Batman Arkham Knight

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Batman Arkham Knight

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Yeah it's like they're scared of featuring anyone other than the Joker cause it could completely ruin the chances of it doing well. Which the opposite happened.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:30 pm

I was a little bit struck by the "meh" factor when Joker made his reveal in Origins, but as the story went along, I got over it pretty quick. They handled the character in such a brilliant way that I didn't mind it revolving around him after all.
I don't think this next one will have him though. There will be mentions, no doubt, but they've pretty much canonized it that he can't be there. I think they're taking the opportunity to focus elsewhere.

OL has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:19 pm

No, I was completely the opposite. I hated the fact it completely u-turned on a story not involving the Joker. What got me excited for the game was the initial hype of seeing Black Mask as the villain. I've had such little exposure to him through Batman stories as a whole, outside of the Under the Red Hood film, that I couldn't wait for a 'new' villain to take centre stage.

I expected more of a presence in Arkham City from the teaser trailers highlighting Sionis Industries but was left disappointed on that front.

If it took four games to finally explore more opportunities, something really is wrong. Just add this emoticon face to lighten the mood of my post: #-o
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:06 am

I think that Origins worked a little too well, and that was it's downfall. It truly felt like it was set before Asylum, and therefore didn't have the impact that it should've. For someone getting into the series for the first time though, it's the perfect starting point. It's just a shame they'll have to follow it up with a game that could be considered a significant downgrade in certain areas.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby OL » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Actually that's a really great thought on it. If someone I knew hadn't played the series yet, I think I would recommend they go Asylum>Origins>City. Sort of "here's the setup, here's what happened in the past, here's the 'ending'".
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:11 am

phpBB [video]

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:32 am

Blatantly gonna be Hush or Jason Todd under the Arkham Knight suit. Kinda annoyed though that there'll be no drop-in/drop-out co-op. This game needs Nightwing n Robin as fully playable characters. Suppose we'll just have to wait for WB Montreal to get their mitts on it.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:39 pm

Yeah my money would be on Hush.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby OL » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Could be Jean-Paul Valley. Azrael made an appearance in City after all, and the whole "spikey-looking violent version of Batman" is kind of his thang.
Unlikely, but it's a possibility.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:15 am

Looks more like Todd's Batman suit in BftC tbh.

EDIT: And it's Michael Lane Azrael anyway.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed May 21, 2014 10:03 am

phpBB [video]

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Kenny
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed May 21, 2014 3:27 pm

I dunno if it's because I didn't watch it in HD, or because it was playing out of some shitty speakers, but it didn't really do anything for me. Also pretty annoyed that they've already dismissed multiplayer.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:13 am

Rocksteady Games' Batman: Arkham Knight will not be with us this October after all, the developer has revealed, but instead will make its debut on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2015.

That's obviously a disappointment, but the developer is hoping to soothe our frustrations by telling us more about the Batmobile.

USgamer went hands-on with Batman: Arkham Knight ahead of E3 and reports that the Batmobile comes across as a "heavily armoured and heavily armed war wagon that players can take into a huge number of exterior spaces in the game's massive, free-roaming rendition of Gotham City".

"Convert the machine into battle mode and it reveals a massive gatling gun that, once fully charged, can fire devastating explosive blasts capable of shredding the armour on enemy machines,"

"Rocksteady hasn't lost sight of Batman's essence, though. While the Batmobile could theoretically pulp the hired muscle working for the reinvigorated Scarecrow and his deadly ally the Arkham Knight, the developers have taken special care to ensure that won't happen.

"The bad guys appear to have segregated themselves neatly into groups of weak, fleshy types on foot and heavily armoured drones, and when Batman enters into combat he arms himself appropriately: high-impact armaments for mechanical foes, stun rounds for humans.

"And should you contemplate resorting to mundane vehicular manslaughter, be aware that Rocksteady is a step ahead of you there, too. When enemies approach the Batmobile on foot, they'll be flung away by the ring of tasers that line the vehicle's perimeter. All the bases are covered. Batman may be driving around with a minigun on the roof, but he's still a peacenik at heart."

As previously reported, the Batmobile can be summoned at the press of a button, or Batman can head back to it to take control or he can operate it via remote. "In short, the Batmobile is meant to function as an extension of Batman himself, and generally speaking it works."

USG also caught sight of the eponymous Arkham Knight himself, the game's chief bad guy, and reports that he resembles "a lithe, tactically armoured mirror image of Batman himself" but is "more like the commander of a private militia". Good news, though - he's not above "spouting hoary dialogue about revenge and wanting to be the one to personally humble Batman".

It's a bigger game, then, with new priorities, but "Rocksteady hasn't lost sight of the spirit of Batman, which the first two games captured so effectively... You're still the Dark Knight and the World's Greatest Detective." That means more fluid third-person combat - with new elements, of course - and environmental puzzles to solve.

phpBB [video]

The game was announced about two months ago and already got delayed?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Oh shit... it looks like the game is going to be rated M. That's a first.

www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/24/batman- ... is-rated-m

Really interesting... I wonder what prompted the rating. I can't imagine the game is all blood and guts, and I'm absolutely sure they didn't lace the dialogue with "fucks" like a GTA game. Shallow to say it, but this actually makes me even more interested in the game, just to see what's different enough in this one to make it the equivalent of an R-rating.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:28 am

Well I just got an email saying my copy has been posted and is being sent first class so I may have it tomorrow. Would be a nice cherry on top of a good week.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming