XBox One[80]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat May 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Nah, WRC just isn't jumping on the "let's all hate MS coz of things that haven't been 100% officially confirmed" bandwagon. At the end of the day, none of us will know just how good or bad any of this shit will be until about a year after it's release. He's actually being the most level-headed and showing a heavy dose of common sense by not jumping to conclusions and not making mountains out of molehills that might not even exist.

MiTT3NZ has received 3 thanks from: Kenny, Who Really Cares?, Yokosuka Martian
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 25, 2013 12:58 pm

I love you.

But would people feel sorry for that Orth if the new XBox did end up being online only?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Yama » Sat May 25, 2013 1:07 pm

The one thing that can be judged is general direction, which by all means is far from impressive thus far. We can only judge a focus based on what is presented after all. Like I've been saying since the beginning though, let's wait until E-3. I want to see games and confirmations. Like anyone we all have our preferences, though I personally have no problem supporting anything and everything so long as it gives me a legitimate reason to. It's pretty obvious where most of the gaming community stands at the moment, but E-3 means a lot more this year than it ever has in the past, so let's see what happens and most of all what is shown.

Yama has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Kenny » Sat May 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I just love that everyone who is hating on this console and bitching about it will one day own one anyway.

Which ultimately comes down to the exclusives. Thankfully, lots of games on the 360 and PS3 are cross platform. If all this crap is true and several years down the line some killer IPs are introduced, I'm hoping for them to be on the PS4.

And that's assuming Sony doesn't push the same shit (they love to imitate) and MS doesn't decide to abandon ship on these gimmicks.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Sony have their camera as well which I'm guessing comes with the console as surely the sensor on the pad needs it?

Yama wrote: The one thing that can be judged is general direction, which by all means is far from impressive thus far. We can only judge a focus based on what is presented after all. Like I've been saying since the beginning though, let's wait until E-3. I want to see games and confirmations. Like anyone we all have our preferences, though I personally have no problem supporting anything and everything so long as it gives me a legitimate reason to. It's pretty obvious where most of the gaming community stands at the moment, but E-3 means a lot more this year than it ever has in the past, so let's see what happens and most of all what is shown.

It was badly done and we didn't need a 15 minute demo on TV switching but MS did say they would do this and focus on games at E3 which they now have to back up. They have already teased the 15 exclusives and i believe they said 7 of those are launch titles? And again, A game by Remedy \:D/

Both will push multimedia next gen like this gen [Sony bundled Blu Ray movies with just about all PS3's bundles when i got mine as they tried and push the format]. But the end of the day the people that buy a console at launch are gamers and both need to deliver.

I don't even hate that i can watch TV on my 360 as I use the Sky app a lot but that could also be a sign that this gen has dried up on games that i want to be playing.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat May 25, 2013 1:15 pm

I just love the clever pictures that are bashing Microsoft. Like WRC, It's a wait n see for me. But man, are these pics funny.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat May 25, 2013 1:25 pm

Yama wrote: The one thing that can be judged is general direction, which by all means is far from impressive thus far. We can only judge a focus based on what is presented after all. Like I've been saying since the beginning though, let's wait until E-3. I want to see games and confirmations. Like anyone we all have our preferences, though I personally have no problem supporting anything and everything so long as it gives me a legitimate reason to. It's pretty obvious where most of the gaming community stands at the moment, but E-3 means a lot more this year than it ever has in the past, so let's see what happens and most of all what is shown.

Look at you and your lah-de-dah hyphens. You've been hanging with the wrong crowd, sonny.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat May 25, 2013 1:41 pm

Its microsofts own damn fault for trying to play god/big brother with this console, implementing shitty ideas making it so only certain ppl can even play the damn thing. Apparently the xbox team is the new Abercrombie and Fitch.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat May 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:See this is why I'm sure most people on the net don't read. MS have said you can play games offline. Phil Harrison was asked a question about online and said he believed you need to be online once every 24 hours but MS soon dismissed that.
I also find it funny that the ones moaning about an online console are....People always online :lol:

Too many people are also assuming too much rather than simply waiting for MS/Sony to confirm stuff.

Bro im pretty sure the record has been set strait by MS about it already with the multiple confirmations by many different people that the used games will have DRM in which MS gets paid no matter when you buy your full price fee included used games at retail or sell/give a game to a friend to play on his profile. And that the console does have to be online every 24 hours to work.
These are restrictions. They are reasons to moan and as consumers we need to care, voicing our opinions in the dojo and with MS when we can.
You already get this though. You're just too into Xbox to pull yourself together in thinking, hey maybe MS is a company and does desire profits over my wants.
And if Sony was doing the same thing you're damn right id be critical of them too.
Funny thing is ive been warning everyone here that this was going to happen eventually and everyone would always tell me "waaa they would never do that it would kill them" Well it happened and I can tell everyone I told you so. I just always thought it would be Sony first but aparently not, they are leaving that up to the publishers. While sony's first party games have been confirmed by themselves that they would not introduce DRM. So in that situation we can only blame the 3rd party publishers when they do it.
imo Id rather not support MS enforcing DRM while Sony makes it optional, and to what degree we dont know. But again, atleast Sony is being honest and rightous to the consumer here, they have obligations to their partners requests but they arent taking part in it.
Something tells me 3rd party publishers are taking a big part in pushing MS and Sony to inact these policies. Only one 1st party is taking part in it themselves too.

Axm has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Sat May 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Ryudo wrote: WRC is the only one in this topic defending MS with every breath. They should hire you as PR.

Or his trying to start a conversation about things rather then just crying like a baby over stuff that's not confirmed non stop, keep posting about how he doesn't want one or making the same 'joke' about the Remedy game being no different to an FMV one.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Axm » Sat May 25, 2013 2:53 pm

The problem we face is not has it been confirmed or not, it HAS been confirmed by people in MS multiple times infact, but now Major Nelson, who's basically just a PR face wants to ease the blow by saying its not confirmed and giving MS time to back track on their multiple statements and interviews where they blow the lid.
Thats the only reason this thread and multiple threads like it across every gaming forum have been going on like this. Because once one person says they arnt doing something it draws everything else into question. Even though I have no doubt about it as its come from MS corporate heads and id believe them over a PR lacky any day.
But okay we will wait till E3 to probably see the same shit we have been seeing.

Axm has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Sat May 25, 2013 2:58 pm

The system is most likely 6 months away from hitting shelves. I don't see why everyone is in a rush to dismiss it so quickly. Just wait until all the answers are out officially. Part of the reason we are getting 20 different answers is because everyone is panicking so much trying to get a final answer when Microsoft have said it hasn't been finalized.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat May 25, 2013 3:00 pm

If people are not supposed to judge XBO then why reveal it. The point of the reveal is to tell people about the future of their product. They made their product look like garbage and then in the press they can't seem to get the story straight. They confirm and deny confirm and deny. Well they did a deal with the NFL? Guess what MS fumbled the ball letting the other team score to win the game. If people are not supposed to gain any opinion on MS next console then why reveal anything.

Nintendo failed at it. (Before its launch at both E3's)

Microsoft failed really bad.

Sony succeeded.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Axm » Sat May 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Riku Rose wrote:The system is most likely 6 months away from hitting shelves. I don't see why everyone is in a rush to dismiss it so quickly. Just wait until all the answers are out officially. Part of the reason we are getting 20 different answers is because everyone is panicking so much trying to get a final answer when Microsoft have said it hasn't been finalized.

When Major Nelson has said it hasnt been finalized. Everyone else in MS has explained it quite clearly.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Sat May 25, 2013 3:13 pm

^I'd hardly say others have explained clearly as no one has any idea what the fuck actually happens with used games other then rough guessing.

Ryudo wrote: If people are not supposed to judge XBO then why reveal it. The point of the reveal is to tell people about the future of their product. They made their product look like garbage and then in the press they can't seem to get the story straight. They confirm and deny confirm and deny. Well they did a deal with the NFL? Guess what MS fumbled the ball letting the other team score to win the game. If people are not supposed to gain any opinion on MS next console then why reveal anything.

Nintendo failed at it. (Before its launch at both E3's)

Microsoft failed really bad.

Sony succeeded.

Because it's a box. That's all a box. You complain about people being fanboys when you're being even worse acting like the system murdered a loved one of yours. As many have said it's not a games console but an entertainment machine that can play games. All I give a fuck about is the games on the thing at the moment and so far Microsoft has said stay tuned which I plan to. Should these 15 games all be shit and I don't care I won't buy one and shut the fuck up rather then cry about it. Just because you're a 'gamer' doesn't mean you should take a company making a product so personally. Microsoft aren't making a console for you. Move on and accept it.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming