Gaming Deals

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming Deals

Postby myshtuff » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:54 pm

FlagshipFighter wrote:
Kindled_One wrote:Up to 75% off on the Metal Gear franchise.
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/metal-gear/

Man, I am deeply concerned with what Konami releases next, and that's for any of their IP's. Metal Gear Rising, Solid V and Castlevania LOS, will we ever get to play a worthwhile AAA game from these franchises again? :(

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/06/people-are-mass-disliking-metal-gear-pachinko/
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:50 am

^^Saw a big fuss over that on facebook, but people obviously don't seem to be aware that pachinko machines are a big business in Japan, and practically every franchise worth a damn has a tie-in. Konami putting out a Metal Gear machine is nowhere near the ugly trespass people are making it out to be.

OL has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:54 am

^Sorry OL but you must have not been on the internet this past year.

We have to hate everything Konami does no matter what and not give it any rational thought. Just thought I'd let you know so you don't embarrass yourself anymore.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: OL, St. Elmo's Fire
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Riku Rose wrote: ^Sorry OL but you must have not been on the internet this past year.

We have to hate everything Konami does no matter what and not give it any rational thought. Just thought I'd let you know so you don't embarrass yourself anymore.

TBH every topic discussed just about anywhere on the whole internet seems to end up like that. You HAVE to either love or hate something. You DEFINITELY cannot like something but then also say good things about a competitor! Divisionism FTW!

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: OL
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:25 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: ^Sorry OL but you must have not been on the internet this past year.

TBH every topic discussed just about anywhere on the whole internet seems to end up like that. You HAVE to either love or hate something. You DEFINITELY cannot like something but then also say good things about a competitor! Divisionism FTW!

If you love print media so much why don't you MARRY it?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:10 pm

TBH I'm largely basing my (kinda unfair) comment on the comment sections of website versions of print media! :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:06 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:

I maintain that it's just a vocal minority. For every person who got pissed that there was no women in Assassin's Creed there was 30 people who shrugged their shoulders. Sure you have toilets like the Youtube comment sections but most places like forums show most people are level headed as you can't build a community with idiots (apart from Yorkshire). This place for example over the years has had the majority of people be quite rational but then we always have the odd idiot who will make a post like it's the end of the world when someone like Konami, Square or EA do something that isn't 100% what they wanted.

I heard Colin Trevorrow while doing press for Jurassic World talking about how he went to the Universal execs after the first trailer for the film was getting a lot of hate. To summarize they said something along the line of. "The trailer isn't for the people moaning about it, it's for the people we need to convince to see the film. All those people moaning will see it anyway."

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:49 pm

This place did cross my mind as being pretty special and unique in that regard, so much so that the sorta thing I referenced is usually stomped on pretty quickly!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:49 pm

System Shock 2 is free when you try out the beta version of GOG Galaxy. Phenomenal game- I recommend getting some mods for it such as Rebirth, SHTUP, ADaoB, and Vurt's Hi-Res Space (unless you like the nostalgia factor of just a black background with white dots).

https://www.gog.com/

Great modding guide for SS2 (Very easy process)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144318168
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Calshot » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:13 pm

I'm late to the party, but GOG is having its summer sale right now and you can potentially earn some free games.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:12 pm

battlefield 4 and hardline are at 5 euros each on the psn store right now.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Mr357 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:20 pm

Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Raithos » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:41 pm

Awesome deal for Corpse Party. Has a small art book and 2 disc soundtrack as well. OOS but they will ship when its in stock. Def pick it up if you want something different to play, totally worth $20. I think I paid 30 for mine on sale few months ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing ... gible=true
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Raithos » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:59 am

Free Splinter Cell for PC.

https://club.ubi.com/#!/en-GB/ubi30
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"