dead redemption 2
-cyperpunk 2077 (this one might not come out so soon though)
-shenmue hd
-shenmue 3
-death stranding
-kingdom hearts 3
-ghost of tsushima
-RE2 remake

Starfield and beyond good and evil 2 also interest me but I'm waiting to see more first, also no guarantee they release so soon either.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Vyse Hazuky
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Mr.Jigen » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:08 pm

I must be the only person on earth at this point who really isn't big on Death Stranding, guess I'm just weird.
Mr.Jigen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Onettown
Nintendo FC: Joeython
Steam: ThatOneGuyWhoPlaysGa
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Mr.Jigen wrote: I must be the only person on earth at this point who really isn't big on Death Stranding, guess I'm just weird.

I'm curious about what Kojima can do now that he isn't shackled by KONAMI but my interest does stem more from Kojima's reputation than the game itself that I still don't really understand.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Mr.Jigen » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:41 pm

south carmain wrote:
Mr.Jigen wrote: I must be the only person on earth at this point who really isn't big on Death Stranding, guess I'm just weird.

I'm curious about what Kojima can do now that he isn't shackled by KONAMI but my interest does stem more from Kojima's reputation than the game itself that I still don't really understand.

I understand why people are interested, I'm just not a horror guy.
Mr.Jigen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby GYO6161 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:48 pm

I'm with you man. I don't really see the hype. Just as i don't see the hype for most modern games nowadays. Modern gaming really doesn't appeal to me. It baffles me when people say gaming its the best its ever been.

I'm in the middle of my play through on God of War and its such a bore. I can't see myself finishing it ever.

I mostly stick with retro stuff these days. The only things im looking foward to are the Shenmue games and Metal Wolf Chaos XD.

I feel disconnected with the rest of the gaming population. I guess im weird too, heh.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: God of War

Postby Mr.Jigen » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:14 pm

GYO6161 wrote:

I'm with you man. I don't really see the hype. Just as i don't see the hype for most modern games nowadays. Modern gaming really doesn't appeal to me. It baffles me when people say gaming its the best its ever been.

I'm in the middle of my play through on God of War and its such a bore. I can't see myself finishing it ever.

I mostly stick with retro stuff these days. The only things im looking foward to are the Shenmue games and Metal Wolf Chaos XD.

I feel disconnected with the rest of the gaming population. I guess im weird too, heh.

I do like a lot of modern games so we differ on that, Just not really buying Death Stranding I don't usually think a name alone is enough to sell a game unless they prove it to me time and time again, even if it is Kojima.
Mr.Jigen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby GYO6161 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:51 am

Mr.Jigen wrote:
GYO6161 wrote:

I do like a lot of modern games so we differ on that, Just not really buying Death Stranding I don't usually think a name alone is enough to sell a game unless they prove it to me time and time again, even if it is Kojima.

Ah gotcha. Yeah i guess i'm a strange case then. If it wasnt for Shenmue III i probly wont even be aware of the modern gaming landscape or own modern systems tbh. Heh.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: God of War

Postby Mr.Jigen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:46 am

Not necessarily are you weird. I guess I just don't want to generalize an entire era, the way I see it there were turds then and there are turds now. I've had many great experiences from modern titles. It's just never been the way I've though about it but, if that's your opinion, I respect it.
Mr.Jigen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby OL » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:45 am

I love surrealism, so Death Stranding has had that on me up to now. But with the latest trailer, it's actually starting to make some kind of sense. The most interesting thing being the use of the babies that the characters are always carrying with them. Based on the trailer, it seems they actually serve as a weird explanation for the use of "extra lives" in videogames.
The babies are literally clones of the people carrying them, so if the person gets attacked by the enemies in the game (which seem to be able to rapidly speed up time for whatever they touch) then the character dies, while the clone baby grows into adulthood, thus serving as a more logical means of revival. It's just a really cool, fascinating little sci-fi concept. I love shit like that.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:44 pm

This tickled me:

phpBB [video]
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Here's a two week trial code for PlayStation Plus: 9NK9-AMNF-3P3N.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming