Batman Arkham Knight

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Batman Arkham Knight

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:05 am

Little tip for anyone that buys this. The game came for me today and when you put the disc in it triggers a 3.5GB patch. Might want to get that out of the way right away.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:10 pm

Amazon? Mines hasnt even been dispatched yet. Although its the Amazon exclusive edition with the Batman statue so i am hoping they havent had the same problems as the GAME Batmobile statue exclusive.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Nah, The Game Collection.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ÐÃ ß×® » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:16 pm

I got my hands on this game today. Currently downloading the huge game file.

I could start playing it while it doenloads but I'm going to let it finish all the way.
ÐÃ ß×®
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Not reading a thing here to avoid spoilers but I just got this:

"Batman Arkham Knight - Amazon.co.uk Exclusive Limited Edition (Xbox One)"

We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies

As we previously advised, due to a packaging quality issue with the manufacturer, your physical order (including game) should arrive to you on or before 14 July, 2015.

Amazon can fuck right off
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:36 pm

I've played it for about 3-4 hours so far and I'm already sick of the batmobile. I don't think there has been one puzzle or area the game doesn't force you to use it.

Every area they'll have you jump over a wall and take out 3 guys so you can open the gate to let the batmobile in.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ÐÃ ß×® » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:46 am

Man fuck the riddler's mission to save catwoman and fuck the batmobile.

Good thing those missions are side quests and not main plot, otherwise I would be stuck.
ÐÃ ß×®

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:58 pm

Well I beat the game about an hour ago and I'd say that although the game is overall a lot of fun it has a lot of issues.

The Batmobile is pretty much terrible. I didn't mind using it as a vehicle too get from point A to point B but the tank combat just feels so weird and out of place, it just seems stupid that you can hit people while going 150mph as Batman and shoot rockets. Going through the main story they make you use the Batmobile non stop and it really feels like poor design on the developers part. I was bored of them about a quarter of the way through the game but was still having fun with just taking out a room full of guys even though I've done that in 3 games before this one.

The story for the most part was cool but I guessed the big twist about an hour into the game and the ending just felt a little flat because of something the game makes you do before unlocking the end. I was playing the game last night and felt the ending building up before the game just stops you in your tracks and tells you too do some other stuff before this get's unlocked, it really killed the pacing of it all. There was one twist that comes into the game only about 2 hours in which is pretty cool and is probably my favourite part of the game.

Overall it's a great game but I'd probably place it as the worst in the Arkham series.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ÐÃ ß×® » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:38 am

Whoever thought using the batmobile as a way to fight a boss battle should be hanged.

I'm stuck fighting the dark knight in the tunnel with the scavator. What a turn off.

I had to quit. Died like 30 times trying to do it.

Bad design all around.
ÐÃ ß×®

Postby ÐÃ ß×® » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:46 am

Riku Rose wrote: Well I beat the game about an hour ago and I'd say that although the game is overall a lot of fun it has a lot of issues.

The Batmobile is pretty much terrible. I didn't mind using it as a vehicle too get from point A to point B but the tank combat just feels so weird and out of place, it just seems stupid that you can hit people while going 150mph as Batman and shoot rockets. Going through the main story they make you use the Batmobile non stop and it really feels like poor design on the developers part. I was bored of them about a quarter of the way through the game but was still having fun with just taking out a room full of guys even though I've done that in 3 games before this one.

The story for the most part was cool but I guessed the big twist about an hour into the game and the ending just felt a little flat because of something the game makes you do before unlocking the end. I was playing the game last night and felt the ending building up before the game just stops you in your tracks and tells you too do some other stuff before this get's unlocked, it really killed the pacing of it all. There was one twist that comes into the game only about 2 hours in which is pretty cool and is probably my favourite part of the game.

Overall it's a great game but I'd probably place it as the worst in the Arkham series.

Some guy described this game pretty spot on.

He said he felt like he was playing Twisted Metal Black all the time. :rotflmao:

I thought the game was alright but the batmobile was too much.
ÐÃ ß×®

Postby Peter » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:07 am

Finally! Thought I'd never get there.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: joka, Thief
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby joka » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:14 pm

The best bits of Arkham Knight were the detective sections for me where you're rewinding crime scenes etc.

There's a fairly stupid 'glitch' at the end that is apparently deliberate and left a bad taste for me...

if you decide to complete 6/7 of the side most wanted quests prior to completing the main story then you have to complete a further 4 just to unlock the first 'proper' knightfall ending but not the full one.

However if you burn through the story first you can unlock it with the lesser amount of side missions complete.

I 100%'d arkham asylum but then it got a bit crazy with the amount of Riddler trophies in the subsequent games so that was that.

I think Arkham City is probably the best in the series but the first was such a surprise that it'll always be my fave.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby myshtuff » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:55 pm

Just started playing on pc the other day. I must be one of the only people who doesn't have any issues on pc aside from a framerate drop every once in a blue moon. Even after playing all 3 other games I am still enjoying it quite a bit. Then again I love batman so I'm a little biased.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:01 am

A 60 minute VR Arkham experiance coming. Pretty sure Mittens has died of happiness somewhere.

phpBB [video]

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: myshtuff
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:37 am

Decided to go back to this. Only 90 riddler trophies left....

Would get the season pass but from what I've seen it's only worth about £15
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Previous

Return to General Gaming