Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:22 pm

Oh yes I have played and beaten 12. 12 was one of those games I had mixed feelings about. The battle system sucked me in like any usual FF game would, but the story was obviously incomplete, solid game play in that one though. I will be all over a FFXII HD remake especially if its the zodiac edition of the game. 12 certainly wasnt my favorite because some of its weak points were unacceptable for FF in my opinion.

im more curious about the car/driving parts of XV though. Hopefully you can stop when ever you want and get out and wreak some havoc on baddies the whole car thing seems almost like a ridiculous concept to put in FF but im hoping it makes it fresh.

Also another thing I want to mention.. 55% done??? thats it?? whaaatt? scratch what I said before, it might be 2016 till it comes out. Im hoping thats some kind of mistranslation or a joke or something. How much did they have to rework from Versus XIII??? Yeesh.

I also read that noctis character is a rip off of the character Sasuke from the anime Naruto, there are screen by screen comparisons of the demo they showed and that anime and his facial expressions and demeanor and mannerisms are identical to sasukes... nice square. That being said, expect Noctis to be a dark character with issues I would imagine, that may not be so bad. Im still hoping for the best, but trying to keep expectations low and not get hyped so easily.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Every character these days in Japanese anime,manga,tv shows all rip off each other to a certain extent.

In terms of what I think. I'll reserve judgement until it comes out. But so far it looks really cool. I hope the battle system is good and it doesnt stray too far off the traditional RPG format. I hope theirs villages, an over world to free roam and doesnt throw the best of the game only at the end.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:29 pm

Well judging from those interviews, its looking like its going to be free world with everything seemlessly connected. i would think ala skyrim gta etc. You will probably roam around in the car, get out for battles and events and cut scenes or hopefully whenever you feel like it. As I said there is still alot i wish to know about the game, it definitely has potential.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:50 pm

Looks like Gambits are back! Suck it up XII haters. \:D/

http://pdfaiw.uspto.gov/.aiw?Docid=2014 ... 16A4229D34

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=900371

FFXV Combat Patent (before anyone complains, ATB has a patent too):

Looks like it's going to be a more dynamic and a bit more complicated version of XII's Gambit system. I can't wait to see the FF fanboys bitchin' about it whilst I bathe in its beauty (Best. Battle. System. Ever). I'm just so ecstatic the Gambit system is back. If it turns out Hiroyuki Ito is the Lead Game Designer (Director of XII after Matsuno left) then it'll all make sense why it's back.

The more I hear/see about this game the better it gets.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: Axm, OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Axm » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:12 pm

I liked 12's system alot. Not my favorite but its got me very relieved.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:28 pm

phpBB [video]

Square translated the TGS demos of FF15 and Type-0 in english, here it is.

edit- so I was wrong about this video, its actually a follow up to the demonstrations they showed at TGS, and apparently they are going to be releasing these regularly, and another one will be done in november. There is also some new FF15 footage in there, and Tabata-san answers a shit ton of fan questions. Anyway, the meat and potatoes of it, is you wont be able to switch characters, in the new video they show you do actually see the input commands on the lower left of the screen while in battle like the usual fare in Final Fantasy games, so it is there unlike what many theories were when shown the original TGS footage when there was nothing on the bottom left of the screen. and there is alot of other cool techincal information mainly about the battle system. Tabata also gives a shady answer about the game only being 55% finished, apparently thats all they completed trying to port aspects of the PS3 version to PS4, (hopefully meaning alot of the world originally envisioned is intact and there isnt much that needs to be added) and im sure the other time consuming part in the process of doing that is to improve the game, not just visually, but playability and game play and technical aspects, making it a true PS4 and next gen Final Fantasy game, or so I would imagine. Anyway, its kind of long, 50 minutes, but since there are so many questions about this game, its good to clear some of the air about it. I honestly didnt like everything I heard, some of it sounds like straight BS from the developers/PR guys making sure what to and not to let out, but im glad they are alteast being up front about the changes even since E3 2013. Give it a watch if you have time.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:08 am

phpBB [video]

=P~

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, Axm
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:21 am

I'm not a huge fan of the series, the last one that I've played was XII, but this one got me interested. The car thing surprised me and is kind of weird and interesting at the same time. I liked that you could drive around, park along the road and go fight monsters on those fields. For some reason it got me thinking of games like Phantasy Star Online, Monster Hunter and Xenoblade. Even some Shadow of the Colossus when I saw some monster. I'll follow this one for sure.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:55 am

Nice little video there. I like they how they fleshed out one particular part of the FF15 world in that, instead of showing a tiny bit of many of the different parts. I noticed at the end their car was gone, maybe the people in the air craft took it?

I noticed a few small bugs ands glitches in it too, the other party members doing weird things while running on the field and noctis and them got stuck a couple times too one even ran straight into a tree at one point, hopefully they can polish those sorts of things up before this baby comes out, the world looks gorgeous.

I wonder why they barely fought? That one little lingering goblin at the end was about all there was to any kind of battle in this. Also I couldnt tell if those huge hog/buffalo things were chasing them trying to fight, or if they were running with them through the fields intentionally which actually seemed kind of funny and weird, maybe they were non-aggro type of monsters or have a special aggro specification to make them come attack on their own, especially those weird pig nosed monsters that were in the pond that they got pretty close to but they never actually attacked the party.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:31 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:
phpBB [video]

=P~

There is so much good in this video and to think we're seeing literally nothing in terms of the games actual scale. I have a ton of hope for this game, more so than I've had in a long time for the series.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:50 pm

phpBB [video]

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Ugh... square has been insisting i give them my money lately... I'll buy that CE even if I dont have a PS4 yet. Im such a whore... :cry:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:24 pm

Really nice package for the price (£79.99), which is exactly why I pre-ordered it as soon as it went live. Really looking forward to Type Ohhh.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:38 pm

US Pre-orders are here http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/final ... AvEK8P8HAQ

I havent found another retailer offering pre-orders yet so gamestop is it for right now unfortunately, and its an online only. I couldnt even find it on the official square-enix shop, but their shipping is pricey and im glad I wasnt forced to go through them like I was for my KH 2.5 HD CE. Art book, Soundtrack... MANGA??? Yeah, im there, im so fucking there.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Gamestop is charging more just for the game than Square-Enix shop is charging for the game PLUS shipping. That's crazy. Picked mine up from SE. That's one of the best looking steel books I've seen.

https://type0.na.square-enix.com/
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming