Beyond Two Souls

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Beyond Two Souls

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:56 am

I beat it two days ago and despite certain things making big improvements over Heavy Rain I still have to say I enjoyed Heavy Rain more. I think it was mainly down to the story.

I didn't see the point of them mixing the scenes up in a random order rather then let you just play out Jodie's life. It's not like it was informing you of things to come it the order did just see totally random. If I ever play it again I would maybe go through the chapter select screen and just play it in the order of the timeline.

I also just preferred the story and premise in Heavy Rain. I just felt like the CIA sections wern't as fun as other parts of the game and the story would have benefitted with sticking with the focus of Jodie rather then what the CIA was doing. It's a shame because some of the scenes that just focus of Jodie are great.

Anyway I chose life with Ryan.

It felt like they was setting up for a sequal but I can't see it happening. They wouldn't be able to start a Beyond 2 in a way that takes into consideration what everyone did at the end of the first game.

Well this game isn't going to win over any Heavy Rain haters so avoid it if you're but if you was someone who enjoyed it this game is worth a go.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby The_Intruder » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Beyond two souls only sold 305,429 in it's first week. This game might be a commercial failure. I actually liked Indigo prophecy and Heavy Rain more than Beyond two souls. Beyond was not a bad game but the way they mix the chapters I didn't like.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby shredingskin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:50 pm

I think this is the worst game david cage made.

The writing and the story in this game is SOOOOO bad I don't know how can anyone like it.

It's like Cage is a baby "I want trains, and ghost, sci fi, indians, romance, scary stuff..." everything is SO bad.

I literally loled when
They say that they want souls to make weapons
and I thought back when cage was all like "my grandmother died, and I started thinking what's on the other side", I just couldn't stopped thinking about this game as a weird comedy or something.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Axm » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:15 am

Meh wasnt that bad imo. Not a perfect game though, it had its ups and downs. Preferred Heavy Rain. Indigo I didnt care for once it got nuts.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Previous

Return to General Gaming