Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Postby Monkei » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:37 am

You can now get Quiet back as a buddy:

Some IGN Wiki wrote:UPDATE: Along with the November Software Update, it is now possible to recover Quiet and use her even after completing Mission 45. To do so, replay Mission 11 Cloaked in Silence 7 times. The name of the mission will change to [Reunion] Clocked in Silence. After completing this new mission, Quiet will return to Mother Base and be available to deploy.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:07 am

I've stuck up for Konami so far. At the end of the day video games are a business and it's not the only industry they actually deal in so them pulling out of AAA games wasn't that offensive to me since they probably have talked internally about it more then most of the people who cry about it.

Having said that though I think this was a shitty childish move by them to not let him collect an award:

phpBB [video]

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Rise » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:26 pm

Just ordered this of Amazon along with Fallout 4, was not bothered buying at release.

Played it at a friends once and it rocked.

Just waiting for it to be delivered, I'm so excited to start playing and I will take my damn time playing through Phantom Pain.
Rise
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: MGSV

Postby OL » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:42 pm

This is one of the few games where I'd actually recommend not taking your time with it, but rather playing through the story as quickly as you possibly can. The gameplay is indeed great, but there's so little real story content that if you take too long in playing through the whole thing, it starts to feel really vapid and hollow. I spent upwards of 120 hours playing through it, spacing everything out so I only tackled story missions after I'd done as much side-stuff as I could, and in the end it made the story feel way too sparse and weak.
I'd recommend hitting the story as quickly as you can, then if you still feel like it, continuing to do everything else after that. Might leave a better impression on you.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:17 pm

I'd argue the opposite, the story is probably the worst one in the entire series so it really isn't worth playing through save for Quiet's stuff. It's better to take your time to get the necessary resources, manpower, and weapons to trek through the main missions.

I had such a hard time cause I didn't have a sniper or any companions like D-Dog and Quiet, plus the enemies rival hawks in terms of eyesight. But if you're the kind to Rambo the fuck out of everything than stealth (which is what I prefer to do) then you'll be fine. It is the best game in the series when it comes to the gameplay, it's so addictive and fun that even I feel the urge to play it once in awhile even to do all those tedious little mission tasks (which are literally the only thing left for me to do).
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Thief » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:07 pm

Honestly, just doing the Main missions feels like you're taking your time. So many pointless filler missions.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:51 pm

Ya know what? I cant even imagine a MGS game being over 100 hours... like thats insane, I wouldnt even want that from this series. Especially when I have heard there is so much filler content, usually you wont hear complaints about so much content and I understand it is optional, but as a person who hasnt played the game and was never really interested, hearing that seems very strange from the under 50 hours experience the other MGS games have been. Just feels like something was way off with this game, I would imagine trying to do all that extra content would dilute the story of the game which the previous games relied on heavily. Take Snake Eater for example, the balance of that game was just incredibly well done and arguably the best game in the series. Where MGS 5, just from the sound of what I have heard, seems like its just trying to do too much content wise to the point the story of the game is just lost in the muck of it. I would say that was Konami's doing, trying pack as much in, make it longer and more marketable for a global audience, the thing is its still highly excessive for this type of game. Maybe one day i'll try MGS 5 but I honestly doubt it, to me after Snake Eater the series was only alright, but MGS 1-3 are very high quality and classic games, now MGS seems like cash cow and not much more.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:33 am

sand4fish wrote: Though I'm still poor because of the Shenmue KS, I couldn't resist buying that red PS4 console bundle. Salute you Mr. Kojima for another masterpiece!

I'm not quite sure you understand what the word "poor" means.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Previous

Return to General Gaming