XBox One[80]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:21 pm

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/26/426878 ... ments-live

Sources tell Polygon that the next Xbox will indeed have some form of an always-on requirement. That will be both to support the suite of non-gaming entertainment applications that will be launched alongside the console, like streaming video services, but also as a possible anti-piracy tool. Currently, the console will support digital rights management and anti-piracy checks using an internet connection. Under Microsoft's current guidelines, which may still be changed, the decision of whether a game will require an internet connection to work and if that is a one-time authentication or a constant connection, will be left up to individual publishers.

If its a 1 time only thing i have 0 problems with that but then it still could screw people without the net. Not sure how many gamers around the world don't have some sort of connection?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed May 01, 2013 11:33 am

Peter Molyneux has a mystery role.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... veal-event

What ever it is? Will probably disappoint most.

Console to be called XBox Fusion?

http://fusible.com/2013/04/will-microso ... nt-to-yes/

Prefer XBox Infinite myself but Ive never bought/not bought a console because of its name.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 am

I'd like for all 3 to stop calling it the same damn name as the previous console with just a sub name or number behind it. Come on. Master System,Genesis,Neptune,Pluto,Saturn,Nomad,Dreamcast,Turboduo,Wonderswan,Vita,3DS,DS,Game Boy and Heck the first time we had PlayStation it sounded cool. Yeah I know Brands and such and people would be confused blah blah. Fuck them. Get some creativity back in these names. Wii U bleck,Xbox bleck Playstation 1234 bleck.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Perfect_Chaos
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed May 01, 2013 1:17 pm

I don't mind XBox or Playstation but Nintendo need to get rid of Wii.

Will be at the event.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQEbPn36m1c[/youtube]

Yes Ryudo we know you don't care about COD but millions of people do
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed May 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Was not even going to say anything.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Giorgio » Wed May 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Peter Molyneux has a mystery role.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... veal-event

What ever it is? Will probably disappoint most.

Console to be called XBox Fusion?

http://fusible.com/2013/04/will-microso ... nt-to-yes/

Prefer XBox Infinite myself but Ive never bought/not bought a console because of its name.

Both of these names does not sound nice at least to me. I do not have right now an idea for a name, but I would prefer something more catchier/sparky.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed May 01, 2013 6:51 pm

I'll just take a moment to thank Infinity Ward for making a new game engine for Call of Duty after only eight years =D>
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed May 01, 2013 9:41 pm

..I actually liked that CoD teaser. Won't be playing the game but was a cool teaser.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Ryudo wrote:I'd like for all 3 to stop calling it the same damn name as the previous console with just a sub name or number behind it. Come on. Master System,Genesis,Neptune,Pluto,Saturn,Nomad,Dreamcast,Turboduo,Wonderswan,Vita,3DS,DS,Game Boy and Heck the first time we had PlayStation it sounded cool. Yeah I know Brands and such and people would be confused blah blah. Fuck them. Get some creativity back in these names. Wii U bleck,Xbox bleck Playstation 1234 bleck.

Just Yesterday i was telling my friend the exact same thing.

Perfect_Chaos has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu May 02, 2013 11:06 am

Peter Molyneux on the next Xbox: “I don’t want another way of looking at Facebook”

Microsoft should concentrate on games rather than chase the ‘connected entertainment’ dream with its next Xbox, says 22cans boss Peter Molyneux.

The former creative director of Microsoft Games Studios told us that he is keeping a close eye on his former employers’ movements, but isn’t sure what its intentions are with the next Xbox.

“I’m going to be absolutely fascinated to see what they finally come out with, because I kind of knew a lot when I was at Microsoft about what their plans were, and plans change and aspirations change. I’m sure they’ll have put a lot of time and thought and rehearsal into that press briefing, but I’m going to be fascinated to see what the hardware is, and how it will fit into this new world that we’re in now – this new world of hyper-connectivity, of super-portability. Or whether they’ll double-down and say ‘you know what? We are the games console, and that’s what we define ourselves as’ and say [they] don’t really care about hyper-connectivity or hyper-portability. It’ll be fascinating which way they jump.”

Molyneux would prefer to see Microsoft adopt the latter approach – that is, to concentrate on making the next Xbox a games console first, and an entertainment hub second.

“This is my personal feeling as a gamer,” he continued. “What I would do is double-down on what this console is for: it’s for playing games. It’s for playing console games for this massive, incredibly loyal audience of gamers out there. When they start to mix all this other stuff in there I’m kind of slightly like: ‘look, I don’t want another way of looking at Facebook’. You know, I’ve got all the ways of looking at Facebook. I don’t want another way of looking at Netflix. Just give me what I’ve paid my £299 for, and that is to play amazing, incredible computer games.”

“There’s always this talk about making consoles ‘input one’ on the TV,” he added. “It’s the fight over moving from it being your Sky box to your Xbox or PlayStation 4, and for me, as a gamer, I don’t want that. I want my ‘input two’ to be my games console, and I just think all that stuff tends to confuse it.”

http://www.edge-online.com/news/peter-m ... -facebook/

@aarongreenberg @e3expo let me guess Microsoft will be showing COD, Kinect, and useless apps

Aaron Greenberg Aaron Greenberg ‏@aarongreenberg@stoopkidrobvee @e3expo ha, nope...keep guessing.

Lucid ‏@LucidGamesLtd

So yeah, Mid-May will be interesting for the studio. We have some exciting updates coming. Stay tuned!
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu May 02, 2013 1:24 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote:
Ryudo wrote:I'd like for all 3 to stop calling it the same damn name as the previous console with just a sub name or number behind it. Come on. Master System,Genesis,Neptune,Pluto,Saturn,Nomad,Dreamcast,Turboduo,Wonderswan,Vita,3DS,DS,Game Boy and Heck the first time we had PlayStation it sounded cool. Yeah I know Brands and such and people would be confused blah blah. Fuck them. Get some creativity back in these names. Wii U bleck,Xbox bleck Playstation 1234 bleck.

Just Yesterday i was telling my friend the exact same thing.

One would think with all the overwhelmingly negative reaction to the name Wii that a new console would be just as good an opportunity as any to get off the hook with a completely different name. Heck, even if the Wii name had been well received, calling it something different at least would have moved potential buyers away from the idea that it's an "upgrade" to the original wii and not an entirely new machine.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu May 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Well people may not have liked the name but it sold just under 100M so in that it makes sense to keep the name. I don't think the name is to blame for the U's poor sales. Despite how Nintendo are trying to spin it now i doubt many if any are confused about if its a new console or an upgrade.

Nintendo have just messed it up since day 1 and their big game was a port of a 3DS game :???: It hasn't got the titles that helped the Wii sell.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon May 06, 2013 11:31 am

Rare and Lucid Games working on a new racer? PGR5?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/14/project ... developer/

Microsoft: Next Xbox will work even when your Internet doesn’t

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/m ... et-doesnt/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby white lotus » Mon May 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Even though I'm (probably) going with the PS4, I still want to see this. I wish this new Xbox is more like the original Xbox. More original, unique games. I wish it wasn't just the all Gear/Halo/Forza/COD-box that the 360 is and they put more than just shitty shooters on it.

Also, Microsoft, ditch the Kinect, please. No one wants that.
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue May 07, 2013 11:10 am

The funny thing about that is, 24M Kinects sold and from the sounds of it the PS4 will come with Its kinect like camera

http://uk.playstation.com/ps4/

Pushing The Boundaries Of Play

Prepare to be amazed as the DUALSHOCK 4 controller combines with the PlayStation 4 camera to create brand new experiences. Look out for in-built motion sensors, more precise dual analog sticks and touch controls. Add in a dual lens camera which can sense the depth of the environment in front of it and track the location of the controller for boundless gaming possibilities.

Both should keep them optional IMO.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming