The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Zelda Wii U Announced

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:24 am

The main character in The Legend of Zelda Wii U sure looks like longtime hero Link, but producer Eiji Aonuma is teasing that this may not be the case.

“No one explicitly said that that was Link," Aonuma told GamesBeat, leading to speculation that the blue-tuniced champion from the trailer isn't our familiar hero.

I'm excited as fuck. I know some people complain about certain entries in the Zelda series but I don't think there has been a single bad one. For their track record alone I'm always willing to buy a Zelda console game day one. I was hoping to see a bit more since it's only a year out and this just seemed like a tease when we was already teased last year.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Raithos » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:37 am

Same here, I've enjoyed every single one I've played. I was surprised when that was all we got, I figured there would have been commentary for it like there was for the new Xenoblade. I found a video where they talk over 45 minutes of gameplay, but all we got was 60 seconds or so for Zelda.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Giorgio » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Thief wrote:I too thought that Link was a girl when I saw the trailer for the Zelda Wii U. They were talking about breaking conventions and I thought--- ooooooooh Link is hawt! Link is.... a boy. :oops:

HEH! Exclusive: That might not have been Link in the Wii U Zelda trailer, producer teases
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:49 pm

:lol:

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:26 am

I'm totally down playing the title character for once.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:25 am

It's Link. It's been confirmed.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:49 pm

awww, and i was totally ready to cross dress around hyrule as sheik.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Aonuma has said that there might be a playable demo at next year's E3, which would mean that release is still well over a year off. Plus the Starfox game isn't scheduled for another 18 months at least....

No offence but Nintendo, that is fucking shocking.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:54 pm

It is a little bit of a an untimely time frame, considering that the Wii-U is doing god awful and zelda and a few other titles like xenoblade and mario and some of its first party titles are really gonna be the only things that are going to save it. I dont think bayonetta 2 is gonna have much of an impact and idk what other third party exclusives it has that matter? It needs exclusives to survive, and this new Zelda will definitely push units, I guess they just want to make sure the game itself is top quality, shame nintendo are snails with releasing the zelda games, they take alot more time to develop seemingly simpler games. They are in their own world lol.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:36 am

Peter wrote: Aonuma has said that there might be a playable demo at next year's E3, which would mean that release is still well over a year off. Plus the Starfox game isn't scheduled for another 18 months at least....

AnimeGamer183 wrote:It is a little bit of a an untimely time frame, considering that the Wii-U is doing god awful and zelda and a few other titles like xenoblade and mario and some of its first party titles are really gonna be the only things that are going to save it. I dont think bayonetta 2 is gonna have much of an impact and idk what other third party exclusives it has that matter? It needs exclusives to survive, and this new Zelda will definitely push units, I guess they just want to make sure the game itself is top quality, shame nintendo are snails with releasing the zelda games, they take alot more time to develop seemingly simpler games. They are in their own world lol.

No offence, but that is precisely what all of the competitors do as well, show games really early?

At least it isn't another Last Guardian or Final Fantasy XV - show a trailer waaaay too early and keep their fans hanging on for years on end. At least those Nintendo games are coming out within a year, that isn't that long compared to other games first reveals. I agree that the Wii U needs Zelda though. Wii U isn't doing as god awful as it was now due to Mario Kart sales boosting the sales a significant amount and Smash Bros. will no doubt again boost the sales once more. It's never going to be a roaring success of a console, but as long as they keep up the "quality over quantity" up then it can be another N64 for me rather than another Wii, since that's what I am after with a Nintendo console.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:49 am

I have seen alot of games that get unveils just months before they even come out recently, every dev is different, and im not saying development time is taking longer, just it seems a growing trend to announce the game just a few months before its release date.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:08 am

I suppose it depends on a number of factors. They may have marketing campaigns in the works which require there to be a significant amount of time between each release. Throwing them all out on the shelves at once wouldn't be a very clever business tactic, but Nintendo defo needed to make a statement of intent at E3, and they seem to have done it.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:28 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I have seen alot of games that get unveils just months before they even come out recently, every dev is different, and im not saying development time is taking longer, just it seems a growing trend to announce the game just a few months before its release date.

Well it doesn't make sense for devs like Ubisoft and Activision to announce a game 2 years before it comes out or we would know about Assassin's Creed 7 right now.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:47 am

Henry Spencer wrote:
Peter wrote: Aonuma has said that there might be a playable demo at next year's E3, which would mean that release is still well over a year off. Plus the Starfox game isn't scheduled for another 18 months at least....

AnimeGamer183 wrote:It is a little bit of a an untimely time frame, considering that the Wii-U is doing god awful and zelda and a few other titles like xenoblade and mario and some of its first party titles are really gonna be the only things that are going to save it. I dont think bayonetta 2 is gonna have much of an impact and idk what other third party exclusives it has that matter? It needs exclusives to survive, and this new Zelda will definitely push units, I guess they just want to make sure the game itself is top quality, shame nintendo are snails with releasing the zelda games, they take alot more time to develop seemingly simpler games. They are in their own world lol.

No offence, but that is precisely what all of the competitors do as well, show games really early?

At least it isn't another Last Guardian or Final Fantasy XV - show a trailer waaaay too early and keep their fans hanging on for years on end. At least those Nintendo games are coming out within a year, that isn't that long compared to other games first reveals. I agree that the Wii U needs Zelda though. Wii U isn't doing as god awful as it was now due to Mario Kart sales boosting the sales a significant amount and Smash Bros. will no doubt again boost the sales once more. It's never going to be a roaring success of a console, but as long as they keep up the "quality over quantity" up then it can be another N64 for me rather than another Wii, since that's what I am after with a Nintendo console.

Honestly, it's probably on its way to becoming the best Nintendo console since the N64.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:45 am

Now thats a lofty statement, do explain. Nintendo themselves didnt exactly see the 64 has a booming success ya know. The PS1 out sold it like 3 times as much. Although it did introduce 64bit with 4 player, and it probably was the most fun from a multi player stand point.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming