The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX)

Postby Raithos » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:45 am

I'm anxious to see the differences between the Wii-U and NX version. The game look so damn good. I look forward to and play each one, but its been years since I've been this excited for a new Zelda.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:46 am

Nintendo said the two versions will be identical.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:58 am

^ The NX version has to look better though. They're probably talking gameplay?
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Raithos » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:27 am

I think game play wise they will be. There will definitely be something unique to the NX version though. Even if its just running at a higher frame rate (which is huge to me). I don't see them not taking advantage of the hardware in some way and giving people a reason to spring for an NX.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX)

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:32 am

Sonikku wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:Every time I watched more videos on it, it kept blowing my mind. BotW changes things but in ways that would seem to fit well in Zelda, so alot of the changes work. But what they showed was only about 2% of the game world? :shock: this game is going to be long as shit and I have a feeling we will all be savoring every morsel of this game once we finally get out hands on it. So now... I need a NX price point? If this game and the NX both drop on the same day, I may do what I did in 2006 and buy a launch NX like I did with Twilight princess and the wii back then.

You can actually fight the final boss right at the start of the game, lol.

I don't see this as a bad thing. It's true,the model of Zelda games has always been to build yourself up, gather better equipment and get more experience until you're ready to confront the big baddie. But I think that if you're already a grand Zelda master with the sword that you could be able to take on the final boss right off the bat. Maybe the boss does three hearts worth of damage on basic green tunic garb ensuring you'll die from taking a single hit. But if that's the kind of challenge someone feels up to, a challenge requiring sublime player execution, it's there for those that want it.

Oh, I agree. I was just pointing g that out.

Besides, Aonuma made it sound like it would be near impossible to beat the game without getting the proper upgrades, but it could be done if the player is skilled enough. I think that's awesome, and I am looking forward to seeing who can pull it off. It actually has the potential to be a big Internet/YouTube thing, even further putting this game in the limelight. Quite genius actually.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:16 pm

Monkei wrote: ^ The NX version has to look better though. They're probably talking gameplay?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/zelda- ... 0-6440876/
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:19 am

Sonikku wrote:
Monkei wrote: ^ The NX version has to look better though. They're probably talking gameplay?

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/16/z ... xperience/

TwiceFriedRice has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, Raithos
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:50 am

Sonikku wrote:

"It doesn't even sound like graphics will be affected." - that's pure speculation based on nothing, graphics weren't mentioned at all. I really doubt both versions will look the same.

Monkei has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, TwiceFriedRice
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:22 am

Monkei wrote:
Sonikku wrote:

"It doesn't even sound like graphics will be affected." - that's pure speculation based on nothing, graphics weren't mentioned at all. I really doubt both versions will look the same.

Check out the link I posted. Aonuma confirmed the graphics will be improved in the NX version, which was pretty obvious.

TwiceFriedRice has received a thanks from: Raithos
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:39 pm

Yeah I figured only the game play would be the same. It's extremely rare for a company to release a 3D game on a more powerful platform and not take advantage of the hardware in some way. I bet the lighting/shadows and frame rate will be higher. And most likely improved textures as well.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:39 pm

I would imagine the NX version will have sharper looking models, smoother frame rate, not as much pop in, better lighting effects and maybe the ability to see further off into the distance? Makes it seem like it would be more worth while to pick up the NX. I am hyped to get more details on NX now, but fuck what if Zelda is the only thing I really even want on it? My love for mario went with my childhood, and there isnt that much first party stuff I even really care about, so I need to see a list of 3rd party games coming out on it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:04 pm

I hope its backwards compatible. If so I will ditch my Wii-U and get an NX for sure. I want to play the best version Breath of the Wild out there. But if its not, I will wait a LONG time before I get the NX after how to Wii-U turned out. I will either wait until a good price drop or until Nintendo prove they will have a strong line up like they used it. I don't regret my U purchase one bit. The game I have on it are great. But its far and away the least used console I've ever owned.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:52 pm

http://wiiudaily.com/2016/06/new-zelda- ... lith-soft/

Now THAT is awesome to hear, and explains a lot of the new changes. Looking forward to the game even more now.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:47 am

Ah, so Monolith is giving a helping hand in developing the game, that is good news. Their team would actually fit pretty darn well onto the Zelda dev team when you really think about it. Also explains why the game is going to be huge, monolith can make some cool worlds, Cant wait to hear more about BotW.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:24 am

I really don't like the news that it will have its own line of amiibos. That means to get the full experience you have to buy little figurines to unlock stuff.

And I keep hearing this 12x larger than TP. So what modern game does that come close to? Red Dead Redemption? GTA 5? Just Cause 3?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming